ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Coaching

we were not even close to winning going away. That implies the offense did something, which they did not much of the second half, other than run up the middle and punt from the 33 multiple times. we pretty much hung on and thanked the D for the final 7.
No, we did win going away. That's why we had an opportunity to play the 2nd team. They did not perform well.

Iowa's offense was outscored 28-7 in the second half. Make of it what you will. As for me, I would agree with those who find that ludicrous and unacceptable, especially so since that's been KF's modus operandi his entire career. The man never learns, last season notwithstanding. And the facts clearly demonstrate that.

This. Not the classic definition of 'winning going away'.

This. Not the classic definition of 'winning going away'.
I guess I don't see the problem with running clock in the second half when you are up by several possessions against a team who's offense hasn't really been successful. It became a two possession game when the backups on D allowed their offense to score quickly. I read a post where someone pointed out that Purdue was an onside kick and a score away from making it a one possession game. And it didn't happen. We suffered cosmetic damage in the box score. That's the risk when you play inexperienced guys.

No one can deny extra joy from a win for the fans like KF. Nobody.

I remember him frantically apologizing to this coach for a late game Beathard bootleg touchdown. Their coach saw this weakness coming and took advantage of it.

I guess I don't see the problem with running clock in the second half when you are up by several possessions against a team who's offense hasn't really been successful. It became a two possession game when the backups on D allowed their offense to score quickly. I read a post where someone pointed out that Purdue was an onside kick and a score away from making it a one possession game. And it didn't happen. We suffered cosmetic the damage in the box score. That's the risk when you play inexperienced guys.
I'd agree, running the clock was the thing to do. The problem is that every coach in the nation knows we are going to do that... run the ball. They load the box, we still try to push it up the middle, get stuffed, have a 3rd and 9, run again, and punt it after running 2 minutes off the clock. getting a first down or two is the key, it seems like we rarely do that. sometimes mixing it up is a good thing if your goal is to actually get a couple first downs and actually run time off of the clock. I know you risk incomplete passes and stopping the clock, but good teams complete some passes too. I don't see KF taking that 'risk'.

No one can deny extra joy from a win for the fans like KF. Nobody.

I remember him frantically apologizing to this coach for a late game Beathard bootleg touchdown. Their coach saw this weakness coming and took advantage of it.

IMO, the fans should have some responsibility for their enjoyment. A lot of our fans are determined to be miserable.

Okay dipshit, complain some more about an easy win because your sphincter needlessly tightened. Maybe post something folksy and insightful like "we've seen this movie before."
Hey retard, how about trying to find a single criticism I had of this win, shit-eating internet tough guy.

This is the same board who would have lost their minds if that starters stayed in the whole game and put up 60+, which they could have done today. I can hear it now. "How can you not play the backups in a game like this?". "Ferentz sucks! When in the hell are the backups going to get game experience?" " Ferentz is out of his mind leaving Beathard and co in a game like this!"

At this point, those who blindly defend Iowa aren't real Iowa fans. This team has problems on all levels, from coaches to players to the head of the AD himself. If you're a real fan, you need to swallow your pride and admit the faults of the program so we can become better.

If you don't well, you don't belong here. Because Iowa has some major major problems, specifically a 5 million dollar one.

At this point, those who blindly defend Iowa aren't real Iowa fans. This team has problems on all levels, from coaches to players to the head of the AD himself. If you're a real fan, you need to swallow your pride and admit the faults of the program so we can become better.

If you don't well, you don't belong here. Because Iowa has some major major problems, specifically a 5 million dollar one.
Yes, the program is in shambles because message board posters aren't whining after a win. :rolleyes:

The 28-27 loss to Northwestern in 2005? Always reminds me of this. Iowa was up 27-14 with what? 1:50 left? NW scores to make it 27-21 then recovers and onside kick and scores with like 2 seconds left to win 28-27. This was after Albert Young had dominated.
Sadly, I remember this game... and I was very drunk. Chad Greenway and the rest of the Iowa players were celebrating on the sidelines before NW came back. If you were a coach at that time and you don't understand putting your foot on the opponent's neck, you never will.

Hey retard, how about trying to find a single criticism I had of this win, shit-eating internet tough guy.

You responded to me being incredulous over the complaints and criticisms. Wasn't much of a leap to assume you agreed with those people. It's not being an internet tough guy to call you a dipshit when you respond sarcastically to a comment that was obviously tongue in cheek. I can't help you read.

IMO, the fans should have some responsibility for their enjoyment. A lot of our fans are determined to be miserable.
Of that, I have no doubt. I can't argue.

But let's face it, KF isn't the greatest facilitator to fan enjoyment at times. And it would take just the slightest tweaks to fix it. But he won't, lol.

I'm far more happy we won, than bummed KF denied the awesome blowout.

Reactions: doughuddl2
You responded to me being incredulous over the complaints and criticisms. Wasn't much of a leap to assume you agreed with those people. It's not being an internet tough guy to call you a dipshit when you respond sarcastically to a comment that was obviously tongue in cheek. I can't help you read.
Common sense would suggest that if something angers or annoys you as much as reading certain posts on a message board, then maybe it's best to take a break for a while. After lmao, I welcomed you to start educating us all on what you imply that you are so qualified to teach. Your response of choice was unrestrained angry BS.

Btw, it was an asinine leap of ignorance to assume that I agree with what people post just because I was urging you to not let the internet degrade your quality of life. And I was joking. I don't think you're tough. While I may not be as angry as you are, I did try to point out that maybe it was a little unnecessary to go full retard.

But you can't help people read? Well then that's at least one thing you aren't qualified to teach.

Yes, the program is in shambles because message board posters aren't whining after a win. :rolleyes:

If that's what you got from my post, you may want to revisit grade school reading comprehension. Jesus the users here are so stupid lmao

Winning going away? LOL What the hell game were YOU watching, Mr. Convenient? :rolleyes:

Iowa's offense was, I repeat, outscored 28-7 in the second half. If that's winning going away, well, there's no arguing with somebody's imagination. :D

Up 21-0 after 1st quarter, 35-7 at half...42-14 after 3rd quarter with 350+ rushing yards.....not overly worried.. winning on road in big ten is just fine by me. Anything can happen, Nebby lost here last year and almost lost to Indiana today. But hey, you just carry on negative Nancy

Iowa's offense was outscored 28-7 in the second half. Make of it what you will. As for me, I would agree with those who find that ludicrous and unacceptable, especially so since that's been KF's modus operandi his entire career. The man never learns, last season notwithstanding. And the facts clearly demonstrate that.
42-14 after 3rd quarter when starters were pulled, take a step off the ledge dude and relax. Big ten road win and dominated the game until 4th quarter, you know with our backups who got some valuable experience

Reactions: BigHawksFan
Saturday night... lots of drinking & comments. Hawks win a road game..... 2nd teams get experience.....still competing for the West.....

Hawks had a 4 TD lead...good time for the subs to play. Sometime down the road, a few of these guys will have to play when a game is on the line. Get them on tape and coach them up. I would imagine the coaches felt they would put forth a better effort.

Reactions: ZumaHawk
Riddle me this. Iowa got beat by Tennessee in the 2014 bowl game 45-28. On the surface that score looks like a competitive game. We all know it wasn't. This board collectively knows Iowa got crushed.

Why doesn't the same definition apply here? This game today was NEVER IN DOUBT.

Common sense would suggest that if something angers or annoys you as much as reading certain posts on a message board, then maybe it's best to take a break for a while. After lmao, I welcomed you to start educating us all on what you imply that you are so qualified to teach. Your response of choice was unrestrained angry BS.

Btw, it was an asinine leap of ignorance to assume that I agree with what people post just because I was urging you to not let the internet degrade your quality of life. And I was joking. I don't think you're tough. While I may not be as angry as you are, I did try to point out that maybe it was a little unnecessary to go full retard.

But you can't help people read? Well then that's at least one thing you aren't qualified to teach.
That was a beatdown and you're right. Apologies for being an ass to you.

Edit: I will stick up for my "educate" post. It was not sincere at the time and it doesn't appear to me to read as sincere now. I don't see how it can possibly read as arrogance.

Reactions: BigHawksFan
"unacceptable"
lol, how will all of you be able to live with it?

Winning going away? LOL What the hell game were YOU watching, Mr. Convenient? :rolleyes:

Iowa's offense was, I repeat, outscored 28-7 in the second half. If that's winning going away, well, there's no arguing with somebody's imagination. :D
I was factoring the context of the yards and points. That's not included in the box score. We beat Rutgers and Minnesota with 28 combined points. Poor offensive games for us which resulted in W's. We subbed our second string early in the 4th. We yanked them when they failed. They now have game experience and tape.

Well the 1st half you are up 35-7 and in cruise control. I understand at that point wanting to get out of there with a W and NO injuries. I even understand putting in the 2nd team in the early 4th when it was 42-14. However, the play calling for the 2nd team with 11-12 minutes left was disgraceful. We gave those guys zero chance to succeed. It was almost as if they had it made up to punt before they even ran a play.

The defense, yes the pass defense sucked but we have got to do something to get pressure on the QB. We saw wrinkled last year with the raider/radar package and even blitzes. This year it's like we are back to the pressure with the front four only and it is NOT working.

KF needs to learn to put the hammer down and not be afraid to beat a team 60-14 instead of trying to escape with a W.

There is something about not sticking their nose in it. The subs got to play versus a teams number one group and run the base plays. it was a win don't read to much into it.

That was a beatdown and you're right. Apologies for being an ass to you.

Edit: I will stick up for my "educate" post. It was not sincere at the time and it doesn't appear to me to read as sincere now. I don't see how it can possibly read as arrogance.
1wRtF9Y.gif

9tBM1Kf.gif

The Iowa game against Purdue. I was watching intently. Purdue never had a chance. It was a beatdown.

Hawks had a 4 TD lead...good time for the subs to play. Sometime down the road, a few of these guys will have to play when a game is on the line. Get them on tape and coach them up. I would imagine the coaches felt they would put forth a better effort.
and they'll learn more from the films than they did on the field.

Do you need a tissue?

JFC people. Iowa dominated this game. I am no Ferentz apologist as he certainly as his downside. But the guy simply can't win with some of you.
They dominated the first half. They tried to sneak out the back door in the second.

The OP said nothing that wasn't accurate.
I agree. These dumb shit KF apologists are what sucks. Head in the sand and happy to get 7 wins. Never aspire for more. Why is it not ok to question strategy? These guys want you to suck up to KF no matter what.

The 28-27 loss to Northwestern in 2005? Always reminds me of this. Iowa was up 27-14 with what? 1:50 left? NW scores to make it 27-21 then recovers and onside kick and scores with like 2 seconds left to win 28-27. This was after Albert Young had dominated.

I remember that game. Adam Shada had an interception that looked to seal the win but NW held us and scored the 14 points in the last 2 minutes. Worst loss till the fake punt Wisconsin game.

Reactions: mtown66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT