ADVERTISEMENT

Baby names

May 26, 2007
http://www.livescience.com/50783-most-popular-baby-names-charlotte-announced.html

I'm sure a bunch of you have already named your boy "Liam" after that weak Irish actor who, and I'm not sure how, remade himself into a geriatric action star. Little Liam and his brothers Cayden and Braden, though, are not as disconcerting as this:

As part of her analysis, Wattenberg tracks baby names that spike in popularity but don't show up on the Social Security Administration's lists. She said the fastest-rising boy's name in 2014, Gannon, comes from the TV show "Teen Mom."

Gannon. So, you've named your progeny after the last boss in The Legend of Zelda. Or, perhaps, it was named after this jamoke.
200px-Rich.Gannon.jpg

I'm sure some of you Eisensteins have already seen the latest Avengers movie three or four times and fall into another group of mouth-breathers:

Another pattern Wattenberg sees is a rise in what she calls "turbo-charged names" for boys. "You have to picture where you'd find the overlap between a skateboard brand and a baby name," she said. "It's a trend that's brewing that I think is really going to astonish people."

Some of these fast-rising names include Axl, Hendrix, Ace, Titan, Legend and Royal, Wattenberg said.

White people its Gannon and Titan
Black people its La'da'saown and Ka'Lisea

Both are equally stupid

Reactions: dgordo
Anybody who names their son with an "en" sound at the end and spells it "yn" deserve to never have another kid. Hate this so much.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
Whatever happen good Christian names. If these parents named they're boys some of these names thirty years ago. They would have came home with a black eye.

Starts thread about names but used an outdated designator from the Phonetic alphabet....unless you like chitty bands from the turn.

I think parents really take a chance when they pick a unique name for their kid. I read the other day that there is a three-year-old named Isis and the parents are considering changing the name.

The best bet for a kid is just to stick with the common names.

I saw in one of the local papers at the beginning of this year that someone named their kid Isis.

http://www.livescience.com/50783-most-popular-baby-names-charlotte-announced.html

I'm sure a bunch of you have already named your boy "Liam" after that weak Irish actor who, and I'm not sure how, remade himself into a geriatric action star. Little Liam and his brothers Cayden and Braden, though, are not as disconcerting as this:

As part of her analysis, Wattenberg tracks baby names that spike in popularity but don't show up on the Social Security Administration's lists. She said the fastest-rising boy's name in 2014, Gannon, comes from the TV show "Teen Mom."

Gannon. So, you've named your progeny after the last boss in The Legend of Zelda. Or, perhaps, it was named after this jamoke.
200px-Rich.Gannon.jpg

I'm sure some of you Eisensteins have already seen the latest Avengers movie three or four times and fall into another group of mouth-breathers:

Another pattern Wattenberg sees is a rise in what she calls "turbo-charged names" for boys. "You have to picture where you'd find the overlap between a skateboard brand and a baby name," she said. "It's a trend that's brewing that I think is really going to astonish people."

Some of these fast-rising names include Axl, Hendrix, Ace, Titan, Legend and Royal, Wattenberg said.

These names will be helpful for them in prison. People will know they are hard.

Friends of ours named their two boys Liam and Noah (they're both in their late teens now). They wanted them to have less common first names because their last name is Smith. Noah was barely in the top 40 most popular names when he was born and Liam isn't on the chart. So now they have two boys with the most common last name in the country paired with the two most popular first names. Trendsetters, I guess.

Seeing this made me think of this carlin bit. NSFW. My wife and I named our boy Edward (Eddie), because of this video.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT