ADVERTISEMENT

Barrington on Bell

Barrington good on blitz and not so good on coverage. No Espenesa = no pressure.
mediocre to below average on both sides of the ball. Duncan is good FG kicker. looks
like a losing record in the cards. Concentrate on defending the $20 million lawsuit. Hopefully
Barta and Iowa lawyers better in court than last lawsuit when the two lesbians shook Iowa
athletics down for $2 million. KF ought to contribute his boys salary

Only 15 yards of depth to cover. How do we allow their primary target, who has eaten us up for 8 quarters now, to get wide open in the end zone on the most pivotal play of the game? Is the problem with our defensive scheme, execution or both?

I'm gonna go with execution. Frankly, it seemed to be lacking on both sides of the ball today. Especially in key moments.

I have always been a Phil Parker fan, but his lack of the attention to David Bell in this game cost us the win.

Along with all of the drive killing penalties and fumbles.

Reactions: Buckwatcher
He whiffed on the jam and the safety was too far to the middle of the field. I thought the safeties played way too deep most of the game.

He whiffed on the jam and the safety was too far to the middle of the field. I thought the safeties played way too deep most of the game.
Koerner, the closest safety, was right up behind the los, knowing Wade had Bell 1 on 1. I don't get what they were thinking there.

Reactions: mlb1399
I saw us line up in zone and blitz no one and knew we were screwed. Who seriously runs zone inside the ten yard line?

Why wasn’t a time-out called when it was realized we had a linebacker covering Bell? Shouldn’t a D Back be on him to have a chance?

I have always been a Phil Parker fan, but his lack of the attention to David Bell in this game cost us the win.

Along with all of the drive killing penalties and fumbles.
Goodson laporta ism smith etc

And we scored THREE points in the second half.

Reactions: Capeto
Another question? Why in the hell did we waste a time out on a third down and 19 yards? Take the GD 5 yards and save that time out for the end of the game!!!! They really need me in the press box to cut down on stupid play calling....

Iowa defenses just don’t do well when we can’t get a consistent pass rush with 4 players. Parker did a good job of dialing up some blitzes but I was really disappointed with our pass rush which gave them way too much time to throw yesterday. Couple that with an inconsistent offense that’s coughing up the ball and you play yourself right into a loss there.

Reactions: David1979
The most disappointing thing to me is how the Iowa defense multiple times in the fourth quarter over the last several years has given up long scoring drives, while putting no blitz packages together to help the front four who can't get the pressure they need on the QB.

Then, the Iowa offense has a chance to answer the score and win the game and fails.

Reactions: srams21 and mlb1399
Someone explain that one please.

Barrington is filling in where Djimon Colbert would have been. Regrettably, Wade is just a 5th year senior with little real PT but little quality talent behind him. I thought Wade would have transferred out by now. Iowa's LB corps seems weak right now.

Goodson laporta ism smith etc

And we scored THREE points in the second half.
ISM lol. He’s so overrated. Zero catches, and all he does is talk, get stupid penalties, etc. Thinks he’s so much better than he actually is.

I saw us line up in zone and blitz no one and knew we were screwed. Who seriously runs zone inside the ten yard line?
The same football genius who runs the ball off tackle with 14 seconds left in the half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT