ADVERTISEMENT

Are we entering a 'golden age' for trade unions?

Hope so....runaway corporate power and abuse of employees need to be curtailed

Corporate abuses have spread into many state legislatures, via ALEC too....ALEC has been working on limiting the growth of workers rights for over 30 years...and they have become very effective especially at the state and local level.

• Love
Reactions: franklinman
Corporate abuses have spread into many state legislatures, via ALEC too....ALEC has been working on limiting the growth of workers rights for over 30 years...and they have become very effective especially at the state and local level.

They have a big hand in selecting every republican state legislator in Florida. Due to aggressive gerrymandering, that is around 75-80% of the seats.

Around 10 years ago, I had a sales call on some joker in Sarasota, who was a friend of a longtime client. He had just returned from "candidate school" or some similar name where they evaluate potential do-boys, I mean legislators. He spent the first 20 minutes of the meeting excitedly telling me and my client about candidate school. The guy was a tool and never paid his bills so I cut him off. ALEC apparently had better options because they ran someone else in that district. CSB

"the average worker in America is making roughly $43 a week less today than she made 50 years ago." Quote from the above Bernie sanders article.

This is why I believe the USA will have a major recession/ depression in the next couple years.

Corporate America greed has neutered the American working class by refusing to pay reasonable wages and reasonable working conditions. I imagine all of us are feeling the effects of the inflation and this will only get worse.

• Sad
Reactions: mattymoknows
These unions better be careful what they wish for because artificial intelligence is coming on very quickly. Union workers who aren’t productive will be replaced quickly.

• Haha
Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
This thread needs a poll attached to determine who has been or is currently a member of a Union. I'd wager it's very few.

All of these strikes happening, with many citing cost of living rapidly increasing.

What is going on in Joe Biden's America??

Its a gold age in certain professions. Labor broadly has more leverage than it has in some time simply by having supply limited.

Its been 6 months since this, how much higher are the prices ow due to the cost of the union? Unreasonable yet?

Wages now working up to scale actually capable of supporting individuals. What a travesty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT