ADVERTISEMENT

As this is why I don't respect ISU

hexumhawk

HB Legend
Sep 24, 2003
North Liberty
Several of their players left and ran to the locker room instead of shaking the hands of the UAB players. Weak on so many levels.

Give credit to Niang though. The camera showed him over congratulating the coach after they lost. Bad game for Niang and he's a little more cocky than I prefer, but classy move on his part.

Originally posted by fredjr82:
Give credit to Niang though. The camera showed him over congratulating the coach after they lost. Bad game for Niang and he's a little more cocky than I prefer, but classy move on his part.
This. He is pretty cocky, but is much better than many of the mutants that are on or have been on that team lately.

Originally posted by ThatsFootball:
This. He is pretty cocky, but is much better than many of the mutants that are on or have been on that team lately.
That is leadership. Something some of those other dolts obviously are lacking.
smile.r191677.gif

There weren't enough towels to cover the heads of all the players, so some fled to the locker room.

Maybe George is a new man after his antics in Iowa City. But I doubt it. Maybe he was just feelin' that humility today after he led his team to this ignominious defeat.

Some Hawkeye football players did same after loss to Tennessee, including Steve Ferentz.

Originally posted by relishingwinning18:
Originally posted by FG86:
Some Hawkeye football players did same after loss to Tennessee, including Steve Ferentz.
But but but you are Hawkeye fan.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
Ya, I am. And it was Hawkeye fans who reported this after the game.

Is it an issue if some players don't shake hands after the game? Or is it an issue only if it happens at certain schools?

Is it an issue if some players don't shake hands after the game? Or is it an issue only if it happens at certain schools?
Oh so you're saying that a few out of a 100 player roster slipped through, Vs a few out of a 15 man roster slipped through is equal? Interesting, considering tis isn't the first time ISU has done it this year. And you pick a walk on who will probably never see the field as your argument...even more interesting.

Give credit to Niang though.  The camera showed him over congratulating the coach after they lost.  Bad game for Niang and he's a little more cocky than I prefer, but classy move on his part.
I did gain a little bit more respect for him but let's not pat him on the back too much for doing what you are supposed to do.

Shaking hands is overrated, and it's not necessary. There are plenty of reasons to hate ISU but that's a rather lame one.

I have heard that there is no formal handshake line after football games. Can anyone confirm this?

I was ecstatic to see the Blazers pull it off. But one tweet by Bill Plaschke saying "Many" Iowa State players walk off... to fit his agenda, doesn't mean that this is a classless bunch of players. We don't know what really happened. Maybe they went through the line real quick and missed some UAB players while they were celebrating. Who really cares?

Ask any coach or player and they'll tell you Georges is as high class as they come. Some people need to get thicker skin. The blown kiss to the student section was actually kind of funny when you step back from things a bit. It's even funnier bringing it back up when they lose to UAB.

The only player that seems to have character issues on that team is BDJ. The other guys seem to have a pretty good head on their shoulders.

Anyways... Go Hawks!

They don't shake hands in the NBA? They just walk off the floor.

Actually there are some states that want to ban the post-game handshake and rather replace it with a pre-game handshake in high school. I don't know if I agree with it, but it seems like more and more players are just walking off without showing sportsmanship towards the other team.

Our coaches made us run wind sprints one year because we didn't shake hands with the other team. They beat us on a last second buzzer beater and their crowd stormed the court, so our team just left. The coach told us to stand there and watch them celebrate and think about how we played? We just though we could leave, so we got to run extra in practice the next day and every time after that if we lost we had to stand there and watch the other team celebrate. Our coach was a prick.

Given ISU's penchant for flipping people off when upset I'm happy they just walked off. As long as they win nothing else matters anymore. Heartland values for this storied heartland "program".

There is no formal hand shake line after football games like there is in basketball, you dolt.

There is no formal hand shake line after football games like there is in basketball, you dolt.

Fg86 thinks college football players line up and shake hands after games, and then their moms hand out cookies and juice boxes!!!
eek.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT