ADVERTISEMENT

Quarterfinal matches most looking forward to-

CatCoach

HR All-State
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
125 - Ayala of course. Spratley (Okie St) has had two good wins so far. Close match in dual

Davis (PSU) v. Figueroa (ASU) - Fig has looked tough so far, can he do it? I think Davis is first #1 to go down this weekend.

133 - Vito (COR) v. Orine (NCSt) - I think this match could possibly be a 10-9 type match!! Hoping these guys let it fly like I think they will.

141 - Woods v McNeil (UNC) I think Woods gets early TD and riding time and hangs on to win 5-4

149 - Lovet (NE) v. Swiderski (ISU) these two don't seem to back down from anyone, see Vito v. Orine above

157 - Franek v. Teemer (ASU) hopefully Franek can get that first ankle pick TD and hold on to win. Franek has superior defense but I fear holding on for a win is going to bite him soon. Be nice to get 2 TD's and build a lead. Jared seems to do better with unfamiliar opponents

Andonian (VT) v. Scott (COR) could be a 12 - 12 match!!!

165 - Caleindo v. Ramirez (COR) I think this match will be high scoring as well and hopefully that favors Mike!

Hamiti (WI) v. Carr (ISU) wow I think Carr wins but 165 has some studs in it.

174 - Lewis (VT) v. Starocci (PSU) - this is the one that all fans will be waiting to see. Star going for his fourth but definitely not 100%. Can Mekhi finish the deal. Star is a gamer and wont go down easily. If Lewis does pull it off that certainly helps Kennedy on the backside. I think Lewis wins it.

184 - ?? Bathroom I like Keck (UNI) but 184 is weakest weight in my opinion.

197 - Brooks (PSU) v. Buchanan (OU) Brooks looks unbeatable

HWT - Davidson (MI) v. Bastida (ISU) love the way the HWTs are scoring points, looking forward to semis, but can Davidson score upset? Bastida is looking like he could challenge Kerk?

125 - Ayala of course. Spratley (Okie St) has had two good wins so far. Close match in dual

Davis (PSU) v. Figueroa (ASU) - Fig has looked tough so far, can he do it? I think Davis is first #1 to go down this weekend.

133 - Vito (COR) v. Orine (NCSt) - I think this match could possibly be a 10-9 type match!! Hoping these guys let it fly like I think they will.

141 - Woods v McNeil (UNC) I think Woods gets early TD and riding time and hangs on to win 5-4

149 - Lovet (NE) v. Swiderski (ISU) these two don't seem to back down from anyone, see Vito v. Orine above

157 - Franek v. Teemer (ASU) hopefully Franek can get that first ankle pick TD and hold on to win. Franek has superior defense but I fear holding on for a win is going to bite him soon. Be nice to get 2 TD's and build a lead. Jared seems to do better with unfamiliar opponents

Andonian (VT) v. Scott (COR) could be a 12 - 12 match!!!

165 - Caleindo v. Ramirez (COR) I think this match will be high scoring as well and hopefully that favors Mike!

Hamiti (WI) v. Carr (ISU) wow I think Carr wins but 165 has some studs in it.

174 - Lewis (VT) v. Starocci (PSU) - this is the one that all fans will be waiting to see. Star going for his fourth but definitely not 100%. Can Mekhi finish the deal. Star is a gamer and wont go down easily. If Lewis does pull it off that certainly helps Kennedy on the backside. I think Lewis wins it.

184 - ?? Bathroom I like Keck (UNI) but 184 is weakest weight in my opinion.

197 - Brooks (PSU) v. Buchanan (OU) Brooks looks unbeatable

HWT - Davidson (MI) v. Bastida (ISU) love the way the HWTs are scoring points, looking forward to semis, but can Davidson score upset? Bastida is looking like he could challenge Kerk?
Good list! I have Watters at 149 winning the whole thing, keep an eye on him vs Henson, also crookham and Bailey should be a good one. The quaters are always filled with awesome matches

Last edited:
Reactions: CatCoach
I favor Iowa in all but 165 which I think is still a winnable match and the best possible quarter draw he could have had.

Teemer has not impressed me so far this tournament. I think franek takes him out.

Reactions: Bobhaywood
All 4 quarterfinal matches for the Hawks are winnable. Same with the consi matches to start the day. I would love to see the Hawks go 4-0 in the quarters and 5-0 in the consis. I think 8-1 in round one is more realistic, but is very doable. Getting all four thru on the championship side would be huge for the team race and as good as you could have hoped for after session 1 from the Hawks.

Reactions: js8793 and tiltman
I favor Iowa in all but 165 which I think is still a winnable match and the best possible quarter draw he could have had.

Teemer has not impressed me so far this tournament. I think franek takes him out.
That's kind of just the way Teemer wrestles. I definitely think Franek can win though.

Ditto on Plott/Truax. Plus, I think Davison/Bastida will be telling.

Match Not to Watch - Mesenbrink/Amine.
I don’t remember Michigan wrestling being like it has this year. It seems they just hold on fight to go to OT before they shoot or go to ride outs and win. I guess it works for some of them but damn it is frustrating to watch

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT