ADVERTISEMENT

Arrests of the Traitors coming in now

When’s this supposed to wrap up?

animal-house-bluto.gif

Iowa insurrectionist pleads guilty. Apparently this one helped restrain a law enforcement officer while he was being beaten unconscious.

NBC News reports:

An Iowa man pleaded guilty Thursday to taking part in the savage attack on D.C. Police Officer Michael Fanone during the 2021 Capitol riot. Kyle James Young, 37, of Redfield, Iowa, appeared virtually before U.S. District Judge Amy B. Jackson to enter his plea of guilty to one felony count of assaulting a police officer. Young was one of three men indicted in April 2021 for the attack that left Fanone unconscious and resulted in him suffering a heart attack.
Young said when another member of the mob dragged Fanone into the crowd, he grabbed his wrist and pulled the officer’s arm away from his body – one of multiple rioters who restrained Fanone on the ground while he was being assaulted. The restraint could earn Young extra prison time at sentencing. If it does, his expected recommended sentencing range will increase from 63-78 months to 77-96 months.

I said.

"When’s this supposed to wrap up?"

Basically you're full of crap.
Considering these arrests are fully linked to the work of the 1/6 Commission, and you've attacked that numerous times as "the Dems wanting to drag it out", my point is fundamentally correct here.

Either you are onboard with fully investigating and finding all of the traitors, or you are not.

So, put forth/clarify your position on this, because you've made several statements in other threads to the contrary.

Refute what? Doesn't change the fact that POLITICALLY the Dems are fine with this dragging out....they can say the Repubs are obstructing justice and Jan 6 stays in the headlights. It's good politically....if you can't see that, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

The trouble is with 1/6 is it's been beaten to death for 2 years....need to have some earth shattering findings for it to really move the needle cuz it's already baked into the cake to a degree.

"beaten to death for 2 years".

And we are still finding new information and obtaining new emails/phone records, and getting new plea deals for cooperation in identifying new connections.

So, again, are you onboard with continuing the investigations, or to the "Dems need to wrap this up"?

Here's your chance to clarify what you've stated in the past and the criticisms you've made that insinuate we do not need to go after any more traitors, information or convictions.

• Haha
Reactions: HawkMD and NCHawk5
Here's your chance to clarify what you've stated in the past and the criticisms you've made that insinuate we do not need to go after any more traitors, information or convictions.
Didn't insinuate that.....misinformation.

They can take as long as they want but politically, and it's a political exercise, it needs to wrap up before the midterms. If not and the R's take control the investigation will essentially be over.

That's my position.

Didn't insinuate that.....misinformation.

They can take as long as they want but politically, and it's a political exercise, it needs to wrap up before the midterms. If not and the R's take control the investigation will essentially be over.

That's my position.

So, whatever aspects you deem "political" need to be wrapped up, even if those aspects are relying on a criminal system that can require MUCH more time.

You do realize that some of the pleadings coming out mean new information for BOTH criminal AND political investigation have just begun, right?

Remember how long Watergate took? And that people ACTUALLY TESTIFIED - here we have active court battles to AVOID testimony.

Your position is then, that "running out the clock" by avoiding subpoenas is a fully legitimate way to avoid accountability. Which is why you're getting called out here.

So, whatever aspects you deem "political" need to be wrapped up, even if those aspects are relying on a criminal system that can require MUCH more time.

You do realize that some of the pleadings coming out mean new information for BOTH criminal AND political investigation have just begun, right?

Remember how long Watergate took? And that people ACTUALLY TESTIFIED - here we have active court battles to AVOID testimony.

Your position is then, that "running out the clock" by avoiding subpoenas is a fully legitimate way to avoid accountability. Which is why you're getting called out here.
Whatever Joe...fact is if the R's take control the congressional investigation ends next January...

My bet is they wrap it up in Aug-Sep...

Whatever Joe

Just like I'd stated. You don't care about accountability, you just want it "wrapped up"

And anyone guilty of sedition who hasn't been identified by then (because of the ongoing fact gathering), gets a "pass".

You bitched when I accused you of this. Now you're basically admitting it.

Reactions: HawkMD
fact is if the R's take control the congressional investigation ends next January...

An attack on democracy should not be partisan.

Yet, here you are, asserting (and supporting) it as a partisan effort.
Liz Cheney has publicly stated that her observations have been the work has been non-partisan and one of the better committees/commissions she's served on. Because people are focused on the facts, not the politics. Were that not the case, she'd have distanced herself from it.

Yet, here you are, asserting the opposite, and not listening to what she has told you.

Just like I'd stated. You don't care about accountability, you just want it "wrapped up"

And anyone guilty of sedition who hasn't been identified by then (because of the ongoing fact gathering), gets a "pass".

You bitched when I accused you of this. Now you're basically admitting it.
I care about accountability and I also know it's going to be up to the Justice Department to ensure that accountability.

A congressional investigation is by it's nature...political. Sorry you're too dense to realize that.

If they don't wrap this up by the mid terms it turns into a political weapon for Republicans..."Investigated for 1 1/2 years and haven't come up with squat" "It's a witch hunt" (D's version of Bengazi investigation).

D's have to produce solid results from the investigation by the mid terms is the bottom line or it'll be a political liability.

There's a clock on this whether you realize it or not....I think the D's do.

An attack on democracy should not be partisan.

Yet, here you are, asserting (and supporting) it as a partisan effort.
Liz Cheney has publicly stated that her observations have been the work has been non-partisan and one of the better committees/commissions she's served on. Because people are focused on the facts, not the politics. Were that not the case, she'd have distanced herself from it.

Yet, here you are, asserting the opposite, and not listening to what she has told you.
Hey, but let us ignore the left's attacks on Federal buildings in Portland and Seattle, watching our cities burn that summer and the left cheering them on, peaceful protests, social justice they said. Conservatives see the hypocrisy of the left and really are not moved by January 6, Americans don't care....they understand. it is only an issue for beltway clowns and the left.

Yet, you're claiming "the Dems" need to finish it, when Liz Cheney is part of the committee.
Which makes it bi-partisan, and not "the Dems".
Liz has been kicked out of the Republican party in her own state, it is a witch hunt. It will all be gone in November. Then the real investigations begin.

Hey, but let us ignore the left's attacks on Federal buildings in Portland and Seattle, watching our cities burn that summer and the left cheering them on, peaceful protests, social justice they said. Conservatives see the hypocrisy of the left and really are not moved by January 6, Americans don't care....they understand. it is only an issue for beltway clowns and the left.
Oh

GOP wins the "attacks on Federal Buildings" competition

#Oklahoma...
Do you know Timothy McVeigh was a Republican? I do know Clinton and Janet Reno who attacked Waco and killed children were dims, and I do know it was Clinton's thugs that were at Ruby Ridge, the victim of which lost his wife and child and was a acquitted.

• Haha
Reactions: FlickShagwell
Do you know Timothy McVeigh was a Republican? I do know Clinton and Janet Reno who attacked Waco and killed children were dims, and I do know it was Clinton's thugs that were at Ruby Ridge, the victim of which lost his wife and child and was a acquitted.

How much you guys wanna bet Clown here has simultaneously called people "jackbooted thugs" while crying about people on the right being compared to Nazis.

The ONLY reason there is a "clock", is because ONE political party was complicit in the attacks, and does NOT want accountability.

Your position here is that you are siding with them, and with the seditionists.
There's a clock Joe...unless you think there's a good chance the D's retain control of the House. I think that's questionable at best.

That's the reality of the situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT