ADVERTISEMENT

Being Someone Else

drew_hawk

HR All-American
Jan 16, 2016
Have you ever felt that you were not like everyone else? In a very fundamental way. Like you do not even feel welcome here? Not that you don't understand how things work with people, but that you don't really want to be a part of it? As if you're here, observing, but nothing really makes sense? And you're happy to be alone.

And watching the curser pulse. As if time were a crutch.

Reactions: JMNSHO and Moral
I own a deaf dog, and sometimes I wish that he could hear. But other times I envy his ability to perceive and adjust to his surroundings.

We only perceive the senses we are endowed with. Who would say that we are able to perceive all of the sensory perceptions that surround us? This is not the case. We have evolved to perceive the things that are most advantageous to us as a species. Were there to be a new sensory experience for us to perceive, would we not just cower in it like a dog whom had been granted advantageous hearing?

Have you ever felt that you were not like everyone else? In a very fundamental way. Like you do not even feel welcome here? Not that you don't understand how things work with people, but that you don't really want to be a part of it? As if you're here, observing, but nothing really makes sense? And you're happy to be alone.

As that what it feels like to be on drugs?

I’m genuinely asking.

I think that people are missing a fundamental thing that could benefit them, specifically people whom has struggled with depression such as myself. These things are available to us, yet we face forces from the pharmaceutical industry to get prescriptions and take things that ruin our natural brain chemist.

Under Water Art GIF by Justin

I accept that I will always be alone, and that my sensory experience will always be an illusion of what truly exists in the universe. I am at peace with that understanding, and I also know that energy does not dissipate, it simply reabsolves itself into the ethereal, and that which was will be yet again.

I hope you have enjoyed your time with me traveler. Let our time be not made in haste, but I hope to see you yet again in fair tidings. Until then, I leave you with a bit of foreboding:

Your time here is fading. Be kind to those around you.

Reactions: desihawk and Moral
I accept that I will always be alone, and that my sensory experience will always be an illusion of what truly exists in the universe. I am at peace with that understanding, and I also know that energy does not dissipate, it simply reabsolves itself into the ethereal, and that which was will be yet again.
Being alone isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Disagree. While I’m not a fan of amphetamines drugs like mushrooms, lsd, Molly should be seen as a medicine

Back in the day, I did mushrooms 3 times. First was a blast, second considerably less fun, third freaked me the f*ck out. Never did it ever again…

Back in the day, I did mushrooms 3 times. First was a blast, second considerably less fun, third freaked me the f*ck out. Never did it ever again…
In my opinion its all about not overdoing it. I also had a bad mushroom trip when I was younger, but in hindsight it was obviously because I took way too much (ate a whole eighth at once).

These days I go easy, ingesting small amounts at a time and giving them the proper amount of time to kick in before I decide if I want to do more or not. Take it easy and let the magic happen; this is the way.

Sometimes I've felt like I'm John Malkovich.

• Haha
Reactions: drew_hawk
An 1/8 and lower, I can hang around people and interact, and I’m almost always fine.

If I do upwards of 1/4, into the 5-7 gram range. I can’t be around people. That’s not happening. It’s a coin flip on how the experience will be. Always interesting, sometimes frightening, sometimes intensely emotional, sometimes intensely spiritual. I would say I’m an experienced tripper, and definitely don’t recommend new people to do that much.

Ive had bad trips on shrooms, but never freaked out. The only time I had a bad trip and freaked out was on 5-MEO-AMT twenty years ago.

I love the tryptamine head space. The hyper reality mindset it puts you in.

Shrooms are fun. Acid though, way better imo.
Don't get me wrong, I love a good acid trip. However I feel that to do it right it has to be much more planned out, you have to make sure you're surrounding yourself with the right kind of people, and you have to make sure your whole day is cleared of any potential responsibilities or obligations. The shroomies can be done on a more spur of the moment basis. Also acid is very hard to find these days, at least here in Iowa.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Don't get me wrong, I love a good acid trip. However I feel that to do it right it has to be much more planned out, you have to make sure you're surrounding yourself with the right kind of people, and you have to make sure your whole day is cleared of any potential responsibilities or obligations. The shroomies can be done on a more spur of the moment basis. Also acid is very hard to find these days, at least here in Iowa.
You're not wrong there. I find shrooms are also easy to control and dont seem to last nearly as long. Went to a concert once with a friend and we did shrooms. I would be trippin hard looking up at the screens on stage and then turn and feel 100% sober when talking to my friend and other people.

For the most part I only do hallucinogens alone; which I know isn't recommended. I just enjoy it much more and have never had a bad trip (knock on wood).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT