ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone been to the carribean island Curacao? (Near Aruba)

HawkFan1298

HR MVP
Sep 7, 2021
Have you heard of the Carribean island Curacao? My old friend may buy a house there. It's 70 miles from Aruba north of Venezuela.

If be buys it, I'll be going in 2023.

Anyone been?

Last edited:
Reactions: Speedway1
I have. It’s been almost twenty years. My recollection was that it was one of the rougher islands in the Caribbean. Way less developed than Aruba or Isla De Margarita.

My grandson and his wife spent their honeymoon on the island 8 years ago . Both spent most of the days scuba diving which they both enjoy. They had no complaints. Now they say they want to return with the 2 kids 5 & 3 next year with his wifes family.

Reactions: HawkFan1298
It’s not Saint Martin. I’m pretty sure the majority language on Aruba and Curaçao is a Creole.
Aruba has its own language that's a mix of Spanish, English, Dutch and something else. Everyone speaks English though.

Was there for a day about 3 years ago while on a cruise. Seemed like a nice Island, but we only saw part of it. The citizens were nice and we were not hounded to buy something.

On the topic, has anyone ever taken the ferry from Curacao to Aruba or vise versa? I've actually thought about hitting both places on one trip.

The ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire & Curaçao)are all very nice. Aruba being the most developed followed by C then B. It’s my understanding the diving is best in Bonaire

My wife and I went there in 2013 during our honeymoon. Like others have said, it isn't as developed as some of the other islands. There isn't a whole lot there but the Dutch architecture in Willemstad is pretty cool to see and it's a beautiful island.

My wife and I went there in 2013 during our honeymoon. Like others have said, it isn't as developed as some of the other islands. There isn't a whole lot there but the Dutch architecture in Willemstad is pretty cool to see and it's a beautiful island.

Pic of wife?

We've been a few times on cruises. It's quite a bit bigger than Aruba in population, the downtown area is much bigger but way dirtier. The people seem less friendly than those in Aruba, but perhaps that's because everyone in Aruba is trying to sell something to the tourists. Bonaire is a scuba diving Mecca but doesn't have much to offer beyond that.

I went there in the early 70s. My parents took me on a cruise when I was in 2nd grade. I don't really remember much about it other than it was one of the stops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT