ADVERTISEMENT

Auto Painting Des Moines

SSG T

HR Legend
Jul 10, 2002
So, kind of a weird question, but...

My wife's car needs a new bumper cover. I can get a primered one shipped for around $100, but I can't find one that's already painted that will ship (there's one in Irving, TX that's pickup only). Does anyone know of a good paint shop in Central Iowa that will paint an individual part?

I've contacted 3 or 4 places, but they will only do vehicles or parts you buy from them, and they don't have what I need.

My wife's car needs a new bumper cover. I can get a primered one shipped for around $100, but I can't find one that's already painted that will ship (there's one in Irving, TX that's pickup only). Does anyone know of a good paint shop in Central Iowa that will paint an individual part?

I've contacted 3 or 4 places, but they will only do vehicles or parts you buy from them, and they don't have what I need.

I've got a buddy in Boone that I trust to do you right.

Reactions: SSG T

That’s odd that you can’t find a body shop to spray your bumper. A light sanding and $50 dollars in paint from the paint code on your door would be fast money. Bumpers don’t even have to match that well compared to panels.

That’s odd that you can’t find a body shop to spray your bumper. A light sanding and $50 dollars in paint from the paint code on your door would be fast money. Bumpers don’t even have to match that well compared to panels.

The couple I heard from that would do parts, wouldn't paint customer provided parts. They would acquire them, then paint. I asked one for the cost of what I needed, he quoted me $350 just for the part, then another $150 for paint. I can order the part from the manufacturer for $120.

I got a quote to have a bumper cover and hood painted and it was between 6 and 700 bucks. That was with me supplying the parts.

I got a quote to have a bumper cover and hood painted and it was between 6 and 700 bucks. That was with me supplying the parts.

3 bucks

35YJ86_AS02

Well I’m guessing it’s because they are busy beings no one wants to be in the auto repair business anymore and them painting the bumper you purchased would be a huge waste of their time with very little profit.

Well I’m guessing it’s because they are busy beings no one wants to be in the auto repair business anymore and them painting the bumper you purchased would be a huge waste of their time with very little profit.

Top and Body will do the work for a Hawkeye fan ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT