ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone here been to a Man United FB game?

I'm jealous. Never been to a Premier League game, let alone one at Old Trafford. I think the law in England is that they can serve alcohol but you can't drink it in the stands, so people just drink their alcohol in the concourse

Should have gone to see Manchester City if you wanted to see a top end team loaded with stars.

What should be my expectation? Do they serve alcohol at Old Trafford? :D

Yes, I went to Old Trafford and saw them play Everton back in 2013 during Sir Alex Furgeson’s swan song season. Giggs and Van Persie scored before half so it was a comfortable win without much drama. Overall, the experience was very similar to other big, highly successful English football clubs - I’ve been to Arsenal, Man City, and Liverpool home matches as well and they all have that big, corporate, glitzy feel to them. They’ve got some hardcore supporters for sure, but there are a lot of tag alongs there just for the spectacle (like me!). Going to a Fulham, Sunderland, or even Aston Villa is just completely different feel. That said, Old Trafford was enjoyable if for nothing more than the history and to see one of the truly great clubs. A piece of advice, pay the extra to be in the lower bowl...it’s worth it as the top bowl makes it look like you’re watching ants. And yes, you can get beer (but only in the concourse as stated above). I like to grab a beer and hit the in-stadium betting booths to place a few wagers with a meat pie in hand...it’s about as far off from an American stadium experience as you can get!

Last edited:
Reactions: jaxhawk06
Going to a Fulham, Sunderland, or even Aston Villa is just completely different feel. That said, Old Trafford was enjoyable if for nothing more than the history and to see one of the truly great clubs.

Craven Cottage is my bucket list experience in England. Like going in a time machine..
LocalFulhamFC-808x454.jpg

36f27daddfbb6b8ff3c7124bc7639d6c.jpg

And you can have a pint in the stadium pub, McBride's, named after a club legend. Some American kid from Illinois :D...

general-view-of-the-brian-mcbride-bar-at-craven-cottage-picture-id663707540

Reactions: Dorrman and Hawki97
Craven Cottage is my bucket list experience in England. Like going in a time machine..
LocalFulhamFC-808x454.jpg

36f27daddfbb6b8ff3c7124bc7639d6c.jpg

And you can have a pint in the stadium pub, McBride's, named after a club legend. Some American kid from Illinois :D...

general-view-of-the-brian-mcbride-bar-at-craven-cottage-picture-id663707540

It’s unlike any other stadium I’ve ever been to...it’s worth a spot on any soccer fan’s bucket list. I’m glad to have made it when Dempsey was there.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Caught ManU and Paris Saint-Germain when they played at Soldier Field a few summers ago.

Completely unrelated, but took in this AC Sparta Praha Hradec Kralov match last year in Prague. Had a blast. Drank a bunch of pilsner, ate a kielbasa, and sat next to a couple from Russia. Even got a "go Hawkeyes!" from some older Czech guy who saw my Iowa sweatshirt. I looked at him quizzically, and he said "wrestling. best in world."

18527754_10104866426414399_6360509591007729555_n.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT