ADVERTISEMENT

Beard Commits to PSU

That's fine, we have Warner. We knew PSU would be getting Beard or Hoffman to man 197, is anybody really surprised?
Exactly, he almost committed to PSU at various points throughout the recruitment process before eventually committing to Northwestern. He then decommitted while living in the state of Pennsylvania, at a need weight for Penn State, while almost committing to them previously. This was pretty much a formality. We can't be shocked when Penn State gets a good recruit, because it's going to happen, period. We need to worry about bettering our own program.

I would also like to add that his coach semi regularly posts on the PSU board, and is a Penn State grad. Can you imagine if Strittmatter posted on this board? We'd get half their board over here lecturing us and calling him unethical. I honestly don't care but find it funny

I would also like to add that his coach semi regularly posts on the PSU board, and is a Penn State grad. Can you imagine if Strittmatter posted on this board? We'd get half their board over here lecturing us and calling him unethical. I honestly don't care but find it funny

Without a doubt...which one is he?

Intermat has an article too but no mention of RBY...maybe there's hope he can be a Hawk. I don't care about PSU I'm more concerned what we're doing to get back on top. Bring in RBY!!!!!

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/18228
That's the key phrase. No use fretting about what you can't control. Let's do all we can to influence what we can control. We have a ton of momentum, and I only see it increasing. Just keep it rolling, Hawk fans! The rest will take care of itself.

Exactly, he almost committed to PSU at various points throughout the recruitment process before eventually committing to Northwestern. He then decommitted while living in the state of Pennsylvania, at a need weight for Penn State, while almost committing to them previously. This was pretty much a formality. We can't be shocked when Penn State gets a good recruit, because it's going to happen, period. We need to worry about bettering our own program.
Precisely. And rest assured, it's happening.

If Beard can go 184 though he'll be really solid there. 197, not as concerned.
What's frustrating isn't so much PSU landing all these top 10s as it is Iowa having some gaping holes currently and looming at a number of weights. Who is our 184 next year or year after? 197 next year? 49 next year after BS is gone? I'm thrilled with some of the guys we have here and coming, but we need more!

If Beard can go 184 though he'll be really solid there. 197, not as concerned.
What's frustrating isn't so much PSU landing all these top 10s as it is Iowa having some gaping holes currently and looming at a number of weights. Who is our 184 next year or year after? 197 next year? 49 next year after BS is gone? I'm thrilled with some of the guys we have here and coming, but we need more!
Wilcke will be 84 for the next 3 years. Holloway or Bowman will be 97 next year and then Warner for the next 4 years after that. 49 will have Happel, Turk, Shaw, Glosser fighting for the spot after BS graduates. Hopefully we can add a 49 and I believe the staff is working on that.

In fairness to Beard, I don't think he has near as much freestyle experience as Warner. They will definitely have some good battles over the years, and I would not be surprised to see this be an NCAA finals match at some point down the road.

Reactions: wasdt21
Wilcke will be 84 for the next 3 years. Holloway or Bowman will be 97 next year and then Warner for the next 4 years after that. 49 will have Happel, Turk, Shaw, Glosser fighting for the spot after BS graduates. Hopefully we can add a 49 and I believe the staff is working on that.
One, maybe 2 names on your list elicit some national champ level optimism, one of which is still a high school senior.

Penn state is hot right now and doing well reloading talent. Its just the way it is but I sure wish they were in a different conference since they may have some kids xfer out instead of waiting out a log jam. The inner conference transfer rules will keep us from being a consideration. Once we get outside of the big ten oky st is probably a top consideration for a kid wanting to transfer to a title contender.

Reactions: lionlover
Penn state is hot right now and doing well reloading talent. Its just the way it is but I sure wish they were in a different conference since they may have some kids xfer out instead of waiting out a log jam. The inner conference transfer rules will keep us from being a consideration. Once we get outside of the big ten oky st is probably a top consideration for a kid wanting to transfer to a title contender.

No, no, no...you are discounting the aura of Cael and the gnarly dodgeball games had in the room. It's so f*** that it really doesn't matter if one starts or not.

That's fine, we have Warner. We knew PSU would be getting Beard or Hoffman to man 197, is anybody really surprised?

Great point, and Warner is a stud, no doubt. I personally love who we have coming in, but there is always something in my head asking, "how in the hell are they getting it done". :).

Let's just stay in our lane, focus on the studs we have in house and the ones that are coming the next two falls and watch them win a few titles! Independent of what PSU is bringing in.

Well, for the record, I am a PSU fan and would love to read Strittmatter etc. posts on your board.
And, if you read the coaches post, I believe he said he kept has mouth closed during the recruiting. You will believe that or not, given your innate bias, which we all, including me, have.

Reactions: voltz99
Well, for the record, I am a PSU fan and would love to read Strittmatter etc. posts on your board.
And, if you read the coaches post, I believe he said he kept has mouth closed during the recruiting. You will believe that or not, given your innate bias, which we all, including me, have.
Read my post a few posts later. I said he seems like a level headed guy that seems like he's doing the right thing. I will choose to take him at his word just like I will take Stittmatter at his. When adults are committed to the kids, I think they realize how important it is to try and remain as impartial as possible, while still being honest. It's okay tell a kid that you think he might be a better fit here or there as long as you are doing it for the right reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT