ADVERTISEMENT

Are some of you going to be OK next Wednesday?

How can the dead be depressed? That's just weird

what-is-dead-may-never-die-game-of-thrones.gif

Reactions: NDallasRuss
As long as I can get a break from all the political commercials and junk mail, I'll be pretty happy.
Csb some 30 years ago I used to write and design some of that shit. Both unsurprisingly and a bit disconcertingly, it paid really well. It was the first time I became truly, deeply disgusted with the money in politics. If there was that much money to pay me and print all that stuff that maybe 1/10 people read? Yikes.

I'm not even talking about the winners and losers. I just mean in general some of you are so consumed by politics it seems like it's all you have.

Postpartum election depression is going to hit some of you hard.
It probably won't be as bad as 2016, and most of the wingers are still around after that, so Im thinking they'll whine a bit but for the most part come through OK.

Unless people are truly buying into the MSNBC/Huffpo left wing narrative that somehow democracy is dead if Republicans win (via free and fair election)... Those people may really struggle, but hopefully most view that rhetoric as propaganda, and recognize that when they watch it.

We'll probably see some "treason" by the losing side (claiming the election was rigged/stolen/etc.).

I will just be glad it is over. Just hope the Senate race in GA does not go to a runoff, I need a break from the non-stop commercials and junk mail in my mailbox everyday. Garbage can in my garage is filled with crap from Abrams, Warnock, Walker and all the other local politicians that I just throw away.

As long as I can get a break from all the political commercials and junk mail, I'll be pretty happy.
THE absolute WORST commercials are from the Matt Gaetz campaign. It's toned down a bit because Rebekah Jones doesn't have a chance in hell.

If I don't hear "I FIGHT FOR YOU" again I'll be a happy camper.

Csb some 30 years ago I used to write and design some of that shit. Both unsurprisingly and a bit disconcertingly, it paid really well. It was the first time I became truly, deeply disgusted with the money in politics. If there was that much money to pay me and print all that stuff that maybe 1/10 people read? Yikes.
I don't think it's even as high as 1/10 - I think it's more like 1/50 for direct mailers. And there's no way to opt out of getting all of that crap delivered to your mailbox, which is a problem to me: I own the mailbox, but you can pay to put whatever you want in there. Reduce waste by letting me select to not receive any of it. The only bill I can't automate/opt for e-delivery is my town's water bill, which is once every two months. If it wasn't for that and the junk mail, I could go months without ever having to check the mail!

Reactions: Rudolph
I don't think it's even as high as 1/10 - I think it's more like 1/50 for direct mailers. And there's no way to opt out of getting all of that crap delivered to your mailbox, which is a problem to me: I own the mailbox, but you can pay to put whatever you want in there. Reduce waste by letting me select to not receive any of it. The only bill I can't automate/opt for e-delivery is my town's water bill, which is once every two months. If it wasn't for that and the junk mail, I could go months without ever having to check the mail!
I think back in the day 10% was common. I actually think it’s held fairly well, surprisingly. I think for a lot of people it just serves as a reminder that vote day is nearing, this or that person that I do/don’t care for is on the ballot.

I compare political elections to the CyHawk game. As long as the team I root for wins, I’m happy. Not so much because I know much or care about the actual players, or that they won, but because I get to see the other side’s fans suffer. In other words, the actual politics is just a side show. The real show is being able to “own” the libtards or republicunts.

Reactions: fredjr82
I recall the last time the Rs lost, they invaded the capitol in a bloody coup. So depression is far better than a straight up attempt to overturn the election with violent force.
I recall the last time you had a cogent argument, wait..............

Reactions: SIXERS24
I'm not even talking about the winners and losers. I just mean in general some of you are so consumed by politics it seems like it's all you have.

Postpartum election depression is going to hit some of you hard.
I predict a massive recalibration of the "end of democracy" timeline to 2024. Won't be fully implemented till about March 2023.

It probably won't be as bad as 2016, and most of the wingers are still around after that, so Im thinking they'll whine a bit but for the most part come through OK.

Unless people are truly buying into the MSNBC/Huffpo left wing narrative that somehow democracy is dead if Republicans win (via free and fair election)... Those people may really struggle, but hopefully most view that rhetoric as propaganda, and recognize that when they watch it.

We'll probably see some "treason" by the losing side (claiming the election was rigged/stolen/etc.).
It's amazing how so many of you are missing the point about democracy being killed. Your "free and fair election" statement proves it. Tell me in 4 years about them. It's like nobody on the right actually LISTENS to Republicans they vote for. I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think democracy will be dead but I do think it's hilarious that the Rs will likely win big and somehow the election is now fair just two years after it was rigged.

Iowa’s issues cannot be corrected by one election. And honestly, Iowa life is not anything like some pols here crack it up to be. Rural Iowa is a real economic mess. If you don’t believe me, I suggest you travel the state and county roads of rural Iowa. Look around....trust your eyes.

I predict a massive recalibration of the "end of democracy" timeline to 2024. Won't be fully implemented till about March 2023.
You're another one who isn't listening. If Democrats can't pass federal voter protection laws, you'll realize what we're talking about when Democratic votes get thrown out starting in 2024 by governors or red state legislatures. This isn't made up, bin...they are telling us that's the plan.

I don't think democracy will be dead but I do think it's hilarious that the Rs will likely win big and somehow the election is now fair just two years after it was rigged.
This is true too. I still think that if Republicans take the House, one, it will be a shitshow again for 2 years with about 9 impeachments lead by MTG, but also with what's happening at the lower levels we won't be seeing another Democrat in the White House in my lifetime. Because even though there are more of us, our votes won't count.

I know I won't. Four years of Trump, Gaetz not getting prosecuted, Jim Jordan still breathing air, etc. just tells me where my country is headed. I can only take so much more of this idiocy and then I'll just lash out flaccidly and and get disowned by my family.

I’ll be fine. Probably gonna avoid this place for a couple days though. Don’t care to see Northern, NC and IH circle jerking.
Lol. Don’t associate me with others. I don’t play nice with Republicans either. It’s going to be 😢 watching the biggest disaster of a federal government in our history actually have to answer for their failures.

• Haha
The day following major elections are much like birthdays for me. It'll be a day exactly like any other day.

The sun, contrary to public opinion, will rise that morning no matter which side claims victory or suffers defeat.

This is true too. I still think that if Republicans take the House, one, it will be a shitshow again for 2 years with about 9 impeachments lead by MTG, but also with what's happening at the lower levels we won't be seeing another Democrat in the White House in my lifetime. Because even though there are more of us, our votes won't count.
It will be worse than a high school student council. It will be a circus. MTG is the biggest clown in politics in my lifetime. I think she will eventually be the VP for Trump in 2024. And, I think it will be a while before we see a Democrat in the WH as well. But not forever.

It will be worse than a high school student council. It will be a circus. MTG is the biggest clown in politics in my lifetime. I think she will eventually be the VP for Trump in 2024. And, I think it will be a while before we see a Democrat in the WH as well. But not forever.
Not forever, but after millions at some point in the future take to the streets, because what's close to happening isn't the American version of freedom.

Again, my opinions get molded somewhat by lifetime Republicans who didn't join the cult. Not from Rachel Maddow. When Michael Steele or Joe Walsh are sounding the alarm bells, there's a problem.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT