ADVERTISEMENT

Are Tump voters more or less likely to vote for him in 2020...

Truno voters are more or less likely to vote for him in 2020.

• More likely

Votes: 30 61.2%
  • Less likely

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters
They could, but their problem is that neither I nor anybody else knows who that might be. The only one ever mentioned is Biden, and he has some obvious drawbacks. The ones who are being mentioned most now certainly aren't palatable for the middle, and rightly so.

On the other hand, the Republicans had a shitload of candidates in 2016 who were palatable to the middle, but Trump got the nomination. So there's that.

Don't get me wrong. There are a lot of Democrats out there, and no doubt some of them would be solid, electable candidates with more appeal to the center than Trump. But nobody knows who they are because the other ones are running the party.
And...the "other ones"...the ones "running the party"...they're worse than Trump? So what you're saying is that if it's a leading Democrat...someone who is currently "running the party"...you will, once again, have no choice.

I think we have LC's answer to the poll.

Reactions: cigaretteman
So, what you're saying is that you have no evidence to support your claim.

If the comments were as pervasive as you claim, then you should have no trouble providing myriad examples of your quoted phrase made by those in leadership of the democratic party.

Otherwise, you're just talking out of your asshole.

Yup...just me, ultra liberal Bill Maher and many others remember it. I supposed the Left never accused Romney of killing a woman's husband either. Of course, since I can't track down a link of crazy morons sporting thisnshitnfrom 2012, it never happened. Just keep your fingers in your ears and screaming 0la la la la la la, I can't hear you." That's your best defense it seems.

You know...stuff like..

This warm recollection for the goodness and decency of Governor Romney is rather off-putting when recalling how the Obama campaign apparatus sought to portray him as a bigoted plutocrat who was complicit in at least one negligent homicide.

The Super PAC Priorities USA Action, which has transformed from a pro-Obama group to a pro-Clinton group in this cycle, literally accused Mitt Romney of complicity in a preventable death. Why? Because he ran the restructuring firm Bain Capital that liquidated a failing steel mill, resulting in the cancellation of a health insurance policy for a terminally ill employee. The ad was so noxious that Team Obama denied any knowledge of its production, but it was Cutter who hosted a conference call with reporters in which Joe Soptic, the widower and alleged victim of Romney’s callous indifference, told the same tale he related to Priorities’ cameras.

The work Bain did was a target of multiple smears, not limited to the outrageous notion that a private equity group that reallocated the assets of failing firms was, in some fashion, a “job killer.” The Obama campaign alleged that Romney’s filings with the FEC, which showed that he remained a principal at the firm through 2002 despite his contention that he left the country in 1999, may constitute a felony offense. When asked to respond to the Romney campaign’s demand for an apology over the unsubstantiated smear, LaBolt insisted none would be forthcoming. He added that Romney should release his tax returns, which the Democratic Senate Majority leader insisted (without evidence) would show that Romney paid an equivalent rate of zero percent on his income.

All of this is to say nothing of the near-daily cascade of casual and reckless accusationsthat Romney was a bigot and a racist from Obama’s allies in media.

mstp1992 said: ↑
So, what you're saying is that you have no evidence to support your claim.

If the comments were as pervasive as you claim, then you should have no trouble providing myriad examples of your quoted phrase made by those in leadership of the democratic party.

Otherwise, you're just talking out of your asshole.

Looks like you're just talking out of your asshole.

How about Feminists? Wait...they're not Dems, right?

https://dailycaller.com/2012/08/15/feminists-declare-romney-ryan-the-most-dangerous-men-in-america/

Naturally, NOW supporters can “help stop the most dangerous men in America” with donations starting at $15.

“Romney needs the women’s vote to win this election. Let’s make sure he doesn’t. Together, we can win the War on Women,” O’Neill concluded, ending her fundraising pitch with the sign-off “For women’s lives.”

Reactions: mstp1992
Yup...just me, ultra liberal Bill Maher and many others remember it. I supposed the Left never accused Romney of killing a woman's husband either. Of course, since I can't track down a link of crazy morons sporting thisnshitnfrom 2012, it never happened. Just keep your fingers in your ears and screaming 0la la la la la la, I can't hear you." That's your best defense it seems.

You know...stuff like..

This warm recollection for the goodness and decency of Governor Romney is rather off-putting when recalling how the Obama campaign apparatus sought to portray him as a bigoted plutocrat who was complicit in at least one negligent homicide.

The Super PAC Priorities USA Action, which has transformed from a pro-Obama group to a pro-Clinton group in this cycle, literally accused Mitt Romney of complicity in a preventable death. Why? Because he ran the restructuring firm Bain Capital that liquidated a failing steel mill, resulting in the cancellation of a health insurance policy for a terminally ill employee. The ad was so noxious that Team Obama denied any knowledge of its production, but it was Cutter who hosted a conference call with reporters in which Joe Soptic, the widower and alleged victim of Romney’s callous indifference, told the same tale he related to Priorities’ cameras.

The work Bain did was a target of multiple smears, not limited to the outrageous notion that a private equity group that reallocated the assets of failing firms was, in some fashion, a “job killer.” The Obama campaign alleged that Romney’s filings with the FEC, which showed that he remained a principal at the firm through 2002 despite his contention that he left the country in 1999, may constitute a felony offense. When asked to respond to the Romney campaign’s demand for an apology over the unsubstantiated smear, LaBolt insisted none would be forthcoming. He added that Romney should release his tax returns, which the Democratic Senate Majority leader insisted (without evidence) would show that Romney paid an equivalent rate of zero percent on his income.

All of this is to say nothing of the near-daily cascade of casual and reckless accusationsthat Romney was a bigot and a racist from Obama’s allies in media.

You keep comparing the actions of fringe groups, and a PAC that in this case was disavowed by Obama, to the actual actions of your dear leader. Yes, the left has batshit crazy people about its edges. The GOP has one at its head. Stop making false equivalencies, it's a specious argument and you know it.

Soo..wait a second...you're basing this on a guy on an obscure message board? Could you explain how he qualifies as "the Dems"?

Well...him and the NATIONAL ORGANIZATION OF WOMEN. But I'm sure they don't count for some reason.

Naturally, NOW supporters can “help stop the most dangerous men in America” with donations starting at $15.

“Romney needs the women’s vote to win this election. Let’s make sure he doesn’t. Together, we can win the War on Women,” O’Neill concluded, ending her fundraising pitch with the sign-off “For women’s lives.”

You keep comparing the actions of fringe groups, and a PAC that in this case was disavowed by Obama, to the actual actions of your dear leader. Yes, the left has batshit crazy people about its edges. The GOP has one at its head. Stop making false equivalencies, it's a specious argument and you know it.

How about the National Organozation of Women? And you think that Obama disavowing anything means something. His head PR person said, "No apologies." I didn't say Obama said it anyway. I said Dems did. These people ARE Dems. Sorry. Own 'em or don't. But they said it and they're Dems.

You know...stuff like..

Let’s not forget that Romney helped fund Central American death squadrons. How much of the current wave of refugees are directly related to his actions. If you want to tar Romney, I’ll be your huckleberry.

I guess only me and Bill Maher remember. Time for the semantics dance, guys.
https://www.businessinsider.com/bill-maher-democrats-trump-romney-mccain-2016-11
----
The "Real Time" host contended Donald Trump, the current Republican presidential nominee, was truly dangerous for America, on the other hand. He lamented that liberals had previously described other Republicans in similar terms, a move he said weakened their ability to get individuals to heed their warnings this time around.

"I know liberals made a big mistake because we attacked your boy [President George W. Bush] like he was the end of the world," Maher told panelist David Frum, a former speechwriter for Bush. "He wasn't."

Maher continued: "And Mitt Romney, we attacked that way. I gave Obama a million dollars, I was so afraid of Mitt Romney. Mitt Romney wouldn't have changed my life that much, or yours. Or John McCain."
LOL...you mean when the GOP was saying Obama wasn't a US citizen? When YOU and others were saying he consorted with terrorists? When he was cast as a Muslim with radical Islamic beliefs...like instituting Sharia Law in the US. Pot, meet Kettle.

BTW, you got bailed out on your previous comment but NOW isn't "the Dems". It was, however, the GOP carrying out those attacks on Obama...and you were complicit. You should strive for clarity. You should also try to avoid hypocrisy whenever possible.

Im realizing you don't even know what this is about. I'm not making any equivalencies. I'm simply saying that they overused the same page in the playbook and when it was actually called for, people stopped listening...because you've falsely told us all the sky os falling too many times.

LOL...you mean when the GOP was saying Obama wasn't a US citizen? When YOU and others were saying he consorted with terrorists? When he was cast as a Muslim with radical Islamic beliefs...like instituting Sharia Law in the US. Pot, meet Kettle.

BTW, you got bailed out on your previous comment but NOW isn't "the Dems". It was, however, the GOP carrying out those attacks on Obama...and you were complicit. You should strive for clarity. You should also try to avoid hypocrisy whenever possible.

Haha...run away. There you go. Oh and DRINK. You brought up Obama and the whataboutism is strong.

You know...stuff like..

Answer the question, Claire.

Find your quoted phrase, and tell us specifically which Democrats said it.

I’m not arguing he wasn’t unfairly characterized by many people (he was, in my opinion).

However, you made a specific statement, yet failed to attribute it appropriately.

don't forget ohio. You are pretty much correct.
I didn’t forget Ohio. I specifically pointed out that Dems don’t even need to win Ohio if they take back WI, MI, and PA. And I’m not pretty much correct. I’m absolutely correct. Dems could lose Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, and North Carolina and it wouldn’t matter if they just win back the three blue states that Trump barely won.

Dems can point to job cuts at GM, Ford, and Harley-Davidson if they need some help gaining traction there.

I didn’t forget Ohio. I specifically pointed out that Dems don’t even need to win Ohio if they take back WI, MI, and PA. And I’m not pretty much correct. I’m absolutely correct. Dems could lose Ohio, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, and North Carolina and it wouldn’t matter if they just win back the three blue states that Trump barely won.

Dems can point to job cuts at GM, Ford, and Harley-Davidson if they need some help gaining traction there.
the problem is the rural areas of those states are no longer labor oriented , as in , the old school union type labor folks. they have become more or less on welfare or retired, or own their own businesses, or work in the service industries, or from home. high tech or IT. and they go to church, even if it's just Christmas and Easter. trump appeals to them more than "labor " and unions do. The dems literally would have to have a trump-type character and I don't think they have that. he is unique. if a dem went in there and talked about entrepreneurship and paying your own way and not relying upon mexico and china and stuff, and talked about having freedom to buy your own health insurance and said God is good. they would have a shot. but they won't.

Haha...run away. There you go. Oh and DRINK. You brought up Obama and the whataboutism is strong.
LOL...your hypocrisy reeks. All I asked for was a source for your "the Dems" quote. You provided a lone poster on a message board you happen to frequent. As I said, you then got bailed out by someone who Googles faster than you.

You're also the one who brought up how candidates are treated in an election - I simply responded and pointed out that YOU engaged in that behavior. Since you wish to claim that NOW represents "the Dems", I could now attribute to the GOP, ANY stance by any organization associated with them. Do you think the KKK is filled with Trump supporters? That's not "whataboutism" no matter how much you wish it were so.

Answer the question, Claire.

Find your quoted phrase, and tell us specifically which Democrats said it.

I’m not arguing he wasn’t unfairly characterized by many people (he was, in my opinion).

However, you made a specific statement, yet failed to attribute it appropriately.
I am trying like crazy to search 2011 and 2012 and I cannot figure it out. it would be interesting for sure to see all the posts.

I probably won't vote for Trump again.. pretty burnt out on him. This message board pretty much sums up whey I won't vote democrat either.

Would vote for Romney again in a heartbeat

Reactions: luvmyhawks
And...the "other ones"...the ones "running the party"...they're worse than Trump? So what you're saying is that if it's a leading Democrat...someone who is currently "running the party"...you will, once again, have no choice.

I think we have LC's answer to the poll.
My answer to the poll was pretty clearly "yes." Congratulations for figuring it out. You are so blinded by your obsessions that it's always a surprise when you actually pay attention to a post.

Your problem, Tar -- one of them, and one you share with a lot of others here -- is an inability to take seriously any opinion that varies in any respect from your own. This is why you and others in this thread routinely attribute a vote for Trump as a sign of stupidity, if not treason. Most Trump voters, on the other hand, attribute votes for Hillary primarily to views they think are wrong but that can be held by reasonable people.

You think Trump was a worse choice than Hillary. I think Hillary was a worse choice than Trump. This is why we have elections.

no, his wife was saying it:

Personality aside I would vote for him. He is doing what no other presidents have done. He’s not making friends with anyone. Canada, Mexico or Europe. I could do without his ego and child like behavior but for what he’s doing sign me up for another 4.

Making enemies of everyone is not intelligent or wise.

My answer to the poll was pretty clearly "yes." Congratulations for figuring it out. You are so blinded by your obsessions that it's always a surprise when you actually pay attention to a post.

Your problem, Tar -- one of them, and one you share with a lot of others here -- is an inability to take seriously any opinion that varies in any respect from your own. This is why you and others in this thread routinely attribute a vote for Trump as a sign of stupidity, if not treason. Most Trump voters, on the other hand, attribute votes for Hillary primarily to views they think are wrong but that can be held by reasonable people.

You think Trump was a worse choice than Hillary. I think Hillary was a worse choice than Trump. This is why we have elections.
And...you're wrong. I have no problem respecting a vote for Romney or McCain or W or ANY candidate put forward by a major party. Hell, I voted for Reagan in 1980. I voted for Bush the elder in '94. I likely would have voted for the 2000 McCain had his own party not torpedoed him.

Voting for Trump at ANY point, however, was abject stupidity akin to cutting off one's nose to spite one's own face. Good job - don't whine when you're called an idiot for doing it...it's a stupid thing to do. Trump is totally unfit both morally and intellectually to hold the office of president and that was manifestly evident to ANYONE who gave a damn about the country. You might not think Clinton was morally fit to be POTUS but she is Trump's intellectual superior and it's not at all close....of course, it's a low bar.

You can keep claiming you "didn't have a choice" but you absolutely did and you chose a charlatan with the mind of a 5 year old to hold the most powerful office on the planet. That's on you and it's indefensible. DO NOT blame anyone else for that stupidity.

2od9w7.jpg

Reactions: mstp1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT