ADVERTISEMENT

Apparently the HMB went through the wrong gate...

BlackNGoldBleeder

HR Legend
Jun 23, 2017
According to Pollard. Hence the problem.

For those who don't want to read the linked article, Pollard basically said it was unfortunate but it's happened to the ISU band too, can't find any evidence, the band went through the wrong gate so that was a recipe for disaster, the series is too important to cancel.

Yes, I know, none of us needed any confirmation that Pollard is a douche. God, I would love to end this series just to give him the middle finger.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...yclones-hawkeyes-press-conference/2427484001/

Why would you want the series to end? My guess is there are numerous contracts involved with the CY Hawk series with money going to both schools. I would guess if Iowa pulls out of football everything else would go as well.

I was tailgating that day and there were numerous Iowa and ISU folks tailgating. Everyone got along well. I saw one incident with one very very drunk Iowa fan who was actually causing trouble within his group. He ended up getting arrested for public intox.

There was a very very drunk ISU fan who cut in line at the cybos and everyone just kind of blew him off.

Not sure why the rush to end the game. The visiting bands probably just need to stay home and problem solved.

If there was in fact an ISU employee that told the band to get the F off the field, and they ended up going out of the gate immediately after, doesn't that sort of change Pollard's narrative? Oh, and also there were FOUR POLICE OFFICERS (hyperventilate now!) with the band, so they presumably lead the band out of the wrong gate as well.

I don't think its too important to cancel.

Agreed. My stance has always been to play the game, it's good for the state and it's a good non-con test, especially in the years when the game is in Ames as KF gets to take the team on the road in a hostile environment without changing time zones, and also a game many Iowa fans can go to. But wow, working with ISU looks like a whole bunch of fun (not). Iowa needs to consider all options, including the buyout to get out of the contract.

Why would you want the series to end? My guess is there are numerous contracts involved with the CY Hawk series with money going to both schools. I would guess if Iowa pulls out of football everything else would go as well.

I was tailgating that day and there were numerous Iowa and ISU folks tailgating. Everyone got along well. I saw one incident with one very very drunk Iowa fan who was actually causing trouble within his group. He ended up getting arrested for public intox.

There was a very very drunk ISU fan who cut in line at the cybos and everyone just kind of blew him off.

Not sure why the rush to end the game. The visiting bands probably just need to stay home and problem solved.

Mainly to be able to schedule a better P5 opponent, honestly.

Listening to Pollard's douche a** on Murph and Andy last week, his response was more or less "it happened to our guys too, so I'm just going to sweep this under the rug unless a video comes out." This guy is just a freaking whiny clown

Yeah that part is laughable. He sounds very childish when he says that kind of stuff. Either it didn't happen or he didn't respond properly to the complaints. My guess is it's the former. If the ISU bus was damaged, if a band member suffered broken bones, etc., we would have heard about it.

Because it does nothing positive for Iowa. In fact, beating Iowa State by 30 + points a few years back actually dropped Iowa a couple spots in the polls.

Win, and it induces a yawn. Lose, and you're the laughingstock of college football. What is good for Iowa in that?

Ill give you a logical answer from my point of view. To get 7 home games each year Iowa can only schedule one home-home team. That spot is currently taken by Iowa State. I would like to watch Iowa play another team.

So, you have had P5 schools beating down your door to play? Why not schedule another P5 school you have 2 dates available.

The way it is now you have a guaranteed sellout every other year.

Because it does nothing positive for Iowa. In fact, beating Iowa State by 30 + points a few years back actually dropped Iowa a couple spots in the polls.

Win, and it induces a yawn. Lose, and you're the laughingstock of college football. What is good for Iowa in that?

A few years back? You actually sound like a Nebraska fan.

I think you are living in the past and not the current. We could say the same thing about basketball.

The laughingstock seems like something that SOME Iowa fans have come up with in their own minds.

The sellout every other year to me is important.

So, you have had P5 schools beating down your door to play? Why not schedule another P5 school you have 2 dates available.

Then schedule another P5

MOST schools schedule 1 P5 school in the early season, don't act like you don't know that.
If you are implying Iowa needs ISU for a sell out, I don't know what to tell you.

MOST schools schedule 1 P5 school in the early season, don't act like you don't know that.
If you are implying Iowa needs ISU for a sell out, I don't know what to tell you.

How many seats have you removed for your scoreboard expansion? You are selling out Rutgers, Miami of Ohio and MTT?

From what I can see you are having the same challenges with today's youth not following the college game like they used to. Additionally, cost of tickets etc going up limits who can go.

Victim blaming is probably the worst PR strategy imaginable in today's climate.

I am not sure I would throw rocks on the PR. Your AD has handled this poorly along with a number of other situations. From reading this board a majority of you would like to see the AD gone.

According to Pollard. Hence the problem.

For those who don't want to read the linked article, Pollard basically said it was unfortunate but it's happened to the ISU band too, can't find any evidence, the band went through the wrong gate so that was a recipe for disaster, the series is too important to cancel.

Yes, I know, none of us needed any confirmation that Pollard is a douche. God, I would love to end this series just to give him the middle finger.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...yclones-hawkeyes-press-conference/2427484001/
Never been to ISU and don't plan on going but doesn't both bands leaving stadium by the "wrong gate" seem to imply really bad communication from ISU staff if even their own band had same error? Was the exits marked for band use only? Did someone make a decision to change people flow and not communicate to appropriate organizations as in reorganizing and remarking a parking lot but forgetting to tell the public? Obviously someone needs to go to a fool proofing class if the mistake was made twice by 2 separate organizations. For an engineering school seems pretty duh.

How many seats have you removed for your scoreboard expansion? You are selling out Rutgers, Miami of Ohio and MTT?

From what I can see you are having the same challenges with today's youth not following the college game like they used to. Additionally, cost of tickets etc going up limits who can go.

Miami of OH sold out.

3 games in Kinnick besides the ISU game sold out last season. Kinnick was at 98.3% capacity last season. Take out the ISU game last year, Kinnick was 98.0% full last year for the 6 other home games.

I dont think Iowa is the school in this series that needs to be concerned about the guaranteed sellout every other season.

Miami of OH sold out.

3 games in Kinnick besides the ISU game sold out last season. Kinnick was at 98.3% capacity last season. Take out the ISU game last year, Kinnick was 98.0% full last year for the 6 other home games.

I dont think Iowa is the school in this series that needs to be concerned about the guaranteed sellout every other season.

And how many seats were removed?

Never been to ISU and don't plan on going but doesn't both bands leaving stadium by the "wrong gate" seem to imply really bad communication from ISU staff if even their own band had same error? Was the exits marked for band use only? Did someone make a decision to change people flow and not communicate to appropriate organizations as in reorganizing and remarking a parking lot but forgetting to tell the public? Obviously someone needs to go to a fool proofing class if the mistake was made twice by 2 separate organizations. For an engineering school seems pretty duh.

isu band went out the correct and thinly populated gate
iowa went out the wrong one even though security clearly told them to go out the gate that isu band went out; they ignored orders
there is a video of it that pollard wont release because it makes iowa band leadership look so incompetent

iowa leadership doesnt have the guts to cancel the iowa st series
why dont yall stop donating until they do

That was some serious "dodging'. Pollard is a Grade A asshole.

Plenty of P5 schools would likely be interested in a series with the Hawks because it would draw more national interest than the regional interest you have now with ISU.

And bestly, it gives the middle finger to the Clones.

isu band went out the correct and thinly populated gate
iowa went out the wrong one even though security clearly told them to go out the gate that isu band went out; they ignored orders
there is a video of it that pollard wont release because it makes iowa band leadership look so incompetent

iowa leadership doesnt have the guts to cancel the iowa st series
why dont yall stop donating until they do
Who led Iowa out the wrong gate? YOUR security people!

Reactions: EpenesaEpenesa
A few years back? You actually sound like a Nebraska fan.

I think you are living in the past and not the current. We could say the same thing about basketball.

The laughingstock seems like something that SOME Iowa fans have come up with in their own minds.

The sellout every other year to me is important.

It was 2016.

And no, I don't expect you to get it.

You could say the same thing about basketball, but you'd be wrong, since Iowa State's brief flirtation with national prominence in basketball ended with Hoiberg. Iowa State basketball under Prohm has been pretty meh.

Oh, and Iowa leads the all-time series in basketball 42-27, so you can end that silliness right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT