ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone else get their football ticket application?

I'm sorry but I also spent my time enduring the Iowa football through the 70s. If you think that Iowa football is near as bad to watch now as it was then it's probably because you were young dumb and drunk at the time. I know I'll get thrown under the bus for saying this but I've seen it hundreds of times. Watch out what you wish for because it took us twenty years to find someone that could get Iowa to the level that it's at now. HF was a lucky find and KF was recommended by HF because he knew he could keep the program on a winning level. He can drive me crazy with his choice of players he uses as will every OC or head coach will do. What I'm trying to say is I've been going to games since 1953 and have had season tickets since 1963. I've went to games to enjoy myself and the game experience. As long as I'm physically able to go I'll have my season tickets.

The Marketing Dept. couldn't even get the voucher promotion right. $70 per order? Buy 1 ticket...get a $70 voucher. Buy 4 tickets...get a $70 voucher.

Unbelievable.

Originally posted by CoachoftheFuture1:
I attended every home game in the 1973 season when Iowa went 0-11. I've had football season tickets for 30 years and basketball for 20. I'm in the top 20% in the ticket point system. I'm an Iowa alum. But like a few folks have said, there's nothing enjoyable about the Iowa football or men's basketball experience anymore. I will be among those season ticket holders who definitely will not be renewing for 2015. We could be in the worst era of Iowa football and basketball since those infamous days of the 70s, and I refuse to be a part of it any longer.

What?? A basketball program looking to hopefully go to back to back NCAA tournaments and a football team that is definitely underachieving, but consistently getting winning seasons. This is not even CLOSE to worst era of Iowa football and basketball?? Bob Commings era? Todd Licklieter era? Was you're post a joke?

Originally posted by theIowaHawk:

Originally posted by hawk44ever:
I posted earlier that I am not renewing my 4 season tickets. Ticket prices are the least expensive part of my renewal. This is the part I don't like- tell me if I am wrong:

4 tickets- $1,580
4 per seat "deposits"- $1,600
I Club donation- $ 500

Total- $3,680
Curious why you factor in your IClub donation?

The $1,600 goes towards you're I-Club donation, you don't need to pay another $500 on top of that.

Originally posted by 83Hawk:
The Marketing Dept. couldn't even get the voucher promotion right. $70 per order? Buy 1 ticket...get a $70 voucher. Buy 4 tickets...get a $70 voucher.

Unbelievable.

Totally agree with you. Absolutely should be for each ticket purchased. Ridiculous..

Originally posted by kakohawk:

Unbelievable.

Totally agree with you. Absolutely should be for each ticket purchased. Ridiculous..
i agree - kind of an odd set up.
that being said, its a little perk for re-upping on your tickets earlier than normal (by a couple months, i believe). so its not like this is a 'desperate times' kind of move. its a way to get money in hand a little sooner, and then they also find out how much effort to put into getting season ticket holders later in the spring/summer.

If Bob Commings' Iowa teams would have played the schedules KF's teams play, Commings would have had at least as good a record. And given the facilities and money Iowa has now compared to the the Commings era, you would think the results might be just a tad better. But if you're happy with a C-, D+ football program, good for you.

If Bob Commings' Iowa teams would have played the schedules KF's teams play, Commings would have had at least as good a record. And given the facilities and money Iowa has now compared to the the Commings era, you would think the results might be just a tad better. But if you're happy with a C-, D+ football program, good for you.
True that

I have tickets on the goal line and my I-Club contribution is now $100 per seat. I had been doing $100 for both. Did that recently go up? Did I miss something?

I have been thinking of dropping them because of B1G expansion and the fact that I miss early games now a lot. The only games you really would have a hard time getting tickets for ever are Wiscy,Meatchicken, OSU when the Hawks are good. You can get tickets for most games at no worse than cost even when the Hawks are good.

Its hard to give up because of long family tradition, but the money is stretching me a lot.

JR:

Not sure what you are talking about. See the link for details, or here:

Presuming you are actually "on the goal line" you are in: 130, 109, or 102. These are all $50/seat donation levels.

There is no $100 donation level/seat.

You could always move over a section (goal line-back of endzone) and save that $100.

Got our renewal last week. I was going to rip it up, but the wife's brother wants to buy them. Thinks he is going to make the trip from St Louis every home game.

Told me he would pay for the tickets and the donation and everything. There is one game he can't go to (North Texas) told me I have to use the tickets. (ill sell or give them away at work).

Sorry but my time in Kinnick has come and gone. Love the hawks, but games are too long and with two little ones at home, its hard to get away for the entire day. Trying to find babysitters and other things its getting difficult. I can watch the hawks at home with my kiddos and drink a cold one during the game.

Wish the rest of you the best of luck and hopefully the hawks can get on a roll next year. Hate seeing the hawks sucks, want to see that place like it was in 2002-2005. Those were some fun times! On Iowa and Go Hawks!

This will be my 40th consecutive year with season tickets. It's still the best place to be on a fall Saturday. Took my kids to games and now my grandson who is 5 goes to some games with me. His face lights up when he sees all those "big guys" on the field. If i am the problem for this "mediocre" product then tough shit. Only way you will get me away from there on a football Saturday is at gun point.
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/28 11:14 AM by Guidotheguide

God bless those that keep renewing, they must be saints and the most patient people on earth. No qualms about it, I couldn't do it. Groundhog day makes me crazy. Cubs and hawkeye fans are one in the same, loveable losers. Need to bring in new leadership to right the ship when it's not working! When butts aren't in the seats changes are forced to happen.

Had season tickets for the last 12 years, and have made the decision not to renew for 2015. I sent these as my reasons in the Athletic Dept survey I got a few months back. Guessing this is the same as everyone else...

- Non-conference schedule is God-awful every single year. In the past 10 years, I can only remember one or two (Arizona?ASU?) interesting match-ups. I get that big name programs don't have a big incentive to play Iowa (small state, no recruiting interest, etc) but that's why Barta gets paid the big bucks. Figure it out. If you're not going to schedule a team worth a damn, then you shouldn't expect me to pay full price.
- The program is completely stale, and with the players we're recruiting it's only going to get worse
- I know Iowa can't help the BT scheduling, but the most interesting game on the upcoming schedule is....Minnesota? Maryland?
- The University has made it very hard to attend and have fun. Unless you want to make a donation or shell or know someone whose yard you can park in, parking/tailgating is being pushed way too far from the stadium.
- One of the only guaranteed interesting matchups we have (Nebraska) is smack dab in the middle of a holiday weekend. Given out of town family commitments, I can't ever imagine me making it to this game.

I also have two kids and live 2 hrs away, which makes it more difficult. But if they had an exciting team, the gameday experience was like it was 10 years ago, and OSU, Michigan, etc were on the the schedule I'd make it work.

Originally posted by sultanofsuede:

Originally posted by kakohawk:

Unbelievable.

i agree - kind of an odd set up.
that being said, its a little perk for re-upping on your tickets earlier than normal (by a couple months, i believe). so its not like this is a 'desperate times' kind of move. its a way to get money in hand a little sooner, and then they also find out how much effort to put into getting season ticket holders later in the spring/summer.[/QUOTE]What is really going to piss people off is when the Athletic Department realizes they need further incentives during the summer to get butts in the seats, and they offer better incentives to those who waited to renew.

This is so true. Some here like to bring up the yearly wins while completely ignoring the fact that teams now play more games than before. The non-conference games now are just sad compared to what they were even in the 80s and early 90s. And we all know going to a bowl game now is means nothing like it did 20 years ago.

Sure did. Took the shredder about 8 seconds to take care of them. 6 seats open for those that think they are always sold out!:)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT