ADVERTISEMENT

AP Story on the 50+ Colorado players Cut after Spring Practice to make room for a flood of Transfers

1 person or 10, it should make no difference, and yes being recruited over while being told you will not be playing next year is the exact same. I'd say thanks for the insights, but you are a contributor to why this site is the absolute shit show that it is.
Yeah, how dare anyone have a different opinion than the constantly negative and whiny posters who are always clamoring for the backup QB and new OC.

Yeah, how dare anyone have a different opinion than the constantly negative and whiny posters who are always clamoring for the backup QB and new OC.
It has more to do with the contribution to the board, and continuing on topics that have nothing to do with Iowa. Why not discuss how Iowa just landed a new QB recruit today, or talk about potential transfer portal targets. It's about continuing to be a doucher while contributing nothing.

NIL and the transfer portal were going to have causalities.
With the freedom for the players to move at will came the coach’s ability to get rid of them at will.

Reactions: DewHawk
NIL and the transfer portal were going to have causalities.
With the freedom for the players to move at will came the coach’s ability to get rid of them at will.
I actually agree with this.

At the same time, I am skeptical that you can achieve long-term success when depending too heavily on the portal.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
It has more to do with the contribution to the board, and continuing on topics that have nothing to do with Iowa. Why not discuss how Iowa just landed a new QB recruit today, or talk about potential transfer portal targets. It's about continuing to be a doucher while contributing nothing.
Isn’t this board for people to post their opinions? Forgive if I’m wrong, but I thought that was the purpose of message boards. I’m only a douche to other douche’s, like yourself. I rarely ever start a thread and if I do it’s Hawkeye related. You must have me confused with someone else. What exactly do you contribute to this board?

Isn’t this board for people to post their opinions? Forgive if I’m wrong, but I thought that was the purpose of message boards. I’m only a douche to other douche’s, like yourself. I rarely ever start a thread and if I do it’s Hawkeye related. You must have me confused with someone else. What exactly do you contribute to this board?
Exactly what I just stated. You can click on my name and see what I contribute, unlike yourself who needs to hide even on this board.

He ran most of his lineman out the door and then complained mid-season about the lineman he brought in; I would think it would be tough to bring more beef in, especially with the number of skill guys decommitting.

I was skeptical from the get go about PRIME in Boulder and nothing yet has changed that belief.

Prime is playing the game to the extreme. Because of this, and the fact that he's a rather polarizing individual to begin with, a lot of people are going to despise him for it, especially when you get stories like this that focuses on what the players go through who are let go. Easy to criticize him, but only time will tell if he can be successful this way. He's not the first coach to lose a large portion of his roster in his first season (although usually it's a case of players wanting to leave on their own). Unfortunately for us who value developmental programs like Iowa, we are going to only see more and more of this, especially if Prime proves to be at least somewhat successful.

Prime is playing the game to the extreme. Because of this, and the fact that he's a rather polarizing individual to begin with, a lot of people are going to despise him for it, especially when you get stories like this that focuses on what the players go through who are let go. Easy to criticize him, but only time will tell if he can be successful this way. He's not the first coach to lose a large portion of his roster in his first season (although usually it's a case of players wanting to leave on their own). Unfortunately for us who value developmental programs like Iowa, we are going to only see more and more of this, especially if Prime proves to be at least somewhat successful.
He's playing people alright. That says it better than anything...and the media sucked it up big time.

I'd love to flex my Indiglo Timex on Sanders and his homies.

800px-Timex_Weekender_Indiglo.gif

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
A four year scholarship is just not worth the paper it is written on anymore. Iirc the rules have been that an athletic schollie is a year by year contract. What are the new rules now about when scholarships are renewed and once renewed they are good for that year. Can coaches just take those schollies away during the year for little reason?

Yeah, I couldnt believer Prime was on the Thursday Nite NFL pregame last nite. He doesnt seem to have the player's best interests in mind and he doesnt seem to be talking straight.

I guess the AD let Deion do as he pleased, which is pretty pathetic.

High school players have recently decommitted.

Stories like this are going to make high school prospects (and their parents) think twice before committing to Neon Sanders.

Not they are not, all P5 schools have a guarantee with their athletic scholarships. Unless this has changed recently.

I still would like to see an article stating that the 50 plus who were cut were promised that they would still be on a full ride scholarship if they stayed at Colorado

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
I still would like to see an article stating that the 50 plus who were cut were promised that they would still be on a full ride scholarship if they stayed at Colorado
I would like for you to show me the article that contradicts the power 5 scholarship regulations.

1 person or 10, it should make no difference, and yes being recruited over while being told you will not be playing next year is the exact same. I'd say thanks for the insights, but you are a contributor to why this site is the absolute shit show that it is.

No, it's not the exact same. Neon cut 50 players from the team; these 50 were no longer welcome in the football building.

Reactions: shudaddy
A four year scholarship is just not worth the paper it is written on anymore. Iirc the rules have been that an athletic schollie is a year by year contract. What are the new rules now about when scholarships are renewed and once renewed they are good for that year. Can coaches just take those schollies away during the year for little reason?

Yeah, I couldnt believer Prime was on the Thursday Nite NFL pregame last nite. He doesnt seem to have the player's best interests in mind and he doesnt seem to be talking straight.
Ol Deion was taking advantage of the first year coach rule. He won't be able to just run people off going forward. Quite a few conferences went with the four year deal several years ago...B1G included.

https://www.si.com/college/2014/12/01/big-12-power-5-conference-multi-year-scholarships

He ran most of his lineman out the door and then complained mid-season about the lineman he brought in; I would think it would be tough to bring more beef in, especially with the number of skill guys decommitting. I was skeptical from the get go about PRIME in Boulder and nothing yet has changed that belief.

excellent point.

it's kind of stupid to be so publicly brash about it when recruiting is about developing relationships with kids, parents, coaches, communities, high schools, etc. Just my opinion.

Bull shit. Labas was essentially recuited over when they brought in Hill. Labas is still welcome in the football building, even though he isn't seeing the field. The 50 players who Neon cut? They were no longer welcome in the football building.
The 50 players Neon cut decided to transfer out, but it says nothing about their scholarships being cut. Supply the article that states their scholarships were cut. I'll wait.

I’m not going to let creeps like you dox me because you don’t agree with my opinions. I run a business. Why don’t you go ahead and tell everyone your name. Unless you’re like 90% of the people on this board and would like to remain anonymous.
It has nothing to do with running a business you dolt. It has everything to do with letting people see your previous posts. The difference is I will stand by my statements while you will hide. I am not asking for your personal information...LOL

doing what’s “legal” doesn’t always mean it’s “right.” In my opinion, that’s the issue. I can see how others may disagree, and that’s ok. What seems like a bigger issue, to me, is this…

Sanders throws the OL under the bus without looking in the mirror or being able to make adequate coaching adjustments. He complains about all the sacks, and automatically blames the OL. But what about his or his son’s culpability?? By that I mean, the offense is often in 5 wide formations (no protection help), is pass heavy (defense can pin their ears back), and has a QB (his son) that favors making the hero play rather than throwing it away to live another day.

And again, all that is fine, and the OL certainly needs work - but to point the finger AND lack the ability to make impactful adjustments equally points the finger back at him, imo.

Pretty interesting thing going at Colorado. I think the way Sanders went about things was uncouth and could have been handled better, but if the resources to upgrade your roster are there, why not just go for it?
BECAUSE, its BS and any decent person can see that. Try to remember these kids we're recruited to come to the school AND to get their education there. Can you imagine any decent human being sitting in a kids living room and telling his parents, "we want your son with us, and we will look out for him"? As remarkable as Iowa's success in sending players to the NFL only about 5% of college players will ever get a shot in the league. I realize that Neon didn't recruit THOSE players, but this kind of callous disregard for the person will not fly with recruits from high school or the portal. I'll be shocked if he is successful at the D1 level with this kind of approach.

There is nothing about the scholarships taken away. I am assuming the academic scholarships still have to be honored.
And leave the kid with no option if he wants to continue to play. Thats the old between a rock and a hard place. You want to play? then get the F--- out of town. Yea, you're right thats a great position for the kid to be in.......

And leave the kid with no option if he wants to continue to play. Thats the old between a rock and a hard place. You want to play? then get the F--- out of town. Yea, you're right thats a great position for the kid to be in.......
I absolutely never said it wasn't a douchey move, but the point is their scholarship is still there. So it's pick your poison type, once they announce transfer their scholarship is gone.

Reactions: millah_22
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT