ADVERTISEMENT

Is today a good day to see how deep a team we have

Hawksfinal4

HR MVP
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2020
Hopefully we get a good start and early lead and play a bit more minutes of Josh O. , Riley Mulvey, Payton Sandfort , JoeT, A Ullis, even Austin Ash. I’m picturing the Hawks playing 3 games in 3 days. All depends on how well the starters can come out focused and put pedal to the medal on both ends of the court to start the game. Welcoming all thoughts

Hopefully we get a good start and early lead and play a bit more minutes of Josh O. , Riley Mulvey, Payton Sandfort , JoeT, A Ullis, even Austin Ash. I’m picturing the Hawks playing 3 games in 3 days. All depends on how well the starters can come out focused and put pedal to the medal on both ends of the court to start the game. Welcoming all thoughts
I'm picturing the Hawks playing 4 games in 4 days, myself.

And yes, the preferred outcome today would be building and maintaining a big comfortable lead so that end of the bench guys get more time than usual to let the starters and first 3-4 guys off the bench get some rest going into tomorrow and rest of the weekend.

If we can run 10 deep, tournament time is the perfect place to showcase.

Noticed Illinois only played 6 in our last game.

Just hope the guys aren't looking past the Mildcats just because we crushed them last time. Would truly suck to flame out early this year.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Just hope the guys aren't looking past the Mildcats just because we crushed them last time. Would truly suck to flame out early this year.

Meltdown index here on the forum would be historic...

giphy.gif

Josh, Mulvey, aren’t really ready to contribute much as was pretty evident I think. I was looking forward to just seeing a little of what they can bring, but this isn’t the year for either of them. Josh has his strength and Riley has imo a big upside but should be a high school senior so he’s got lots of growth get yet. but yeah without Rebraca we’d have been in a real tough spot and not going to the Tournament this year. Team has lots of good things going forward but Riley and Josh have lots of work to do before next year

Reactions: DewHawk
Hopefully we get a good start and early lead and play a bit more minutes of Josh O. , Riley Mulvey, Payton Sandfort , JoeT, A Ullis, even Austin Ash. I’m picturing the Hawks playing 3 games in 3 days. All depends on how well the starters can come out focused and put pedal to the medal on both ends of the court to start the game.
You called it. Emptied the bench for most of the fourth quarter with everybody getting into the scoring column. No pressure on Iowa after the first five minutes, so the Hawkeyes just had a 40-minute shoot-around in preparation for tomorrow's revenge on Rutgers. Except the stats counted. LOL

Reactions: hoffmkr
Josh, Mulvey, aren’t really ready to contribute much as was pretty evident I think. I was looking forward to just seeing a little of what they can bring, but this isn’t the year for either of them. Josh has his strength and Riley has imo a big upside but should be a high school senior so he’s got lots of growth get yet. but yeah without Rebraca we’d have been in a real tough spot and not going to the Tournament this year. Team has lots of good things going forward but Riley and Josh have lots of work to do before next year
Maybe. I'm not convinced that one of them would not have stepped up more had they been called upon to do so. Josh has his moments, and I think he may have actually been a better option especially against Illinois, at least defensively. Water under the bridge at this point....

Last edited:
I'm picturing the Hawks playing 4 games in 4 days, myself.

And yes, the preferred outcome today would be building and maintaining a big comfortable lead so that end of the bench guys get more time than usual to let the starters and first 3-4 guys off the bench get some rest going into tomorrow and rest of the weekend.
I don't wanna say I called it.

But I kinda called it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT