ADVERTISEMENT

Are people like Hannity and Maddow good or bad for America?

Are people like Sean Hannity and Rachel Maddow good or bad for America?

• Overall they are bad.

Votes: 59 96.7%
  • Overall they are good.

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
I'm all for freedom of speech, but with freedom there's responsibility. Both of them intentionally lie, and many people have no way to distinguish truth from lies.

Last edited:
Reactions: FAUlty Gator

Here's my favorite Maddow segment. This was during the talks between Trump and North Korea about ending war games in South Korea to get North Korea to end their nuclear program. She goes on this massive build up to explain that Trump is actually ending war games in South Korea because of Russia. So utterly deranged and hysterical. This clip is so sad but funny. I'm sure many of the lunatics on this board will probably buy into this ridiculous conspiracy theory, which is hilarious.

Now that we've addressed that - to compare the two is comical. If you've watched both you know that one is a propaganda arm for the White House and the other does investigative work.

Hannity is a propaganda arm and Maddow dupes her followers into BELIEVING she's some sort of investigative reporter.

When she lies and says that a congressman had first hand knowlege of the OKC bombing BEFORE is happened, then got caught lying with that sensational crap...it proves she's a terrible investigator.

Or when she makes a HUGE announcement that she's uncovered income tax reports that were publicly available and known to everyone already, she proves herself a ratings hungry fraud.

Different ways of being terrible but both are terrible just the same.

I agree, but as long as people keep watching, we are stuck with them (it's all about the money). Same for reality shows and most of the other crap on tv.

As long as they have audiences that make it worth their sponsors to support...they're here forever.

People like hearing what they want to believe is true. That will never change.

Link?

Sorry. I just assumed "Link" is your "I am Groot". I see you know other words, as well. Sweet!
Well, that explains a lot for your posts over the years.

Hey HROTers, YS51 has finally fessed up to being unable to read and comprehend!! Congrats to you as this is a big step in to getting help. If you want HROT to help you along the way please try asking and we will be glad to help.

Well, that explains a lot for your posts over the years.

Hey HROTers, YS51 has finally fessed up to being unable to read and comprehend!! Congrats to you as this is a big step in to getting help. If you want HROT to help you along the way please try asking and we will be glad to help.

Link?

She goes on this massive build up to explain that Trump is actually ending war games in South Korea because of Russia.
Actually, that's what many military analysts concluded, as well. Because Putin ain't a fan of our military exercises and buildup in the area.

Actually, that's what many military analysts concluded, as well. Because Putin ain't a fan of our military exercises and buildup in the area.

Post some of those links for me please. I would love to get a laugh out of those lunatics as well.

FWIW
The PolitiFact scorecard
Maddow

The PolitiFact scorecard
Hannity

Sort of disappointing to see them that close. Then again, as I have pointed out from time to time, Politifact has a somewhat biased record.

Sort of disappointing to see them that close. Then again, as I have pointed out from time to time, Politifact has a somewhat biased record.
It’s not biased, it’s just that they only research those items brought to their attention. They don’t watch hannity every night and count the crazy lies. There are only a dozen or so judged statements about him on the site and most are old.

FWIW
The PolitiFact scorecard
Maddow

The PolitiFact scorecard
Hannity

Pretty small sample sizes, but I'm not surprised to see that about 50% of what either of them says is "mostly false." Normally politifact leans left, so the fact the results are this favorable to Hannity are a bit surprising to me. Small sample size though (28 claims for maddow, 21 for hannity).

These people are not good for society. They only live to stir up outrage in their base, and as you can see, less than half of what they say, according to politifact, is better than "half true." It's counterproductive.

No.

Maddow actually makes fairly intelligent arguments. She just has a snarky delivery and voice that's like fingernails on a chalkboard, but there are lots of facts and meat to her arguments.

Hannity is a true propagandist. Very few facts; mostly political talking points without any merit. Sugary desserts vs. actual nutrition.

I don't regularly watch either of them FWIW, but see plenty of clips.
Shocking that your completely unbiased research and analysis would reach this conclusion. You are such a joke. Sad that many on here think you have valid information and arguments.

Reactions: Nat Algren
Shocking that your completely unbiased research and analysis would reach this conclusion. You are such a joke. Sad that many on here think you have valid information and arguments.

Translation: "Well.....I'm pretty sure you're right, but since I won't admit that, I'll resort to ad hominem attacks and call it good"

They are both bad. It creates this all other nothing political atmosphere we live in today.

Our government is shut down because our politicians won't negotiate and they won't do that because Hannity and Maddow make their respective bases believe that negotiating is akin to negotiating with terrorists.

Man, what point are you trying to make? Either is a mouthpiece for their side of the argument. Maddow was not the cause. Limbaugh, and Fox actually moved the Orange Turd to not sign the continuing resolution legislation congress sent to him to keep the government operating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT