ADVERTISEMENT

Are people like Hannity and Maddow good or bad for America?

Are people like Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow good or bad for America?

• Overall they are bad.

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Overall they are good.

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

FAUlty Gator

HR Legend
Oct 27, 2017
Obviously, they are both propagandists. But, the Romans built the Coliseum to keep the riff raff entertained by pitting men against Lions and each other. So, you need to consider their "entertainment value" as well. Something else would surely fill their void if they went away.

You really think Hannity and Maddow are comparable?

Not totally but very close. Hannity has guests on from across the aisle, I would guess. Maddow just brings on Chris Hayes and David Corn clones and teaches them to nod their heads at her leading questions. I'm sure Hannity does the same. Never watched his show though. Can't imagine it's much different or worse.

So, pretty comparable.

Comparable in that neither of those scores equals 100%?

Anyway, to answer OPs question - 24 hours infotainment is bad for America. We don't need these people on TV every day shouting about how evil the other side is. Once a week investigative journalism is sufficient.

Now that we've addressed that - to compare the two is comical. If you've watched both you know that one is a propaganda arm for the White House and the other does investigative work.

They can be both. If they are merely spreading propaganda and misleading talking points from their side then they are bad. However, when they are fighting against propaganda and shedding light upon lies and mistruths… Then they have value.

It's bad because it perpetuates lies, myths, and distortions and discourages people from critical thinking and actually thinking for themselves.

And it's exactly why people like Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders gain so much fanfare.

Relax libs, I'm not saying Trump and Sanders are comparable in terms of character, veracity, intelligence, etc. Trump is a punk, a coward, and a petulant, blithering mental midget. And the worst of liars.

But both Sanders and Trump pander to a base of people who don't want to think for themselves. Free shit the government hands you sounds great to me too. If only it worked that way. Build a wall that who's going to pay for? Oh, and we're going to win and win bigly that we're all going to get sick of all this winning.

Propoganda makes people stupid. And to be clear, while I fault both sides, I'm saying clearly and without equivocation that Trump, Sean Hannity, and Faux News are the worst of the worst. AINEC.

I have no doubt that hannity is on putin's payroll. I have no idea who maddow works for. I have never listened to her or read anything she has written. I just know that trumpbaggers hate her so there must be something good about her.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Comparable in that neither of those scores equals 100%?

Anyway, to answer OPs question - 24 hours infotainment is bad for America. We don't need these people on TV every day shouting about how evil the other side is. Once a week investigative journalism is sufficient.

Now that we've addressed that - to compare the two is comical. If you've watched both you know that one is a propaganda arm for the White House and the other does investigative work.
The middle numbers in each row should be the percentage, but for some reason it isn’t formatted that way in the “true” column. Knowing that, you’ll see that they’re pretty damn close at mixing lies and truth. Why it comes up short of 100%, no idea.

For both to be under 40% total in the true/mostly true category is pretty sad.

Also telling that nobody is here defending Hannity, yet several are trying to prop up Maddow. They’re both incredibly biased mouthpieces, Maddow just happens to be slightly more polite.

Reactions: Chuck C and srams21
I have no doubt that hannity is on putin's payroll. I have no idea who maddow works for. I have never listened to her or read anything she has written. I just know that trumpbaggers hate her so there must be something good about her.
This is an easy, and interesting read. If the same book listed some Conservative media personality as its writer… well that would make for an interesting experiment.

BOOK-popup.jpg

Note:
This is in no way a defense of her TV show.

24 hr news channels. Worst invention in the history of mankind

With one caveat - The original CNN Headline news was great. You could tune in at any time and see the days headlines in 15 minutes. No talking heads, no political commentary, none of that bullshit. Just headlines and breaking stories. All the shit that's come since - that's what's ruined it.

With one caveat - The original CNN Headline news was great. You could tune in at any time and see the days headlines in 15 minutes. No talking heads, no political commentary, none of that bullshit. Just headlines and breaking stories. All the shit that's come since - that's what's ruined it.
That and the original ESPN.

Bad. They are both propaganda pushing machines that consistently ignore/distort truths that don’t coincide with what they think is right.

I was surprised to see that everybody voted like I did.

Encouraging to see actually.

Obviously, they are both propagandists. But, the Romans built the Coliseum to keep the riff raff entertained by pitting men against Lions and each other. So, you need to consider their "entertainment value" as well. Something else would surely fill their void if they went away.
They are neither good nor bad. This is America.

What is bad is the fact anybody takes their comments as anything other than what they are.

Reactions: Titus Andronicus
You really think Hannity and Maddow are comparable?
Absofvckinglutely. You only don't because you can't possibly admit anything is wrong with the left under any circumstances. You can't be helped.

Maddow might be weird but at least has an education. Hannity is a mouth breathing village idiot.

Reactions: ft254
Both are reps of War Party A & B. This recently from Maddow:

Women now control all three directorates of the CIA – a historic milestone for gender equality in the clandestine regime change/assassination sector. Rachel Maddow seems to be celebrating, but why is Twitter full of party poopers?
CIA Director Gina Haspel has appointed a fellow female comrade, Cynthia “Didi” Rapp, as deputy director for analysis, making her the highest-ranking analyst at the agency. Elizabeth Kimber was named the first female deputy director for operations in December, joining Dawn Meyerriecks, who has been the agency’s deputy director for science and technology for several years now. As a result, the main branches of the CIA – operations, analysis and science and technology – are now headed by women.

NBC News toasted the agency’s all-female leadership with an article detailing the new “sisterhood of spies”. MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow – usually busy hallucinating about Vladimir Putin hiding under her bed – rushed to tweet the story, in an apparent endorsement of the new trifecta of unaccountable girl power.

Here she is getting slammed on Twitter:

"Really hope that oppressed women in Muslim nations appreciate that the drone above their heads was sent by empowered women."

Arash Karami

"Yes! We must fight for a woman’s right to be as sociopathic and toxic as any man. This is real progress. Liberty is just around the corner."
Todd Appel

"Hurray! Gender parity in the torture-murder-political-interference-surveillance-state sector is long overdue. Truly a wonderful time to be alive."
A Foog

"Women are now in charge of all 3 directorates of the CIA and run 4 out of the top 5 defense contractors. It’s a message of hope to all the little girls around the world: If you work hard and stay in school, one day you too can break the glass ceiling and get killed by a woman."
Jeremy McLellan

DwMXKVvX4AAQbch.jpg

There are many many other outlandish reality shows on. No need to watch the likes of this imo.

I feel like Hannity is the reason Maddow is what she is now. And vice versa.

There are many many other outlandish reality shows on. No need to watch the likes of this imo.

I feel like Hannity is the reason Maddow is what she is now. And vice versa.
It’s a race to the bottom.

Remember Hannity & Combes (sp?). Those two had some actual discussion, were great at balancing each other out, and seemed to bring actual facts to the table. That was nice.

Reactions: DrVenkman
Bad. It’s like gasoline for those already burning too hot.

Normal people are what you see 90% of the time in your normal life. The vote and move on with their lives.

They are both bad. It creates this all other nothing political atmosphere we live in today.

Our government is shut down because our politicians won't negotiate and they won't do that because Hannity and Maddow make their respective bases believe that negotiating is akin to negotiating with terrorists.

Maddow might be weird but at least has an education. Hannity is a mouth breathing village idiot.

A lot of full of crap propagandists have educations. It makes them better at lying and manipulating their followers. She's very good at it. Even on the multiple occasions she's been caught lying, she has her people defending her as she attempts to slither out of it while explaining why it was OK for her to lie. I'm sure Hannity has the same thing going for him.

Not totally but very close.

No.

Maddow actually makes fairly intelligent arguments. She just has a snarky delivery and voice that's like fingernails on a chalkboard, but there are lots of facts and meat to her arguments.

Hannity is a true propagandist. Very few facts; mostly political talking points without any merit. Sugary desserts vs. actual nutrition.

I don't regularly watch either of them FWIW, but see plenty of clips.

Even on the multiple occasions she's been caught lying...

She skips over things at times; but it's not the 'norm'.

Hannity barely has any facts at all in his diatribes.

Just look at the topics they cover: Hannity is stuck on Hillary Clinton, constantly. Like a broken record. Hillary Clinton was never in office, and it's been >2 years since she was a candidate. She's never been charged with anything after $100M spent on investigations. That's rather astounding, actually, yet Hannity will never bring that simple fact up on his show. Ever.

The level of factual information on Maddow is probably comparable to the level of disinformation on Hannity; diametric opposites. The number of mistakes Maddow makes is probably akin to the number of times Hannity actually gets something right. And that's not exaggeration at all.

Reactions: cigaretteman
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT