ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Fans

Red Hills Nole

HR All-State
Mar 2, 2020
Valdosta, GA
A question for all baseball fans especially those with a longtime allegiance to a particular team. Would you support or oppose your team signing Trevor Bauer? Bauer is a unrestricted free agent and available at the MLB minimum of 720K with no compensation.
As a lifelong Braves fan I would not support doing it but less for his off-field issues than for the fact that I feel his on field behavior is IMHO not sufficiently team oriented.

I would take him in a cardinal uniform all day. Our starting five need a bump and he could be a great addition

I don’t know enough about him. But I bet he will get picked up by anybody that plays the franchise mode on the video game, even if it’s just to trade him.

A question for all baseball fans especially those with a longtime allegiance to a particular team. Would you support or oppose your team signing Trevor Bauer? Bauer is a unrestricted free agent and available at the MLB minimum of 720K with no compensation.
As a lifelong Braves fan I would not support doing it but less for his off-field issues than for the fact that I feel his on field behavior is IMHO not sufficiently team oriented.
I would not. Lifelong Cubs fan, season ticket holder and I started a Cubs podcast this summer. I would probably drop my tickets and maybe even the podcast if they signed Bauer (but not after a heated rant about it).

I would not. Lifelong Cubs fan, season ticket holder and I started a Cubs podcast this summer. I would probably drop my tickets and maybe even the podcast if they signed Bauer (but not after a heated rant about it).

Sure you would, just like I’m sure you threw a fit when Chapman was throwing smoke in the World Series

Reactions: nelly02
I really don't give a crap about what he did with that girl. Everything I know she was a willing participant and a Padresfan looking to set him up. Basically, she's a whore.

But that dude has had severe issues of blowing up in every clubhouse he's been in. Pass for that reason.

Reactions: Red Hills Nole
Sure you would, just like I’m sure you threw a fit when Chapman was throwing smoke in the World Series
I absolutely will. I see Bauer differently than I saw Chapman, but my views have also evolved over time. Bauer has the domestic violence and also a long history of burning out every clubhouse he’s ever been a part of. That wasn’t the case with Chapman.

That said, per the evolution, I saw Chapman and felt a little weird about it, then I saw the Cubs completely mis-handle the Addison Russell situation and now I have a lot less patience for dealing with this stuff.

I can say with 100% certainty that I will never be, at all, pro-Trevor Bauer. But definitely, if the Cubs sign him, please follow up with me and I will be 100% transparent about my views and what I will or will not give up as a result. I’m pretty confident the Cubs will not sign him, though.

If I’m a team, I would not sign him for pitching, clubhouse and personal reasons. As a fan, I would be very disappointed if my favorite team signed him.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I would take him in a heartbeat. It doesn’t sound like he did anything wrong. He’s certainly no worse than Watson, Roethlisberger, Ozuna, or even MLK.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT