ADVERTISEMENT

Austin Ash returning and on scholarship

Ash never has cracked the rotation, but the 6-foot-3 Cedar Rapids native has made some wild 3-point shots, mostly in mop-up duty, but his range is quite impressive.

Ash is known for cheering enthusiastically from the Iowa bench during games. His teammates seem to feed off his energy and support, and will now have another season to play with Ash.

Holy Crap! I think this makes Iowa a BIG championship and Final Four contender now. Great Job recruiting and getting us to the next level, Fran!! Give him another extension.

I hope he takes Conners place....not hard to do....score a couple baskets and play a tad bit of defense and he'd already be better starter.

4cb879144918d.preview-300.jpg

Happy for Austin! Does anyone actually think Fran was going to bring in another player? No. Get over it, this roster is set.
Do not be certain here. CJF F'd us when Calipari offered him a scholarship....
It takes TIME to develop a relationship. Fran is playing catchup. If there is a player that is good enough and the right fit, he'll take them.

There is still a chance. But thanks to CJF, we are waaay behind the 8 ball in recruiting and establishing a relationship

Last edited:
Reactions: mstp1992
I recently listened a Locked On Hawkeyes(hope it is OK to mention that) podcast with Patrick Mccaffery being interviewed. The host asked PMac who would win a 3 pt shooting contest between JBo and Austin Ash. He put his money on Ash. Interesting...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT