ADVERTISEMENT

AP Story on the 50+ Colorado players Cut after Spring Practice to make room for a flood of Transfers

The 50 players Neon cut decided to transfer out, but it says nothing about their scholarships being cut. Supply the article that states their scholarships were cut. I'll wait.
Those 50 players went there to play football & they were booted from the program. Even if school is still paid for, it's not remotely the same thing for these kids as being on the team & all the perks that come along with that(including NIL). Doing this after spring ball just f'd them over even worse.

I would never be ok with a new coach at Iowa coming in & booting out most of our existing players.....even if we did suck. Many are in-state kids who worked their a$$es off to earn an athletic scholly. You'll always have some leaving the team early (draft, transfers, bad grades, injury, burn out), so there will be openings for transfers to fill specific roster holes.

Those 50 players went there to play football & they were booted from the program. Even if school is still paid for, it's not remotely the same thing for these kids as being on the team & all the perks that come along with that(including NIL). Doing this after spring ball just f'd them over even worse.
that's the topic at hand. Like it or not what he did was within the rules and he thought it was the best way to win. Those kids get to choose their own adventure. Again it doesn't appear to be helping his recruitment, but we shall see what Colorado does in this year portal.

that's the topic at hand. Like it or not what he did was within the rules and he thought it was the best way to win. Those kids get to choose their own adventure. Again it doesn't appear to be helping his recruitment, but we shall see what Colorado does in this year portal.
I'l just say I hope he crashes and burns with this approach. I could also see other teams finding pleasure in taking the buffs to the woodshed when they have the chance. Not just the coach either. Any player who would go play for him with the knowledge of how he's running this program deserves what they get as well.....

The 50 players Neon cut decided to transfer out, but it says nothing about their scholarships being cut. Supply the article that states their scholarships were cut. I'll wait.

you made the claim that the 50 plus who got cut were told they would still be on a full ride scholarship if they remained at Colordo. I asked for an article, RELATED TO THESE 50 PLUS PLAYERS, discussing this. Since you can't find one, you pull this stunt.

I'l just say I hope he crashes and burns with this approach. I could also see other teams finding pleasure in taking the buffs to the woodshed when they have the chance. Not just the coach either. Any player who would go play for him with the knowledge of how he's running this program deserves what they get as well.....
Exactly. Why would any HS player or transfer with more than 1 year of eligibility left go play for the Neon Peon?! If you don't immediately pan out, he'll either boot your a$$ or demote you to water boy.

Reactions: Franisdaman
you made the claim that the 50 plus who got cut were told they would still be on a full ride scholarship if they remained at Colordo. I asked for an article, RELATED TO THESE 50 PLUS PLAYERS, discussing this. Since you can't find one, you pull this stunt.
They have to be you ****ing dolt. Power 5 conferences guarantees them. It is that simple

It has nothing to do with running a business you dolt. It has everything to do with letting people see your previous posts. The difference is I will stand by my statements while you will hide. I am not asking for your personal information...LOL
Lol right back at you moron. I can honestly say I’ve never looked at anyone’s profile and didn’t even know people can’t see my previous posts. Would you like me to change that so you can stalk me? Creeper!
You sure are contributing a lot of substance today you dunce.

"Choose their own adventure"........you should be Deion's PR rep!

Lol right back at you moron. I can honestly say I’ve never looked at anyone’s profile and didn’t even know people can’t see my previous posts. Would you like me to change that so you can stalk me?
Na, I’m not a coward, people can look at what I’ve posted. I can be called out for it.

so, the 50 plus who were cut were not told they would still be on a full ride scholarship and @squeezebox is lying to us?
OMG. They have the opportunity to stay but most won't. OF COURSE they were told they'd be on scholarship. Any compliance department worth a damn would have made Sub Prime well aware of the rules.

https://informedathlete.com/tag/ncaa-di-coaching-change-impact-on-scholarship-athlete/

The image of you that pops into my head when I see your "articles" and resurrecting your own old posts.

images

Last edited:
He ran most of his lineman out the door and then complained mid-season about the lineman he brought in; I would think it would be tough to bring more beef in, especially with the number of skill guys decommitting.

I was skeptical from the get go about PRIME in Boulder and nothing yet has changed that belief.

I've REALLY enjoyed watching the year 1 failure be "Coach Prime". The first 4 weeks he was all puffed up talking sh*t to everyone that would listen about how "y'all doubted ME!". "WE COMIN". "We keeping receipts".

Now with the losing, he's flipped to "what did you expect?". "I inherited this garbage".

He's going to need a bigger bus for next year... To throw all the people under it, when he fails.

Anyone commiting to that guy knows what they are signing up for now. Unlike the guys that were already at Colorado and kicked to the curb by PRIME.

Screw that guy. Hopefully the Big 12 keeps kicks his a$$ next year. I'll even cheer for ISU against that DB.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Nice comeback douche canoe! You seem to be arguing with everyone in this thread, is your wife tired of your micro peen so you haven’t got laid lately?
I bet that business of yours is incredibly successful..LMFAO. I am glad to know that you are infatuated with my dick though. Don't worry I'm sure your old lady could tell you all about my unit.

Several years ago when I was in the Navy, the Navy and USMC sponsored a one week camp for at-risk kids to come stay at our base and live in the barracks with a bunch of fun activities planned throughout the week. The big highlight for the kids and those of us who volunteered was a big luncheon at the end of the week with Deion hanging out with us all day before the kids left that night. We all attended the luncheon and waited for Deion to come out. And waited...and waited. He never showed up. We ended up taking them to one of the fighter squadrons to give then an up close view of the jets instead. But there were still kids sobbing as they got on the busses to head back home because of how excited they were to meet him.

I have no idea if it's true or not, but the rumor was that while in town the night before, he met the owner of some local establishment and spent the next day filming a commercial for the business before flying out of town. We were never given an explanation though, so I can't say with certainty that that is what actually happened. Either way, I have despised Deion Danders ever since that day.

He isn’t going to read that

Well, they all got cut after spring ball, so options are limited. I am just looking for an article that says the 50 plus who got cut were told they would still be on a full ride scholarship if they remained at Colordo. Would they continue to get free training, free food, etc?

The article you and Squeezebox posted discusses things in general, and not in relation to Colorado.

The article you linked also says "the athlete may, however, be given the right to stay at the school on scholarship until the athlete graduates with their degree."

May be given the right? Doesn't sound like a lot of guarantees.

• Haha
Reactions: doughuddl2
Well, they all got cut after spring ball, so options are limited. I am just looking for an article that says the 50 plus who got cut were told they would still be on a full ride scholarship if they remained at Colordo. Would they continue to get free training, free food, etc?

The article you posted discusses things in general, and not in relation to Colorado.

The article you linked also says "the athlete may, however, be given the right to stay at the school on scholarship until the athlete graduates with their degree."

Doubling down!!!

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I've REALLY enjoyed watching the year 1 failure be "Coach Prime". The first 4 weeks he was all puffed up talking sh*t to everyone that would listen about how "y'all doubted ME!". "WE COMIN". "We keeping receipts".

Now with the losing, he's flipped to "what did you expect?". "I inherited this garbage".

He's going to need a bigger bus for next year... To throw all the people under it, when he fails.

Anyone commiting to that guy knows what they are signing up for now. Unlike the guys that were already at Colorado and kicked to the curb by PRIME.

Screw that guy. Hopefully the Big 12 keeps kicks his a$$ next year. I'll even cheer for ISU against that DB.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Young people are much smarter than people give them credit for; I think it's clear to these guys leaving that he's a snake oil salesman.

I didn't like when KF talked poorly of Deuce, I don't recall him doing that any time prior; I think it'll be a common thing in Boulder under Sanders.

Edit: And I'm always skeptical about people who lead with JESUS and then that half crooked smile---"The Lord chooses the good ones, and the bad ones use the Lord."

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83

The article you and Squeezebox posted discusses things in general, and not in relation to Colorado.

OMG, WE ARE ALL LAUGHING

Turns out, Colorado is also benefitting from an NCAA rule for first-year head coaches. The rule is called “Aid After Departure of Head Coach,” which allows a school to cut a player. But there is a kicker. If that player decides he still wants to attend the college, but not play football, the school still has to pay for their scholarship.

I bet that business of yours is incredibly successful..LMFAO. I am glad to know that you are infatuated with my dick though. Don't worry I'm sure your old lady could tell you all about my unit.
Very successful. You’re the one obsessed with me and my previous posts. I don’t need to ask anyone about your tiny dick, you make it very obvious. You can always ask your mom about my package. She gets it thrice a week and has never complained.

Very successful. You’re the one obsessed with me and my previous posts. I don’t need to ask anyone about your tiny dick, you make it very obvious. You can always ask your mom about my package. She gets it thrice a week and has never complained.
I am pretty sure she wouldn't complain because she's been dead for quite some time, so that's weird.

Last time. The rule states they can stay on scholarship but are no longer on the team. All the perks of being on the team, obviously goes away.

OMG, WE ARE ALL LAUGHING

Turns out, Colorado is also benefitting from an NCAA rule for first-year head coaches. The rule is called “Aid After Departure of Head Coach,” which allows a school to cut a player. But there is a kicker. If that player decides he still wants to attend the college, but not play football, the school still has to pay for their scholarship.

thanks, douche canoe.

BECAUSE, its BS and any decent person can see that. Try to remember these kids we're recruited to come to the school AND to get their education there. Can you imagine any decent human being sitting in a kids living room and telling his parents, "we want your son with us, and we will look out for him"? As remarkable as Iowa's success in sending players to the NFL only about 5% of college players will ever get a shot in the league. I realize that Neon didn't recruit THOSE players, but this kind of callous disregard for the person will not fly with recruits from high school or the portal. I'll be shocked if he is successful at the D1 level with this kind of approach.
That's why I said it's interesting and not that I agree with it. Kind of an experiment of what happens when you take the portal too far.

You are the one making the claim and can't back it up.

Again, all I am looking for from you is an article related to the Colorado situation that says the 50 plus who got cut were told they would still be on a full ride scholarship if they remained at Colordo and that they would continue to get free training, free food, etc. You can't come up with one. No wonder people are calling you a douche canoe & worse.
Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

"Turns out, Colorado is also benefitting from an NCAA rule for first-year head coaches. The rule is called “Aid After Departure of Head Coach,” which allows a school to cut a player. But there is a kicker. If that player decides he still wants to attend the college, but not play football, the school still has to pay for their scholarship."

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

"Turns out, Colorado is also benefitting from an NCAA rule for first-year head coaches. The rule is called “Aid After Departure of Head Coach,” which allows a school to cut a player. But there is a kicker. If that player decides he still wants to attend the college, but not play football, the school still has to pay for their scholarship."

you already posted this, douche canoe.

did you forget?

you already posted this, douche canoe.

did you forget?

Last time. The rule states they can stay on scholarship but are no longer on the team. All the perks of being on the team, obviously goes away.
Here's your damn article you too freaking lazy to look up yourself, Scoop.
thanks, douche canoe.
https://www.outkick.com/deion-sande...-from-ncaa-rule-allowing-them-to-cut-players/

You asked him for a link, of which you were too damned lazy to do yourself. Good job, Scoop!

Last edited:
It wasn't a very nice way of handling it but he didn't BS anyone either. He will either have success treating people this way or he won't. If he does, people will call him a genius and then you'll have a dozen other coaches copying him. Since he hasn't pretended to be anything other than what he is I don't have any real issues with him personally. I doubt I would ever play for him (if I had that kind of talent, which I obviously don't) but if others do, that's their choice.

It wasn't a very nice way of handling it but he didn't BS anyone either. He will either have success treating people this way or he won't. If he does, people will call him a genius and then you'll have a dozen other coaches copying him. Since he hasn't pretended to be anything other than what he is I don't have any real issues with him personally. I doubt I would ever play for him (if I had that kind of talent, which I obviously don't) but if others do, that's their choice.
Sure but as has been pointed out when the Buffs started out 3-0 he went around throwing it in everybody's face, as they qouted" all you doubters, we keeping receipts", whatever in the hell THAT even means. Funny since the whole thing crashed and burned once they started playing actual teams, now he's singing a different tune. Lets be honest anyway. Neon is about one thing only, and thats Neon. Second would be his 2 kids on the team, and everybody else is a VERY distant third......

Sure but as has been pointed out when the Buffs started out 3-0 he went around throwing it in everybody's face, as they qouted" all you doubters, we keeping receipts", whatever in the hell THAT even means. Funny since the whole thing crashed and burned once they started playing actual teams, now he's singing a different tune. Lets be honest anyway. Neon is about one thing only, and thats Neon. Second would be his 2 kids on the team, and everybody else is a VERY distant third......
Yeah, he's always been that way. Players should have known that going in.

i forgot what they were paying him. he's in year one of a five-year, $29.5 million contract

OMG, WE ARE ALL LAUGHING

When I first heard of “Neons” hire, his approach to the players in place and his decision to kick them all to the curb I had one wish for the Colorado program going forward. “A Scott Frost Nebraska Replica” in Boulder. Not that Frost approached it in the same way but that his attitude going in was on essentially the same level as Neon’s. I had a certain satisfaction on how the season went for the 🦬’s. May they have many more.

Last edited:
Reactions: shudaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT