ADVERTISEMENT

Are ISU fan's still bragging about their viewership numbers?

For the record, ISU has played (4) P5 Non-Conference games not named Iowa since 1989. Wisconsin twice, Minnesota once and Florida State in the Eddie Robinson Classic. Wow ISU!!! Wow!!! Iowa has had 23 since 1989 not named ISU. Opponents including: (N.C. State, Miami (FL), Oregon, Colorado, Pitt, Arizona, Arizona State, Nebraska (Before B1G), Penn State (Before B1G), Syracuse and Kansas State)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
For the record, ISU has played (4) P5 Non-Conference games not named Iowa since 1989. Wisconsin twice, Minnesota once and Florida State in the Eddie Robinson Classic. Wow ISU!!! Wow!!! Iowa has had 23 since 1989 not named ISU. Opponents including: (N.C. State, Miami (FL), Oregon, Colorado, Pitt, Arizona, Arizona State, Nebraska (Before B1G), Penn State (Before B1G), Syracuse and Kansas State)
Check that again. I counted six games since 1989 not counting Iowa. Minnesota three times, Wisconsin twice and Florida State once. There were also three games against teams that are now in Power Five conferences. TCU twice during the regular season and a top ten Utah team once. That Utah game still gives me nightmares.

How about since 1998? 24 years ago?

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I looked it up yesterday but I believe that number would be one (FSU). Maybe two but I think it's only one
It's only one, FSU. And the ISU athletic department did not schedule that game three years or more in advance. As Lone Clone noted, they were invited to play in the Eddie Robinson Classic.

Off the top of my head since 1998 Iowa played P5 foes Nebraska (then Big 12) twice, Pitt twice, Arizona and Arizona State (maybe one of them twice). Probably more.

More recently with the 9-game league schedule and being forced to play ISU every year it's hard to schedule other P5 teams in the regular season.

It's only one, FSU. And the ISU athletic department did not schedule that game three years or more in advance. As Lone Clone noted, they were invited to play in the Eddie Robinson Classic.

Off the top of my head since 1998 Iowa played P5 foes Nebraska (then Big 12) twice, Pitt twice, Arizona and Arizona State (maybe one of them twice). Probably more.

More recently with the 9-game league schedule and being forced to play ISU every year it's hard to schedule other P5 teams in the regular season.
When they did have a 4 game non conference schedule. here are the teams they decided to do home/away 2 game series games with instead of scheduling a P5 schools in last 20 years. NIU, Army, Toledo, UNLV, Kent St, UConn, Tulsa, Toledo & Akron.

Iowa in same time frame played at Miami OH in 02' but had home games vs them in 01' & 03' and 2 games vs NIU at Soldier Field in 07' and 12'.

Since 1998, Iowa has played Kansas State in the Kickoff Classic and Syracuse twice, along with the ones you just named off.

I can't believe that this is even a talking point for some people. When you have a 9 game conference schedule with a set P5 nonconference rivalry game, you're not going to schedule another P5. Iowa doesn't do it, but ISU should? I mean, isn't 10 P5's enough? Most of the games you listed there happened when iowa played 8 conference games. Now, if Cy-Hawk goes away, I'm all for scheduling another P5. And you won't see me arguing to keep that game on the schedule.

Back when the B12 first started and they only had 8 conference games, ISU could have scheduled tougher. But they were not very good to say the least and needed every W to make a bowl. Why would they add another P5 opponent? To prove something to rival fans? That's just stupid.

I can't believe that this is even a talking point for some people. When you have a 9 game conference schedule with a set P5 nonconference rivalry game, you're not going to schedule another P5. Iowa doesn't do it, but ISU should? I mean, isn't 10 P5's enough? Most of the games you listed there happened when iowa played 8 conference games. Now, if Cy-Hawk goes away, I'm all for scheduling another P5. And you won't see me arguing to keep that game on the schedule.

Back when the B12 first started and they only had 8 conference games, ISU could have scheduled tougher. But they were not very good to say the least and needed every W to make a bowl. Why would they add another P5 opponent? To prove something to rival fans? That's just stupid.
Perhaps they should refrain from attempting to run schedule smack.

Leave it to a clone to use a reference so old that it was already dismissed by the guy who created it.

Not to mention that when it was coined, his clones were coming off a 2-10 train wreck of a season on their way to a magnificent 3-9 campaign. Glass houses much?

If you want a real fake ID, look at ISU's pre-season ranking last fall. Now there..was an embarrassing fall and an embarrassing Fall.

But, but, but...Clown U became the best versions of themselves!!!

14 games

1998 Arizona
1999 Nebraska
2000 Nebraska, KSU
2003 ASU
2004 ASU
2006 Syracuse
2007 Syracuse
2008 Pitt
2009 Arizona
2010 Arizona
2011 Pitt
2014 Pitt
2015 Pitt

When they did have a 4 game non conference schedule. here are the teams they decided to do home/away 2 game series games with instead of scheduling a P5 schools in last 20 years. NIU, Army, Toledo, UNLV, Kent St, UConn, Tulsa, Toledo & Akron.

Iowa in same time frame played at Miami OH in 02' but had home games vs them in 01' & 03' and 2 games vs NIU at Soldier Field in 07' and 12'.
Nope none of this counts because clown fans say so.

Why is it SOS only counts when clown fans say so?

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Not since September 13th, 2014. That's also the date of their last win in football against Iowa anywhere, unless you count the forfeit in 2020.

😉
Wait this means a huge chunk of clown fans on cryclown fanatic have never seen isu beat Iowa. Or maybe it is just how that fan base behaves. Only at isu is a Marching Band leaving from the wrong entrance justification for being assaulted.

If crybaby Jaime and clown fans declare it then it must be true.

Last edited:
Wait this means a huge chunk of clown fans on cryclown fanatic have never seen isu beat Iowa. Or maybe it is just how that fan base behaves. Only at isu is a Marching Band leaving from the wrong entrance justification for being assaulted.

If crybaby Jaime and clown fans declare it then it must be true.
7 years - that's 2 whole classes, at 5 years per class plus a pandemic year. And next year it'll be 3.

Reactions: Ree4
7 years - that's 2 whole classes, at 5 years per class plus a pandemic year. And next year it'll be 3.
Nothing quite screams isu being “the bear” than those data points. Then again clown fans are really proficient at telling us what does and doesn’t count.

Last edited:
So Iowa does trash isu when it comes to viewership and 2020 was the anomaly Hawk fans said it was.

Another clown myth busted. Not worries though clown fans will continue to cling to it though. Just how clown fans roll. They have never been a group to let actual data get in the way of their delusions.
Didn't the 2020 data not include the Michigan game or something? I'm still not convinced ISU beat us in viewership in 2020.

TEAM

Iowa​

Row LabelsCount of GAMEAverage of VIEWERS
ABC34,597,667
Kentucky-Iowa​
Iowa-Iowa State​
Purdue-Iowa​
FOX29,281,000
Michigan-Iowa​
Penn State-Iowa​
ESPN11,828,000
Iowa-Wisconsin​
FS13857,000
Iowa-Maryland​
Illinois-Iowa​
Colorado State-Iowa​
BTN5857,700
Iowa-Nebraksa​
Minnesota-Iowa​
Indiana-Iowa​
Iowa-Northwestern​
Kent State-Iowa_or_Delaware-Rutgers​
Grand Total142,931,607

TEAM

Iowa State

Count of GAMEAverage of VIEWERS
ABC13,890,000
Iowa-Iowa State​
FOX32,591,333
Iowa State-Oklahoma​
Oklahoma State-Iowa State​
Iowa State-Baylor​
ESPN14,902,000
Clemson-Iowa State​
ESPN22642,000
Iowa State-Texas Tech​
Iowa State-Kansas State​
FS13562,333
Texas-Iowa State​
TCU-Iowa State​
Kansas-Iowa State​
Grand Total101,953,700
I'm going to guess that the three ISU games on ESPN + probably got about 750k total and that is being real generous. So that would bring ISU's average down to 1,560,538 or about 1/2 of what Iowa games drew.

Just wanted to make sure everyone had their pivot tables ready and formulas checked.

Don't forget to catch the ISU game on... [checks notes] .... ESPN The Ocho.
ESPN + ladies and gentlemen. And the game is not sold out and neither is any of their other games as of yet.

I've heard that ESPN+ uses volunteers from local high school AV clubs to produce the broadcast. Sort of like giving back to the communities while keeping production costs below $1,000.

Any truth to that? Kid's around Ames have been gaining some valuable experience the last few years, with two opportunities on the books already this year!

All about the tens of hundreds of dollars generated by 3rd tier media rights. Way better than a contract that has ‘billions’ in it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT