ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Kueter matches?

Supposedly according to Dolphin Iowa needs to find a way for him on the field next year “as he looks like a senior out there”
Yet couldn't even see a single snap on STs?

We'll see BK for sure this week in CHA, either against MN Monday or Purdue on Friday...maybe both. Credit to Hill for stepping up but BK has a much higher ceiling.

The sky is the only thing that I know is up. You should stick to your Mark Hall to Ohio State predictions
Where are the mods on this site? This is the type of cr*p that will keep parents of coveted recruits from allowing their kids to come to Iowa.

Where are the mods on this site? This is the type of cr*p that will keep parents of coveted recruits from allowing their kids to come to Iowa.

Well rumor on the street is Mark Hall was going to the Midwest school of Iowa before you offended his dad with your East Coast Ohio State prediction

Well rumor on the street is Mark Hall was going to the Midwest school of Iowa before you offended his dad with your East Coast Ohio State prediction
Hall liked several of Urban Meyer’s tweets In the months leading up to his announcement and only gave a thumbs up (not even a smiley face) to several of David Taylor’s VERY funny comments on FB.

He clearly had a last second change of heart when picking PSU.

All the matches, if Kueter is the guy TnT plan to put on the mat in March.

If Hill is slated for March, then he gets all the matches.

Whichever guy it is, he’ll want as many wins and as much experience as possible going into Big Tens. No throw-away matches between now and then.

Reactions: woodsiding
No offense but Dolph couldn’t catch his ass with a bushel basket 95% of the time.
Agree. I’m trying to figure out why Kueter didn’t wrestle last night. Hell, I’m trying to figure out why Arnold didn’t wrestle but I am absolutely positive that I will hear from the posters in the know even if they make no sense at all.

Agree. I’m trying to figure out why Kueter didn’t wrestle last night. Hell, I’m trying to figure out why Arnold didn’t wrestle but I am absolutely positive that I will hear from the posters in the know even if they make no sense at all.
Kueter is still getting into wrestling shape and was 220. Gabe didn't weigh in so he couldn't wrestle. My guess is Gabe will take a RS and 174 will be Kennedy

Kueter is still getting into wrestling shape and was 220. Gabe didn't weigh in so he couldn't wrestle. My guess is Gabe will take a RS and 174 will be Kennedy
In other words, Kueter is not in wrestling shape. That 220 isn’t going to change for the better in any meaningful way between now and March.

I think he would have wrestled only if Iowa was down and needed a home-run to win the dual. Iowa had the dual sealed, so Kueter sat.

Sorry but why did Kueter even take the trip? Does Gabe have a choice or is it one of those do what’s best for the team?

Reactions: el dub
Amazing how much weight was shed by both the Nebraska heavyweight and Kueter. Wrestling shape is no joke.
Was it reported what Keuter weighed during football season? It looks like he was on the roster at 220 but I know those weights are frequently off.

All the matches, if Kueter is the guy TnT plan to put on the mat in March.

If Hill is slated for March, then he gets all the matches.

Whichever guy it is, he’ll want as many wins and as much experience as possible going into Big Tens. No throw-away matches between now and then.
Ferentz would agree especially if Cass was back leaving neither guy with matches.

4 of the next 5 with him and Hill splitting time on the Illinois trip. He will get a good test against Davison before Kerk at home. Im sure we see him Monday and should know alot more about his size, ability and stamina.

Reactions: MitchLL
The question was meant to be IF Keuter only wrestles five matches, which five matches would you want him to wrestle. But of course, we can't answer the question. The realist in my wonders how long until someone mentions AJ at 285....

Reactions: el dub and Lambertt
Which is why he should’ve been planning for 174 all along, imho.
Hard to tell an athlete he can't wrestle off at his optimal weight class. Remember PK had a knee scope that set him back which made the Salute happen the way it did.

Reactions: moug
It was reported BK was weighing 230-240 during fball season, rather see that weight but once he got in the room the weight started dropping it seems. 220 is a small hwt, speed and quickness a must.

Hall liked several of Urban Meyer’s tweets In the months leading up to his announcement and only gave a thumbs up (not even a smiley face) to several of David Taylor’s VERY funny comments on FB.

He clearly had a last second change of heart when picking PSU.
I hope to God that you are never selected for Jury Duty.

• Haha
Reactions: ping72
Here is my thoughts on how this year plays out.
125: Drake is a title threat and I would be very disappointed with anything lower than 8th.
133: Teske will be the guy and will go 2-2 at best I'm afraid.
141: Woods needs to be a champ.
149: Rathjen goes and is a blood round guy, but could sneak onto the podium. Give him a whole B10 season to improve. RS Anthony Ferrari
157: Franek is a top 5 with a shot at Saturday night.
165: MC is the guy and needs to make the podium, which will be no cakewalk.
174: PK goes this year and it will be tough to make it past the blood round I'm afraid. Gabe RS and steps in as a title contender next year.
184: Riggins and we don't qualify.
197: Glazier and I think he is a legit AA. He has jumped levels and deserves the spot. AJ ORS if he joins the team.
285: BK gets some matches and they go with him if he is beating Hill in the room, which I hope he is.

I think they roll with what they have, which is a solid dual team. It will be a dog fight to get a team trophy for the Hawks. We need to get 125, 141, and 157 wrestling on Saturday night mixed with a couple more AA to have something to sell to recruits and transfers moving forward. Sorry for the long post.

As long as he is 220, has the strength, and speed to cut the corner he should be good. More size would be ideal, especially without needing to cut so you know that is a true walking around weight. I think Ben will be just fine as long as he doesn't get caught underneath a 265-285 behemoth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT