ADVERTISEMENT

AR-15's and other semi automatic rifles will be allowed for deer hunting in Iowa.

It's specifically for a population control season. I don't believe thr standard .223 caliber bullet will be able to be used, I believe we will still need to follow the caliber rules we have today.

Last edited:
So, we're going to allow people to use weapons that aren't very good for that purpose purely to give them a reason for owning them?

Nice. 30 years ago hunters would have laughed at someone using an AR for deer hunting.
Why do you feel they would have laughed? There is a small population that would have laughed,but, I don't think it is for the reason you do.

I just met a guy here that is a unit owner. From Buffalo. Retarded rich but a really cool guy.

the Santa they hired said he wanted $60 more to be here 30 minutes more. This dude walks up to Santa in his Buffalo accent. Takes out a wad of $100s and tells Santa to shut the fuk up and be Santa. Gives him $200

one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen

Pew pew pew is the docuhiest thing people say on this board.

That reminds me of a very dbag post by ihhawk. It is almost glorious how terrible it is.

I consider it important internet history.

Oh he's OP in the thread as well. Some observations as a scholar of internet history:

*Starts thread by misunderstanding concept of irony. I always hate that because then I wonder if I'm losing it and I'm actually the one who forgot how irony works. Doesn't appear to be an intentional misunderstanding (or troll job if you will)

*We need to pin a tutorial thread on posting phone pics. Separate one for finding direct links to online images.

*LuteHawk, as always, most informative and kindest thread participant

*We need to make an award for QCHawks if he doesn't win one of the existing categories

Reactions: win4jj and Moral
WTF? Why? So freaking stupid

Sportsmen have migrated to bowhunting to even the score. Now the dinosaur congress and Kimmee make sure hunters have weapons capable of totally destroying the prey carcass. Why not? Those deer can get ferocious.

Reactions: bdg8
Pew pew pew is the docuhiest thing people say on this board.
In your opinion.

It's more of a ridicule of the Radical Right and their ignorance and refusal to improve gun laws by reforming outdated regulations(or lack of regulations).

The "if we don't talk about it, people will eventually forget" mantra for conservatives under the thumbnail of the NRA.

Pew. pew pew!

In your opinion.

It's more of a ridicule of the Radical Right and their ignorance and refusal to improve gun laws by reforming outdated regulations(or lack of regulations).

The "if we don't talk about it, people will eventually forget" mantra for conservatives under the thumbnail of the NRA.

Pew. pew pew!
You can make it about whatever fits your agenda, but it doesn't change the fact that phew phew is overused and douchey.

Using an AR for deer hunting is completely unnecessary, and increases the chance for accidents.
I can’t imagine anything more dangerous than throwing slugs around. Inaccurate and leads to dangerous situations like leaving guns loaded and shooting from vehicles.

Driving hwy 12 in NW Iowa today. Overpopulated with deer. I see no problem with using a rifle in January to clear the herd.

It’s taking something that is already legal in Iowa, and just expanding the counties this anterless season to 15 counties.

The use of AR15 in this reporting is used to get an emotional reaction out of people.

Hunting with an AR15 is already legal in Iowa and 37 other states.

Several hunters work at my company and I've not heard one mention of them excited to use an AR to kill deer.

I think in a time we want to make it harder for certain people to have an AR this new regulation is tone deaf.

Oh he's OP in the thread as well. Some observations as a scholar of internet history:

*Starts thread by misunderstanding concept of irony. I always hate that because then I wonder if I'm losing it and I'm actually the one who forgot how irony works. Doesn't appear to be an intentional misunderstanding (or troll job if you will)

*We need to pin a tutorial thread on posting phone pics. Separate one for finding direct links to online images.

*LuteHawk, as always, most informative and kindest thread participant

*We need to make an award for QCHawks if he doesn't win one of the existing categories
Still don’t know how to post pictures from my phone.

I still dislike the Santa guy. Total loser. Trying to cut out early and then wanting more money.

I’m pretty sure he posts on here

I actually saw this defense argument pretty quickly after the TX shooting. They daid it was, "Easier for them to handle and less recoil". In my opinion Little Johnny can stay home until he's big enough to handle a normal hunting rifle.
Have you ever seen the AR-15 people use for hunting?

It doesn’t look like a M16

Reactions: Gimmered
What caliber(s) would be allowed? And an AR is just a rifle, not much difference between any semi auto rifles really.
It's just the optics that people like Drunkard Reynolds are utilizing to try and "stick it" to those Mericans concerned about gun reform.

Entities like gun manufacturers and the NRA love mass shootings because it causes rednecks to run out and buy more guns. Any discussion of any weapon is good for business. The "Dems are coming for your guns" theme.

Last edited:
raw

Well in that case.......

Little Johnny can still sit the F home until he's big enough to actually go hunting.
I know it is easier for the under 16 kids to use the AR for shooting. I think you can legally hunt in Iowa at 12 after you take the safety course

I mostly see older people using it because of the weight.

I know it is easier for the under 16 kids to use the AR for shooting. I think you can legally hunt in Iowa at 12 after you take the safety course

I mostly see older people using it because of the weight.

You should probably try to convince someone else.

Reactions: franklinman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT