ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else get their football ticket application?

TankHawk

HB All-American
Jan 29, 2002
Interesting that there is an incentive for early renewals. At least they realize they need to try something. I think a price decrease in recognition
of this crappy schedule would have been a better option.

It'll be interesting to see what Kinnick looks like in 2015. I think there will be a game or two that Iowa won't get 60,000 in the stands. If Iowa were to lose to Iowa State in Ames, I think it will be almost certain that Kinnick will be in the neighborhood of 55,000 in the stands to watch Iowa play North Texas.

This will be the first year that Ferentz will legitimately be on the hot seat with the people up top, I think. Another 7-5 season or worse, with meager ticket sales, and I think Barta's hand will be forced enough to pull the plug on Ferentz, especially if one of those losses is in Ames, Iowa.

Originally posted by hoks2415:
It'll be interesting to see what Kinnick looks like in 2015. I think there will be a game or two that Iowa won't get 60,000 in the stands. If Iowa were to lose to Iowa State in Ames, I think it will be almost certain that Kinnick will be in the neighborhood of 55,000 in the stands to watch Iowa play North Texas.

This will be the first year that Ferentz will legitimately be on the hot seat with the people up top, I think. Another 7-5 season or worse, with meager ticket sales, and I think Barta's hand will be forced enough to pull the plug on Ferentz, especially if one of those losses is in Ames, Iowa.
IDK, just the fact McCarney coaches North Texas will probably fill seats.

What is the incentive for early renewals? Haven't got my application yet, but I know I am going to renew.

Originally posted by redman21:
What is the incentive for early renewals? Haven't got my application yet, but I know I am going to renew.
$10 voucher for concessions for each game and 30% discount for one PREseason visit to Herky's Locker room

Wooohoooo

This post was edited on 2/15 9:42 PM by FG86

Originally posted by FG86:

$10 voucher for concessions for each game and 30% discount for one PREseason visit to Herky's Locker room

Wooohoooo

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Writing is on the wall they're expecting ticket sales to tank.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Love this quote from today's Hawk Central -

"In our world, there's nothing more important than the season
ticket-holder," said Rick Klatt, Iowa's associate athletics director for
external relations. "We're committed to doing all we possibly can to
keep them engaged. We need their help to kick-start the momentum."

"momentum" is the key word. Apparently, they had a strategy meeting and came up with this word. The momentum is going alright, down the toilet.

Article in Des Moines Register today states that only 64% of season ticket holders are likely to renew. Not sure how big of a sample size they used, but that is definitely an alarming statistic.

64% Expected Renewals

Wooohoooo

I have to hand it to them. That is some real outside the box thinking on "how could we possibly make the concession stands a bigger clusterf*** at halftime?" They said it couldn't be done.

Simple as this folks ... You want any changes in Iowa City ... Stop buying tickets ... Gave mine up after having them for 10 seasons ... No way, no how could I continue to invest the time and money seeing what slowly was and has become, a mediocre product. As long as butts are in the seats ... For the people who do continue to invest hard-earned money into watching Iowa football at Kinnick ... I don't get it... It's like going to the same fine restaurant (over and over again) and continuing to order your favorite meal even though every time they undercook it and/or it makes you sick ...

I know many fans come from small towns and going to Kinnick is sort of like a weekend getaway. I get it. I used to love the tailgating, etc. Would eat it all up ... Then, it just stopped being fun. The home loss to ISU was my last home game in 2012 and I havent been back since ... I just can't and won't support Kirk and/or Gary any longer.

IDK, just the fact McCarney coaches North Texas will probably fill seats.
LOL, you cannot possibly be serious.

People don't come to games, especially a guaranteed snoozefest like that one, to look at the coach on the opposing sidelines.

There's also an even-money chance that UNT's starting QB this year will be an alum of Iowa City High, and I still think that game will rival the smallest Kinnick Crowd since I started attending games in 1988 (currently held by the 2000 Western Michigan game, with 54K and change paid attendance).

This post was edited on 2/16 9:32 AM by Buck.McCoy

I attended every home game in the 1973 season when Iowa went 0-11. I've had football season tickets for 30 years and basketball for 20. I'm in the top 20% in the ticket point system. I'm an Iowa alum. But like a few folks have said, there's nothing enjoyable about the Iowa football or men's basketball experience anymore. I will be among those season ticket holders who definitely will not be renewing for 2015. We could be in the worst era of Iowa football and basketball since those infamous days of the 70s, and I refuse to be a part of it any longer.

Simple as this...

I'm an Iowa fan, waiting for season tickets to open up. All of this talk about canceling your tickets, in order to show the athletic department is foolish. I know there are many more like me, who are excited with the fact that some seats may actually open up.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
I attended every home game in the 1973 season when Iowa went 0-11. I've had football season tickets for 30 years and basketball for 20. I'm in the top 20% in the ticket point system. I'm an Iowa alum. But like a few folks have said, there's nothing enjoyable about the Iowa football or men's basketball experience anymore. I will be among those season ticket holders who definitely will not be renewing for 2015. We could be in the worst era of Iowa football and basketball since those infamous days of the 70s, and I refuse to be a part of it any longer.
Surely you can't be serious.

Originally posted by bobcat_baseball:
Simple as this...

I'm an Iowa fan, waiting for season tickets to open up. All of this talk about canceling your tickets, in order to show the athletic department is foolish. I know there are many more like me, who are excited with the fact that some seats may actually open up.
WTF are you even talking about? There have been THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of open seats for the last 3 seasons. Not only that, but you can buy $10 tickets on the street for just about any game that Iowa plays, and that includes opponents like Wisconsin and Nebraska.

People like you are really, really, REALLY stupid.

This post was edited on 2/16 2:09 PM by Buck.McCoy

I'm not sure I'll waste the time and money going to Kinnick for a single game.
It was an easy decision not to renew season tickets.

Too many FU's from Ferentz to warrant buying season tickets. Several posters said there is a waiting list. I think the waiting list must have gotten lost.

Originally posted by SkipperHawk:
Is the $10 concession voucher per seat or per order?
The $70 voucher is for the entire order. I emailed the ticket office and asked.

Simple as this...

I moved to San Diego in August, before moving, I could count on one hand how many home games I missed since I was six years old. If I was back in Iowa, I'd still get season tickets, I'd renew if Iowa was on a 20 game losing streak.

However, I can completely understand people not renewing and using their money as a vote. I am confident that Iowa will not have a sellout next year for a second consecutive season. I'm also confident that there will be a game or two that Iowa will struggle to get 60,000 in the stadium

This post was edited on 2/16 9:58 PM by hoks2415

People will come just to smell my farts.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Simple as this...

Then your support of said athletic department is foolish - you and your ilk are the one's responsible for the status quo.

monotony.gif

Wooohoooo

I think the incentives are great and I am looking forward to purchasing my season tickets. On Iowa, Go Hawks!

Originally posted by Ladell-hawk:

Wooohoooo

I think the incentives are great and I am looking forward to purchasing my season tickets. On Iowa, Go Hawks!

The incentive is a total joke. $10 worth of concessions per game that they price gouge you 4x their value or more for. Then I actually have to wait in a concession stand line for what? A water and a hot dog? I'd much rather them take $70 off the season ticket bill up front.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Simple as this...

Um they have been OPEN for years!!

Originally posted by hawkssox1:
Simple as this...

Um they have been OPEN for years!!
Yeah, I don't know what the situation is in this case, but the only people I knew waiting for tickets to open up got some 2 seasons ago. Maybe he is holding out for some really good tickets?

Originally posted by texas twister:
Love this quote from today's Hawk Central -

"In our world, there's nothing more important than the season
ticket-holder," said Rick Klatt, Iowa's associate athletics director for
external relations. "We're committed to doing all we possibly can to
keep them engaged. We need their help to kick-start the momentum."

"momentum" is the key word. Apparently, they had a strategy meeting and came up with this word. The momentum is going alright, down the toilet.
Horrible idea if this is what was discussed. You don't use a word like momentum after a 7-6 season with a blowout bowl loss to market towards your fanbase.

A lot of high schools use these kind of incentives to get more fans to games. Big time ideas.

I posted earlier that I am not renewing my 4 season tickets. Ticket prices are the least expensive part of my renewal. This is the part I don't like- tell me if I am wrong:

4 tickets- $1,580
4 per seat "deposits"- $1,600
I Club donation- $ 500

Total- $3,680

Throw in 2-3 bad opponents each year, hotel rooms (from Minneapolis), eating, drinking, gas, etc. You think I give a damn about 30% off merchandise or concession vouchers??????? How about 50% off my per seat "deposit"? Or something meaningful? 4 seats opening up on the 20.

Originally posted by hawk44ever:
I posted earlier that I am not renewing my 4 season tickets. Ticket prices are the least expensive part of my renewal. This is the part I don't like- tell me if I am wrong:

4 tickets- $1,580
I Club donation- $ 500

Total- $3,680
Curious why you factor in your IClub donation?

Originally posted by theIowaHawk:

4 tickets- $1,580
I Club donation- $ 500

Total- $3,680
I believe I Club donations add to your points.

Originally posted by BioHawk:
Originally posted by theIowaHawk:

4 tickets- $1,580
I Club donation- $ 500

Total- $3,680
I believe I Club donations add to your points.
Sure, but it isn't necessary to obtain tickets. I'm wondering if he knows that.

All very good questions. Last year, I called and was told I had to make the per seat deposit and the $500 I Club in order to keep my seats. I called this year and was told the same thing. As far as I know, my $1,600 also counts to my I Club donation (at least I write it off as such). Do I have a bad ticket office guy or was I donating an additional $500 on top of my $1,600 contribution and getting no additional bang for the dollar? My seats aren't great, 15-20 yard line, 30 rows up.

The incentives aren't great, but they are better than nothing. I will be renewing my season tickets until I can no longer navigate the stairs. Go Hawks!

All very good questions. Last year, I called and was told I had to make the per seat deposit and the $500 I Club in order to keep my seats. I called this year and was told the same thing. As far as I know, my $1,600 also counts to my I Club donation (at least I write it off as such). Do I have a bad ticket office guy or was I donating an additional $500 on top of my $1,600 contribution and getting no additional bang for the dollar? My seats aren't great, 15-20 yard line, 30 rows up.
The per seat fees for locations count as I Club donations. You were accumulating more "points" for your total amount of donation. For tax purposes, I believe 80% of the seat license fee may be claimed while 100% of the additional as charitable giving.

Originally posted by TankHawk:
The per seat fees for locations count as I Club donations. You were accumulating more "points" for your total amount of donation. For tax purposes, I believe 80% of the seat license fee may be claimed while 100% of the additional as charitable giving.
and there's the kicker

Thanks for the info. Either way, getting too expensive for me to come from Minneapolis for all the games. Family of four, tickets, hotel if early game, parking, eating, etc. God forbid but I may have to buy season tickets for Gopher games and get one Hawk game every 2 years Plus, I can go online and buy tickets at a much lower price. The seat deposit was the killer.

Originally posted by TankHawk:
Yeah, it could have been part of the reseating, i.e. you don't "keep" your seats if you don't have sufficient points.

This year that would be flat out wrong. No more reseating, no more necessity of "keeping" your seats, they are your seats as long as you pay for them + the per seat donation.

Yes it all counts towards your IClub donation.

Also, yes, the per seat donation is only a percentage, because you get (iirc), "enjoyment" or "use" out of them, as opposed to a straight donation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT