ADVERTISEMENT

Bank on it.

was the running back class really deep when he came out? Hard to imagine he was a 4th rounder.

He was the featured back only in his senior season, more yards that year than first 3 combined. Great season, not a lot to garner 1st or 2nd round consideration though

He also wasn't too good after contact...not really a tough between the tackles runner. Broke a lot of ankles...not too many tackles.

Agree, he was nimble on his ft, but compared to say a BarryS, he didn’t have the stiff arm, spins and leg power like Barry. Seemed like a one cut wonder who hit that cut as hard as he could, then get as much ground as possible.

I think people forget how fast he was because he ****ed up his hamstring and was slowed his senior year.

Brodell was fast but not faster than Banks. See the post above about the 4.28. That was a legit time that put him in rarified air. He didn't get run down from behind.
Of course, not as fast as Bower or McCarron, but fast by mortal standards.

Reactions: m.stoops2013
Brodell was fast but not faster than Banks. See the post above about the 4.28. That was a legit time that put him in rarified air. He didn't get run down from behind.
Of course, not as fast as Bower or McCarron, but fast by mortal standards.
Yeah, I wouldn't have put him above Banks, Dwight, Sanders or Powell, either. But, people who scoff at his speed don't know the whole story, I think.

was the running back class really deep when he came out? Hard to imagine he was a 4th rounder.
Yes and then major injuries when a pro could never stay healthy. He was on some podcast during the season explaining his career and what he was up to now.

Yeah, I wouldn't have put him above Banks, Dwight, Sanders or Powell, either. But, people who scoff at his speed don't know the whole story, I think.

I.dont scoff at Brodell. He had serious speed. I will always remember the game he played against Texas and his punt return against the Clowns. He gave great service to the Hawks. But he wasn't in a league with Banks in the speed/quickness category.

It’s a shame that Banks and Dwight never met on the track. They didn’t because Banks was probably the greatest soccer player to ever play for an Iowa high school.

Best RB I have ever watched in an Iowa uniform. I loved Green, but there was something electric about Tavian. Not good with contact but what does that matter if you can't catch him? :)

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
I.dont scoff at Brodell. He had serious speed. I will always remember the game he played against Texas and his punt return against the Clowns. He gave great service to the Hawks. But he wasn't in a league with Banks in the speed/quickness category.
Yeah, that wasn't directed at you, or anyone in particular. I'm just explaining why I made that point. I've seen a lot of people dismiss him as a legit speed guy.

I don’t recall anyone ever catching Greene from behind, either! If they did, I am pretty sure he would have dragged them into the end zone, anyway!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT