ADVERTISEMENT

Be honest - did you laugh after the first sentence?

You are a better human than me.

Season 9 Thank You GIF by The Office

It's sort of become Bobby Lee's thing.

Cool story: My son and I were at the Comedy Store in LA a few years ago and (mistakenly) got seats front and center. Bobby was in the lineup and kept stroking my son's beard and telling him he would rape him in prison. But in a funny way.

/csb

I’ve seen this before and always smile. Bobby has joked a lot about it and gets that it’s extreme and funny, even though it’s true. He leans into it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ButtersHawk
Didn’t laugh through any of it. I also didn’t laugh at the dog getting used as a target. I guess I am just a stick in the mud.

If this is all made up, it still doesn’t come off as funny…

I'd like to hear the rest of it. I laughed
Bobby is a recovering addict. The full story is about how at a summer camp he was molested by a person with DS. This person had a cabin on the campground so every day this person would tell Bobby that he had candy in his cabin and every time Bobby fell for it. He leans into it quite a bit but he ties it into his addict brain. Basically he thinks he was an addict at a young age and that he was willing to put up with anything to get a reward.

A good example of why political correctness needs to contextual.

Cracking this joke in front of people with a down's kid? Not a good idea.

Cracking this joke publicly as a political representative of all people? Not a good idea.

Cracking this joke amongst friends? Not a problem at all.

Watched it with no sound but was able to follow along with the subtitles.

Is it a true story?

With no sound I cant' tell if he was dead serious or joking with a straight face.
To me the humor is in the two guys trying NOT to laugh, while the storyteller keeps a straightface but is obviously tweaking the story each time to try and get the other two guys to laugh.

The whole story is funny and crazy. He has even made fun of himself over it. Now if he was bawling his eyes out that'd be different but he's not.
The question proposed was, did you laugh after the first sentence?

I think Bobby Lee is funny. Just saw him a week ago at the Ozark Amphitheater at the Fully Loaded comedy show. He had a pretty clever Down Syndrome joke that wasn’t offensive. Those are pretty rare in comedy. I have a child with Down Syndrome and my radar is usually up. I know I need to have think skin when attending stand up. I don’t get butt hurt in the moment and cause a fuss.

I will go back and watch the entire clip. I watched about a minute. The hosts were laughing at his first three lines. Then he added “brutally” then “every day for a summer”. I stopped watching as I was expecting to laugh at the first sentence.

To me the humor is in the two guys trying NOT to laugh, while the storyteller keeps a straightface but is obviously tweaking the story each time to try and get the other two guys to laugh.
Ok. I get it. Even if it wasn’t a DS related joke, I didn’t find humor in it. To each their own.

Reactions: torbee

So made up story?

It's a little farfetched but could be true.

The question proposed was, did you laugh after the first sentence?

I think Bobby Lee is funny. Just saw him a week ago at the Ozark Amphitheater at the Fully Loaded comedy show. He had a pretty clever Down Syndrome joke that wasn’t offensive. Those are pretty rare in comedy. I have a child with Down Syndrome and my radar is usually up. I know I need to have think skin when attending stand up. I don’t get butt hurt in the moment and cause a fuss.

I will go back and watch the entire clip. I watched about a minute. The hosts were laughing at his first three lines. Then he added “brutally” then “every day for a summer”. I stopped watching as I was expecting to laugh at the first sentence.
I've seen it before and after a few times I found the whole bit funny. It helps knowing he makes fun of himself as well.

I know some of you turds go to Joe Rogan for everything. He has an interview with Bobby Lee. Haven't watched the whole thing, but it's out there.

Reactions: ClarindaA's
I watched about a minute. The hosts were laughing at his first three lines. Then he added “brutally” then “every day for a summer”. I stopped watching as I was expecting to laugh at the first sentence.
So you missed the, "you couldn't avoid him for even one day" line? That's the best line of the bit lol!

I know some of you turds go to Joe Rogan for everything. He has an interview with Bobby Lee. Haven't watched the whole thing, but it's out there.
Rogan should do a 3 hour podcast with Biden.
Good chance to show the world he’s sharp as a tack.
And focused.

So you missed the, "you couldn't avoid him for even one day" line? That's the best line of the bit lol!
That’s the last part I heard. That was a bit funny. The thread title is asking if we laughed at the first sentence. I did not. Without knowing the bit, did you?

That’s the last part I heard. That was a bit funny. The thread title is asking if we laughed at the first sentence. I did not. Without knowing the bit, did you?
I should be clear that it was more of a snort of surprise and bemusement than a laugh.

I mean, you just don't expect a grown ass man to say he was molested by a person with DS. Call me ignorant, but I assumed all DS folks were the sweet, innocent, super nice types that I've always experienced. So the dichotomy of what he said happened to what my brain thinks made me laugh.

this comedian just cracks me up every time I see him. He can just appear on the screen and not say a word and his facial expressions just crack me up like crazy

I should be clear that it was more of a snort of surprise and bemusement than a laugh.

I mean, you just don't expect a grown ass man to say he was molested by a person with DS. Call me ignorant, but I assumed all DS folks were the sweet, innocent, super nice types that I've always experienced. So the dichotomy of what he said happened to what my brain thinks made me laugh.
Gotcha.

this comedian just cracks me up every time I see him. He can just appear on the screen and not say a word and his facial expressions just crack me up like crazy
That’s a lot of what his act was like when we saw him last week. He’s a spaz on stage. High energy.

Bobby Lee’s DS joke was that he was specifically recruited in Hollywood for a role. Turns out the role was for an Asian with DS. He then stared out into the crowd and that was the joke. He actually looked, at that moment, like he could have DS.

Bobby-Lee-AJIT-Set-072523-2-d55c725f4c4b43c198bfc13d8e7323ef.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: torbee
As someone who has obviously been around far more Downs folks than me - were you shocked at the allegation? I just can't wrap my brain around a Downs Syndrome person being a sexual predator.
As a general rule, not sexual predators. However a friend of ours adult daughter (with DS) was sexually assaulted by a male adult with DS, so it does happen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT