ADVERTISEMENT

Ashley Hinson proposes a bill to ease the truck driver shortage.

lucas80

HR King
Gold Member
Jan 30, 2008
Hinson's bill would allow 18-20 year old drivers across state lines. Younger, less experienced drivers doesn't seem like the best answer.
There are few things I trust an 18-20 year old to do, and driving 80,000 pounds of truck and cargo down the road while scrolling through their social media feed is one of them.
https://www.kcrg.com/2023/12/13/rep-hinson-proposes-bill-help-with-trucker-shortage/
You trust them to vote, go to war for you, and change their gender permanently. What’s the harm driving tons of crap made in China down the highway?

A few short years ago wasn’t there a Dem candidate warning all truckers need to figure out a new line of work? What ever happened to the Yang Gang?

When she was at the CR tv station, the staff there generally regarded her as a fluff head

I don’t believe there is a shortage. I have a relative who’s a long-haul driver and freight rates are way down because of the glut. Trucking companies are going under pretty regularly this year.
This. The trucker buddies I have are all really low on work. Lucky for them they had a good 4-5 year run where they were stacking cash. They own their own trucks.

Hinson appears to be "piggy backing" with Dim Kim's desire to eliminate any labor shortage with simply lowering age requirements for certain professions.

Kind of resembles putting a band aid on a broken arm.

Here's an idea...Agree to immigration reform and allow legal immigrants to fill these jobs?

Oh, wait...those would be Brown people!

Hinson appears to be "piggy backing" with Dim Kim's desire to eliminate any labor shortage with simply lowering age requirements for certain professions.

Kind of resembles putting a band aid on a broken arm.

Here's an idea...Agree to immigration reform and allow legal immigrants to fill these jobs?

Oh, wait...those would be Brown people!
There is a degree of truth to this. There is a labor shortage in Iowa...just walk around and open your eyes. Employers are losing control because of it. This is not a Dem/Repubbers thing as much as it is human nature. The threat of losing your job...and not being able to walk across the street to find another one, is an important ingredient in worker attendance and production. Worker attendance and production are two basics that employers need to run a business successfully.

What happened to E-lunatic's cyber semis? Seems safe to have giant unmanned semis to me.

18-year-olds are already driving semis in every state in America. They just aren’t allowed to cross state lines, which is what this bill would change. Is there something mystical about crossing a state line that we need to keep the 18-year-olds from doing it?

Hinson's bill would allow 18-20 year old drivers across state lines. Younger, less experienced drivers doesn't seem like the best answer.
There are few things I trust an 18-20 year old to do, and driving 80,000 pounds of truck and cargo down the road while scrolling through their social media feed is one of them.
https://www.kcrg.com/2023/12/13/rep-hinson-proposes-bill-help-with-trucker-shortage/
They can cut their junk off at 8, but they can't drive a truck at 18?? Wild.....

18-year-olds are already driving semis in every state in America. They just aren’t allowed to cross state lines, which is what this bill would change. Is there something mystical about crossing a state line that we need to keep the 18-year-olds from doing it?

Of couse not.

A republican is trying to do this, which is why they are shitting all over it.

I don’t believe there is a shortage. I have a relative who’s a long-haul driver and freight rates are way down because of the glut. Trucking companies are going under pretty regularly this year.

All can be true.

While freight is down, companies are always looking for drivers.

think about it...
Think about what? How nonsensical it is that every state in America allows 18-year-olds to get a CDL and drive a semi but the federal government won’t allow any of them to cross a state line?

I mean, if we’re concerned about them driving long haul then place restrictions on how far from their home base they’re allowed to drive. Or how many hours or how many miles they’re allowed to drive per day.

But as the law stands right now, an 18 year old can get a CDL in Illinois and drive back and forth between Moline and Chicago, but they can’t haul a load from Moline to Davenport.

Please make that make sense for me, because I’m unable to make it make sense.

Think about what? How nonsensical it is that every state in America allows 18-year-olds to get a CDL and drive a semi but the federal government won’t allow any of them to cross a state line?

I mean, if we’re concerned about them driving long haul then place restrictions on how far from their home base they’re allowed to drive. Or how many hours or how many miles they’re allowed to drive per day.

But as the law stands right now, an 18 year old can get a CDL in Illinois and drive back and forth between Moline and Chicago, but they can’t haul a load from Moline to Davenport.

Please make that make sense for me, because I’m unable to make it make sense.
Personally I would be hesitant to allow 18 year olds period drive semi.

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety shared statistics with CNN from a University of Michigan study indicating a 500% increase in injury crashes for truck drivers younger than 21 compared to truck drivers overall.

Personally I would be hesitant to allow 18 year olds period drive semi.
They. Already. Are.

You say that like it’s some hypothetical concept. Every state already allows 18-year-olds to obtain a CDL and drive a semi. There are 18-year-olds driving semis at this very moment in every state in America.

The only thing that would change with Hinson’s proposal is that they would be allowed to cross state lines.

They. Already. Are.

You say that like it’s some hypothetical concept. Every state already allows 18-year-olds to obtain a CDL and drive a semi. There are 18-year-olds driving semis at this very moment in every state in America.

The only thing that would change with Hinson’s proposal is that they would be allowed to cross state lines.
I never said it was hypothetical. I said that studies show 18 years are far more dangerous behind the wheel. So in that light I would be in favor of more restrictions not less.

Reactions: joelbc1
I never said it was hypothetical. I said that studies show 18 years are far more dangerous behind the wheel. So in that light I would be in favor of more restrictions not less.
Are there any studies showing they're more dangerous driving from Moline to Davenport than from Moline to Chicago? Because right now it's legal for them to do the latter but not the former.

What is inherently more dangerous about crossing a state line than driving all day within the state borders?

Or do you propose that we ban all 18-20 year olds from driving semis nationwide?

Most 18 year olds are still more responsible and reliable than your useless Marxist aids ridden self.

• Haha
Reactions: Wendy79
Are there any studies showing they're more dangerous driving from Moline to Davenport than from Moline to Chicago? Because right now it's legal for them to do the latter but not the former.

What is inherently more dangerous about crossing a state line than driving all day within the state borders?

Or do you propose that we ban all 18-20 year olds from driving semis nationwide?
T he s study indicates “they” are more dangerous as drivers….period!
How phuquin’ difficult is that to understand?

Reactions: Huey Grey
T he s study indicates “they” are more dangerous as drivers….period!
How phuquin’ difficult is that to understand?
So is it your opinion that we should ban 18-20 year olds from driving semis nationwide?

So is it your opinion that we should ban 18-20 year olds from driving semis nationwide?
I really don’t care… but there are folks (bean counters) who might… but the numbers are the numbers…you wanna argue?
And I guess I think it’s a good idea to place limits on these inexperienced drivers. Someone under 21 is just a kid.

I really don’t care… but there are folks (bean counters) who might… but the numbers are the numbers…you wanna argue?
And I guess I think it’s a good idea to place limits on these inexperienced drivers. Someone under 21 is just a kid.

But why is the limit the state line?

No limits inside a state. But they can’t cross the state line.

Admit it, you don’t like the idea because Hinson is proposing it.

Ashley has probably NEVER been inside a simi truck.
Hmm, she has kind of an ex-lot lizard look about her.

I bet she's slurped some chrome out at Walcott, if you know what I mean.

B
IMG-0292.webp

• Haha
Reactions: drew_hawk
Hmm, she has kind of an ex-lot lizard look about her.

I bet she's slurped some chrome out at Walcott, if you know what I mean.

B
IMG-0292.webp
I was starting to worry that this thread wasn't going to contain the overt misogyny that normally accompanies Ashley Hinson threads.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT