ADVERTISEMENT

As we head into the post-season....

drh1150

HR MVP
Jan 11, 2003
Looked up the South Carolina box score.

Remarkable that we pulled this off.
Marshall with 1 shot and Martin with 5.
Can't remember but Monica must have been been in foul trouble.
Almost half as many rebounds.
And of course, 31 shots from CC.
So. Carolina shot poorly from 3 and Boston only 2 FG's.
Undefeated no more.
What a game.

Looked up the South Carolina box score.

Remarkable that we pulled this off.
Marshall with 1 shot and Martin with 5.
Can't remember but Monica must have been been in foul trouble.
Almost half as many rebounds.
And of course, 31 shots from CC.
So. Carolina shot poorly from 3 and Boston only 2 FG's.
Undefeated no more.
What a game.

As I’ve been saying we are a way better, more well rounded team this year. Martin, Stuelke, Davis & Affolter are 2 to 3 times the players they were last year.

We beat South Carolina shooting 30% from beyond the arc. That is amazing! Are we sure this really happened?

South Carolina is an extremely interesting matchup for us and us for them…

Looking at those stats, I would’ve never honestly believed we won that game, but we clearly played very good defense, & they shot abysmally.

Here’s the thing: they have plenty of depth and plenty of size, but the truth is they will not be able to run up and down the court with our team…

And we will struggle in the half court versus them…

But the things that I like are this; we have 5 girls that know spacing and shoot the rock pretty well. 6 if you count Davis getting back & 7 if you count Taylor McCabe getting more playing time but some of that’s going to be on her… I know there are a lot of guys on here in love with her, but I’m not the only one that sees her lack of continuity with the defense and offense both.

I love the fact that we are a quick & versatile team and I think that is one of the primary reasons why we’re a better defensive and rebounding team. We are semi position less. We have multiple people that will bring the ball up the court and set our offense.

And we have multiple girls we will run back cuts with and screen & rolls and multiple girls who can make that pass…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT