ADVERTISEMENT

As of Sep 12, 5,000 tickets @ $95 each remain for Penn State (As of Sep 19, "a few thousand" remain)

• I think it's ridiculous to have a $95 ticket
  • I think it's ridiculous to have a $95 ticket across across the board ... no matter your age .
  • I "think" Iowa realizes that getting people to Kinnick will continue to grow tougher and tougher every season and you sure as he** better find creative ways to get butts in the seats.
  • A $95 ticket across the board is NOT one of those ways
    (I assume the game will be a sellout - or close ... but still ... crazy pricing. I know my group of 5 from Des Moines collectively all said: Nope - to the price)

$95, damn

There is a lot of hype around here for this game, but $95? I don't see it selling out at those prices. Not when North Texas is $20 on Stubhub...

I have become less interested in the Kinninck experience over time. There is no way I'd pay $95 for whatever is left over for seats at this time.
My in person dollars are increasingly going to basketball. I plan to get to at least 4-5 games this year.
I was at the opener against wyoming and it's highly likely that's it for me and my group this year.

Will they drop them on Saturday if no buyers have stepped up? For me not having season tickets it is a fair way to buy tickets. It would be a shame to not have a sellout.

Will they drop them on Saturday if no buyers have stepped up? For me not having season tickets it is a fair way to buy tickets. It would be a shame to not have a sellout.
No they won't. They will hope for a big walk-up crowd (possible for a night game) but ticket prices will stay the same up until kickoff.

I have become less interested in the Kinninck experience over time. There is no way I'd pay $95 for whatever is left over for seats at this time.
My in person dollars are increasingly going to basketball. I plan to get to at least 4-5 games this year.
I was at the opener against wyoming and it's highly likely that's it for me and my group this year.

I get older and I'm just as happy watching on tv. It's hard to beat the kinnick game experience, but it shoots one entire weekend day in the ass.

Interesting that many people have whined for years about ISU raising the price of tickets with their Iowa home game.

Reactions: StatisticsLie
I said ISU tickets were too much and I made a thread earlier (before the season) that these $95 tickets were excessive too. Yes, I have two tickets to the PSU game but I think $95 is ridiculous.

Reactions: NI hawk and MitchL
But when there's still 5,000 left, isn't the market saying that $95 is too much?

So far, yes. But as we get closer to the game, a lot of tickets will sell. It's a night game which is very attractive to a lot of people. I will be very surprised if it's not a sell out, especially if both teams are 3-0 which they should be.

Supply and demand. If you think $95 is too much, don't pay it. If you want to see Iowa play Penn State in Kinnick, then that's what it costs, or more.

If Iowa does takes care of business this Saturday, those tickets will go fast. Casuals love a big matchup and 3-0 Iowa will sell those

So far, yes. But as we get closer to the game, a lot of tickets will sell. It's a night game which is very attractive to a lot of people. I will be very surprised if it's not a sell out, especially if both teams are 3-0 which they should be.
I'm not so sure. That's usually the routine for the Purdue/Indiana/Minnesota type games. The PSU/MICH/OSU games usually sell out quickly and weeks before the game. It's certainly possible that they'll sell out but I doubt it.

Would think tickets would have sold on Sunday after the ISU game moreso than North Texas. At this point, people will wait to see the weather forecast before they drop $380 on tickets for a family.

Reactions: MonmouthHawk
I get older and I'm just as happy watching on tv. It's hard to beat the kinnick game experience, but it shoots one entire weekend day in the ass.
I paid the $95 price but it may be the last time. 450 mile roundtrip plus high ticket prices make home look a lot better.

The start time being unknown until less than two weeks before the game doesn't help either. You would expect an immediate bump in sales after the game was announced as a night game though. If there are still >3000 left come game time, then the market will have sent a clear message.

Michigan tickets were about the same.. I would pay 500 for that experience all over again!
If only I had known they were going to win on a last-second field goal I would have went to the game. Can you tell me the end result of next Saturday night before I decide to go?

Reactions: kceasthawk
I just paid $95 each for 3 tickets to the Ohio State game. And I, like Sotahawk, paid the same for last year's Michigan game.

I paid the $95 price but it may be the last time. 450 mile roundtrip plus high ticket prices make home look a lot better.

If you are traveling that far, at that expense, does $20/ticket really change your plans?

I'd like to see the price lower as well, but only to sell it out. I agree with the other poster, not having a time on it has held people back - Iowans like to make plans ahead of time.

Also, although no bad seats in Kinnick, these aren't the sought-after areas. Big money guys are t looking to snap these up, it's the regular joes.

Reactions: jagerhawk
Iowa offered the mobile ticketing before the season started. You could have got in for $35 if you purchased it.
Total price was $250 for 7 games. Sure looks like a steal now.

Also, if Iowa beats North Texas, $95 is going to look like a steal. Sure, there will be the season ticket holders who have last minute plans and will sell on the street for $50-60. But stubhub and scalpers won't be cheaper than $95

Iowa offered the mobile ticketing before the season started. You could have got in for $35 if you purchased it.
Total price was $250 for 7 games. Sure looks like a steal now.

Also, if Iowa beats North Texas, $95 is going to look like a steal. Sure, there will be the season ticket holders who have last minute plans and will sell on the street for $50-60. But stubhub and scalpers won't be cheaper than $95

There's ample supply directly from the University. Ticket prices in the secondary market will have to respect this fact until the game sells out, if it even does at all.

Meh, I thought I would miss not going to Kinnick. Now I go the OP in Prairie Village, KS if I want to hang with a bunch of fans or sit at home. Drink whatever beer I want, don't mess with parking, have a comfy seat (not next to a fat ass), and immediately do something productive after the game is over rather than wait in traffic and drive home to KC.

They are the most expensive single game ticket in Kinnick Stadium history, per Chad Leistikow.

Yikes!

Thoughts?

They are lucky Iowa beat ISU. Cause not sure if would sell out being 2-1 going into PSU game or if game would have even gotten the ABC prime time spot. Even more lucky to win because I could only imagine lack of people showing up to see N Texas week after on hot day.

If $95 a ticket is too much for a huge night game what do you think season tickets cost? Especially when as you've pointed out some games are duds that go for much cheaper. Do you think the best games should go for the mean price of season tickets? I don't get how $95 doesn't make complete sense!

If $95 a ticket is too much for a huge night game what do you think season tickets cost? Especially when as you've pointed out some games are duds that go for much cheaper. Do you think the best games should go for the mean price of season tickets? I don't get how $95 doesn't make complete sense!
If Iowa fans don't want to pay that look for a huge crowd from Penn St

Reactions: Tacticalhawk
Meh, I thought I would miss not going to Kinnick. Now I go the OP in Prairie Village, KS if I want to hang with a bunch of fans or sit at home. Drink whatever beer I want, don't mess with parking, have a comfy seat (not next to a fat ass), and immediately do something productive after the game is over rather than wait in traffic and drive home to KC.
This.
While there are some things about the Kinnick game day experience that I still enjoy, I have become less tolerant of being crammed into uncomfortable bleacher seats next to the American obesity epedemic, expensive and lousy concessions, long lines and waits for the toilet, the inability to re-enter the stadium if I want to leave at halftime, etc. Couple that with the technology now to have a much better view of the game on an HDTV and switch between multiple games rather than have to wait out the douche in the red hat from the network during the endless TV timeouts and the draw to be there in person drops further.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT