ADVERTISEMENT

Ayala

Cruo

HR MVP
Jul 12, 2004
Didn't see anyone talking about this in any other posts. Thoughts on Ayala being announced alongside Ybarra during the handshakes as the possible 125#? He was warming up before the dual as well. Are TnT signaling that Ayala could be manning 125 shortly, or were they just messing with ISU?

Didn't see anyone talking about this in any other posts. Thoughts on Ayala being announced alongside Ybarra during the handshakes as the possible 125#? He was warming up before the dual as well. Are TnT signaling that Ayala could be manning 125 shortly, or were they just messing with ISU?
Probably just getting him used to weighing in and being on the bench in that environment. Getting used to the process. They’ve done that with other freshman in the past as well.

The only way you see Ayala this year is if Spencer is done. They aren't burning his redshirt for dual meets we don't need to win 125 in order to win a dual. That would be a monumentally bad Coaching decision and likely wouldn't sit well with Ayala.

I am glad they did it though. It's a great spot for getting him used to the process and environment. Sebolt Acamedy just up the road, prize in-state recruit wearing Black and Gold, etc.

I truly believe there was an ulterior motive with Brands having Ayala announced in the lineup.

If you remember, Ayala was the #1 target for Dresser in last year's recruiting class. Drake, while in high school, trained regularly in Ames during his senior year in high school. KD likely thought he had a big advantage with Ayala in his back yard.

Trotting DA out there last nite was just rubbing salt in the wound and reminding lil bro that the Hawks get the pick of the litter when it comes to the Iowa high schoolers.

I've been on the run lately and not up to speed. Has Brands given any timetable at all on Spencer Lee return? Kemerer?

No need to filet me with a negative attack saying it's been discussed - just a curios fan. who doesn't want to dissect the board. Thanks

Reactions: Scruddy
I've been on the run lately and not up to speed. Has Brands given any timetable at all on Spencer Lee return? Kemerer?

No need to filet me with a negative attack saying it's been discussed - just a curios fan. who doesn't want to dissect the board. Thanks
Nope. To be fair I don't think he would ever do that. Assad was clearly hurt last year right but have we ever had any confirmation?

Dresser has a supreme envy of Iowa and his post meet presser proved it.

Brands has taken Dresser’s top target in the last two recruiting cycles when you include Riggins in the 2022 class.

Brands flaunting it must burn KD.

I have not heard, however, the fact they weighed in yesterday is a positive sign. That usually signals they are close to ready. Either that or Tom was trolling Dresser.

Dresser has a supreme envy of Iowa and his post meet presser proved it.

Brands has taken Dresser’s top target in the last two recruiting cycles when you include Riggins in the 2022 class.

Brands flaunting it must burn KD.
Dresser going off about how they made us play our ace in Warner and they beat our ace was a laugh. We could have forfeited 197 and still one. Such an 🍊🤡.

I truly believe there was an ulterior motive with Brands having Ayala announced in the lineup.

If you remember, Ayala was the #1 target for Dresser in last year's recruiting class. Drake, while in high school, trained regularly in Ames during his senior year in high school. KD likely thought he had a big advantage with Ayala in his back yard.

Trotting DA out there last nite was just rubbing salt in the wound and reminding lil bro that the Hawks get the pick of the litter when it comes to the Iowa high schoolers.
That is my thought as well. No reason to have him announced as the OR and shake hands just to experience weigh-ins and warm-ups before a big dual. He could have done that without the introduction. Had to be a little bit of rubbing it in going on.

Reactions: MitchLL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT