ADVERTISEMENT

anyone heard of the proud boys?

I had not heard of them until a few months ago, where they were mentioned on this site. I saw references to them in the news for the first time yesterday.

My news sources are typically Google News and Yahoo news because they connect to a wide variety of other news sources. Also Reuters and Reason.Com . Sometimes CNN.com or USA Today, but not often.

I guess if the Proud Boys were in the news, they never caught my interest. Now that I know about them, I see them as just another fringe hate group. It doesn't matter to me if they like Trump or Biden, hate is hate and should be condemned by everyone. Politicians should condemn hate, and not say things to encourage hate groups. Other than that, they have little control over which groups support them.

Are they real? A lot of thee groups don't actually exist, I'm told.
Yes. Proud Boys started as a kind of joke on Gavin McInnes's alt right podcast on Anthony Cumia (of Opie & Anthony fame/notoriety) after Cumia was fired from SiriusXM for his 500th racial tirade on twitter. I subscribed to that network at the time because they also had signed the Legion of Skanks (podcast which is apolitical offensive humor or unfunny attempts at humor at its worst).

The Proud Boys started off by pledging to do things like not masturbate more than once a month to increase their sex drive and inspire more procreation with people with whatever Western values they like. Then they started meeting each other I'm public and have been a fixture at most demonstrations since Trump was elected.

If you find antifa merch, someone is trying to rip you off.

I had not heard of them until a few months ago, where they were mentioned on this site. I saw references to them in the news for the first time yesterday.
That's because Fox News won't denounce the racist motives.

You don't see any of it, because you only visit biased news sources which intentionally hide it.
Come on out of the MAGA bubble and join the real world, bro.

That's because Fox News won't denounce the racist motives.

You don't see any of it, because you only visit biased news sources which intentionally hide it.
Come on out of the MAGA bubble and join the real world, bro.

You ignored my news sources just to take a shot. That's typical, and I don't care. I'm already in the real world, and I really wouldn't consider living in your world, but thanks for the offer.

Meet the Proud Boys, a group that says it speaks for a new minority: the disenfranchised young male

I will be honest, I really do not know much about the Proud Boys. I watched parts of the video. My takeaway is that they do not believe they are disenfranchised or necessarily a minority. My takeaway is that they believe in western cultural exceptionalism, male exceptionalism, self-control/discipline, and conservatism. I.e., be a self-supporting man worthy of a mate who supports the mate/family while exemplifying western ideals. Some good in there, but obviously if/when that crosses the line to being racist or suppressing women's rights obviously that is not okay. Also, their leader is obnoxious and his disdain for political correctness is nauseating. I am not trying to be an apologist for them so if others have a different take feel free to correct me or add.

I will be honest, I really do not know much about the Proud Boys. I watched parts of the video. My takeaway is that they do not believe they are disenfranchised or necessarily a minority. My takeaway is that they believe in western cultural exceptionalism, male exceptionalism, self-control/discipline, and conservatism. I.e., be a self-supporting man worthy of a mate who supports the mate/family while exemplifying western ideals. Some good in there, but obviously if/when that crosses the line to being racist or suppressing women's rights obviously that is not okay. Also, their leader is obnoxious and his disdain for political correctness is nauseating. I am not trying to be an apologist for them so if others have a different take feel free to correct me or add.
They believe in violence explicitly. It's part of their whole thing.

I don’t give a phuck what he says.

Dude....that's LITERALLY what the FBI says they are: an IDEA, not any form of ORGANIZATION.

It's random people who want to be "cool" for their granola friends. Minimal threat compared with actual organized white-supremacists.

Don't blame Biden for quoting the FBI's assessment. He's telling you the actual government's assessment.

Reactions: mjtommy
Dude....that's LITERALLY what the FBI says they are: an IDEA, not any form of ORGANIZATION.

It's random people who want to be "cool" for their granola friends. Minimal threat compared with actual organized white-supremacists.

Don't blame Biden for quoting the FBI's assessment. He's telling you the actual government's assessment.

But it can’t be, Fox News/Trump says they are a scary organization determined to destroy the suburbs. We have to all be scared.

But it can’t be, Fox News/Trump says they are a scary organization determined to destroy the suburbs. We have to all be scared.

Correct: Fox understands Antifa is the equivalent of the Blair Witch Project.

"I'm SO SCARED!!!"

His wife is a dude
I'm not shocked that dude is short. Comes out in his personality. His wife is taller than him

Gavin+McInnes+Emily+Jendrisak+Creative+Control+2QUBhCFh_Gol.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT