ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Coaching

Mar 14, 2003
Well the 1st half you are up 35-7 and in cruise control. I understand at that point wanting to get out of there with a W and NO injuries. I even understand putting in the 2nd team in the early 4th when it was 42-14. However, the play calling for the 2nd team with 11-12 minutes left was disgraceful. We gave those guys zero chance to succeed. It was almost as if they had it made up to punt before they even ran a play.

The defense, yes the pass defense sucked but we have got to do something to get pressure on the QB. We saw wrinkled last year with the raider/radar package and even blitzes. This year it's like we are back to the pressure with the front four only and it is NOT working.

KF needs to learn to put the hammer down and not be afraid to beat a team 60-14 instead of trying to escape with a W.

Do you need a tissue?

JFC people. Iowa dominated this game. I am no Ferentz apologist as he certainly as his downside. But the guy simply can't win with some of you.

I do actually, my allergies are killing me.
This team was/is in a serious funk. Rolling a poor team like Purdue was exactly what we needed. Shut it down too soon and play calling for the 2nd team was horrendous. Talk about putting a 2nd team in a position to fail.

I do actually, my allergies are killing me.
This team was/is in a serious funk. Rolling a poor team like Purdue was exactly what we needed. Shut it down too soon and play calling for the 2nd team was horrendous. Talk about putting a 2nd team in a position to fail.

LOL.

With Iowas 2nd team in, idiot. This place is too much man.
I did not realize that our 2nd team "doesn't count" in what they do. Last I looked, they were part of the team. Our 2nd team was dominated. Idiot.

The OP said nothing that wasn't accurate.
Some complained we didn't put in backups earlier in the year, now complaints that we do.....maybe next time he puts in 4 subs at a time....damned if you do damned if you don't.
After watching kittle, croston and another OL hobble to locker room. Seeing wadley hobbling a bit, certainly don't blame them....2's gotta play better and still got W

Yeah by a big ten 1st team, so there is that[/QUOTE

Purdue. Not really B10 royalty. If Iowa... 1st team, 2nd team... mix of both actually, gets rolled by them like they did in the 2nd half, does not bode well. But keep on thinking we are great.

They scored 35.
yes they did, I tried too hard to block out that last crappy TD they scored. Even more points for the team we 'dominated'. But hey, a win is a win. Two weeks from now, nobody cares about anything but a W,

You only need to complain about it 900 more times before it gets old.
You mean like a Hawk fan who would have complained about either decision (play the backups or don't)? I used to think Iowa had good fans and then the internet was invented.

You mean like a Hawk fan who would have complained about either decision (play the backups or don't)? I used to think Iowa had good fans and then the internet was invented.
If you think the internet is bad, I have good news: surfing the web in VR will soon be a thing.

Exactly. You guys are too funny. Do you guys seriously think momentum going forward was lost by our 2nd teamers giving up a few meaningless TDs? What a joke
Iowa also gave up over 500 yards....that is not good against a bottom feeder....even with second stringers.

Do you need a tissue?

JFC people. Iowa dominated this game. I am no Ferentz apologist as he certainly as his downside. But the guy simply can't win with some of you.

Dominated for a portion. With several minutes left we were one onside kick and one touchdown away from being in a one possession game.

That my friend is poor game management considering we were up 35-7 at one point. You can't deny that.

Dominated for a portion. With several minutes left we were one onside kick and one touchdown away from being in a one possession game.

That my friend is poor game management considering we were up 35-7 at one point. You can't deny that.

The 28-27 loss to Northwestern in 2005? Always reminds me of this. Iowa was up 27-14 with what? 1:50 left? NW scores to make it 27-21 then recovers and onside kick and scores with like 2 seconds left to win 28-27. This was after Albert Young had dominated.

If you think the internet is bad, I have good news: surfing the web in VR will soon be a thing.
Will I be able to surf a VR where Iowa fans aren't committed to being unnecessarily miserable or will it be the same internet in my glasses?

Iowa's offense was outscored 28-7 in the second half. Make of it what you will. As for me, I would agree with those who find that ludicrous and unacceptable, especially so since that's been KF's modus operandi his entire career. The man never learns, last season notwithstanding. And the facts clearly demonstrate that.

Iowa's offense was outscored 28-7 in the second half. Make of it what you will. As for me, I would agree with those who find that ludicrous and unacceptable, especially so since that's been KF's modus operandi his entire career. The man never learns, last season notwithstanding. And the facts clearly demonstrate that.
How can this be true... as we dominated them?

I don't think you'll have to worry. A society that is becoming too politically correct is fast approaching.
This has nothing to do with "politically correct." It's about being sane and reasonable. Pausing to think. Having a clue rather than reacting with mania. It's not about celebrating Columbus Day.

Ludicrous and unacceptable to win going away? Did you shit your pants in the 4th q or something?

Ludicrous and unacceptable to win going away? Did you shit your pants in the 4th q or something?
we were not even close to winning going away. That implies the offense did something, which they did not much of the second half, other than run up the middle and punt from the 33 multiple times. we pretty much hung on and thanked the D for the final 7.

Reactions: BigHawksFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT