ADVERTISEMENT

Are you going to actually watch the debate live tonight?

You gonna watch the debate on TV?

• Yes

Votes: 50 47.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 52.4%

• Total voters

torbee

HB King
Gold Member
I'll do what I did for the first debate - ignore it and then watch the post-debate breakdowns. Didn't take much time to know Debate 1 was a TKO for Trump due to Biden's incapability.

Hoping to see something similar tonight, only with the other elderly confused incoherent thought muttering fellow on the losing end.

I watched the debates in 2016 and 2020, it seemed like a combination of 'important' and sort of morbid curiosity in terms of witnessing Trump's conduct.

I skipped the first one earlier this Summer and will skip this one again, because the 'joke' isn't really funny anymore, it's just a disappointing reminder of the state of our politics and I don't need another one of those. I'll read some of the breakdowns after the fact just to be mildly informed of the 'vibes', but don't really care to watch it all unfold myself.

should a full recording of the debate be made available on youtube for benefit of citizens?
will it?

Definitely watch it. Waiting for Kamala's closing commentary where she defines Trump for what he is: a con man who tried to overturn the results of an election, and a convicted felon, either of which should disqualify him from holding office.

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

I suspect I'll try to follow my plan from last time, which is to not watch, go to bed early, and then periodically be drawn into the living room if Mrs. A is watching it. Now of course my plan from last time failed, as i could hear from the audio that biden sounded a lot like a guy who'd been in a nursing home for a number of months, so i went "to get a drink of water" and saw from the tv screen that his tongue was rolling around his mouth like a guy who'd been in a nursing home for a number of months.

Presidential debates are stupid kabuki.

Reactions: l.todd and goldmom
Nope leaving a shaker full of a nicely loaded margarita for the wife and retreating to the basement with a big glass of gin and tonic with the dog. She'll be 'not watching' it upstairs and I'll just wait for the play by play of what the old fart said this time.

I’m not a fan of debates because they are a forced display of theater IMO.
🤨

Reactions: l.todd
You couldn't pay me enough to watch it. Actually I guess you could but it'd be a pretty high number. What's it pay?

Reactions: hawkeye54545
No. Would probably watch if this was an actual debate but have no desire to sit through a moderated Q&A.
I already know who I am voting for so it does not matter anyway.

You couldn't pay me enough to watch it. Actually I guess you could but it'd be a pretty high number. What's it pay?
You've complained about a lot of things financially related in the last few months. I don't think it would take all that much to make you watch it.

• Haha
Reactions: Jim Grizzly
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT