ADVERTISEMENT

Bergdahl charged with desertion

Originally posted by wildcatdad:
Originally posted by BlazinHawk:
Because it needed it's own thread...

Posted from Rivals Mobile

He stepped over the wire,  I imagine you are correct.   The other stuff is likely all bunk. 

So first you say "let the army handle it" then when it comes out that the guy indeed deserted and collaborated willingly with the enemy you say "is likely bunk"....

Drinking early today?

Originally posted by swagsurfer02:

He stepped over the wire, I imagine you are correct.  The other stuff is likely all bunk.Â

So first you say "let the army handle it" then when it comes out that the guy indeed deserted and collaborated willingly with the enemy you say "is likely bunk"....

Drinking early today?

He stepped over the wire. I don't think you will see a charge of collaboration. And the Army will handle it, their way. I am OK with that. Always have been, its you political junkies I do not dispensing justice. You know squat.

He stepped over the wire,  I imagine you are correct.   The other stuff is likely all bunk. 

Drinking early today?

He stepped over the wire.  I don't think you will see a charge of collaboration.    And the Army will handle it,  their way.  I am OK with that.  Always have been,  its you political junkies I do not dispensing justice.  You know squat. 

I'm not a political junkie by any means. However he was wrong, can you tell us what you mean by he "stepped over the wire"..... I don't speak crazy.

He stepped over the wire, I imagine you are correct.  The other stuff is likely all bunk.ÂÂ

Drinking early today?

He stepped over the wire. I don't think you will see a charge of collaboration.   And the Army will handle it, their way. I am OK with that. Always have been, its you political junkies I do not dispensing justice. You know squat.Â

I'm not a political junkie by any means. However he was wrong, can you tell us what you mean by he "stepped over the wire"..... I don't speak crazy.

Then you cant relate to Ol Wildcat cause he definitely is crazy.

What do you know about what he did over there Wildcat?

You know nothing and your posts on this subject are showing it.

I served twenty three and a half years in the military and three years overseas, two years in a combat zone and never dreamed of doing what this loser did.

, can you tell us what you mean by he "stepped over the wire"..... I don't speak crazy.
I would assume it's a vietnam era term for desertion. The firebases used to be surrounded by barbed wire - so if you wanted to leave your post you had to step over the wire to get out.

What do you know about what he did over there Wildcat?

You know nothing and your posts on this subject are showing it.

I served twenty three and a half years in the military and three years overseas, two years in a combat zone and never dreamed of doing what this loser did.

We will see what they have to say about collaboration. I am more than happy to let the Army handle it. I am not personally invested. I want what is best for everyone involved especially my country. These politicos are tearing us apart.

Originally posted by Metuo Accipiter:

, can you tell us what you mean by he "stepped over the wire"..... I don't speak crazy.
I would assume it's a vietnam era term for desertion.   The firebases used to be surrounded by barbed wire - so if you wanted to leave your post you had to step over the wire to get out.

Thank you, next I would like to know what Mr, Cat thinks this brave soldier did for the next few years after leaving his post..

I would assume it's a vietnam era term for desertion.  The firebases used to be surrounded by barbed wire - so if you wanted to leave your post you had to step over the wire to get out.

Thank you, next I would like to know what Mr, Cat thinks this brave soldier did for the next few years after leaving his post..

It does not matter what I think. It only matters what the courts martial says. He could be facing life. That should make you hoist a beer. Congrats.

He stepped over the wire, I imagine you are correct.  The other stuff is likely all bunk.Â

Drinking early today?

He stepped over the wire. I don't think you will see a charge of collaboration. And the Army will handle it, their way. I am OK with that. Always have been, its you political junkies I do not dispensing justice. You know squat.
I swear you're schizophrenic.

They do have intercepted radio transmissions from locals to the Taliban saying they had an American soldier looking for the Taliban so he could talk to them.

That's been known for months. So the other stuff.......maybe not so "bunk".

Originally posted by Hawk in SEC Country:

Drinking early today?

I swear you're schizophrenic.

They do have intercepted radio transmissions from locals to the Taliban saying they had an American soldier looking for the Taliban so he could talk to them.

That's been known for months. So the other stuff.......maybe not so "bunk".

I like General Miley. He is doing what he thinks is best. I have no problem with that. I like that the Army is being careful and respecting the rule of law.
"I swear you're schizophrenic. "

Its illegal to practice medicine without a license. Be careful soldier.

This post was edited on 3/25 2:50 PM by wildcatdad

I would assume it's a vietnam era term for desertion.   The firebases used to be surrounded by barbed wire - so if you wanted to leave your post you had to step over the wire to get out.

It does not matter what I think.  It only matters what the courts martial says.    He could be facing life.  That should make you hoist a beer.   Congrats.  

You truly are a cum stain on America's underwear!

I still think it was a good thing to get him out of the country, if only to face charges. I don't think it should be the practice of the government of the United States to leave soldiers in a combat zone, even if they've done something like this. The prisoners exchanged for Bergdahl weren't going to be charged with anything. We were going to let them go eventually anyway.

I would assume it's a vietnam era term for desertion.  The firebases used to be surrounded by barbed wire - so if you wanted to leave your post you had to step over the wire to get out.

It does not matter what I think. It only matters what the courts martial says.   He could be facing life. That should make you hoist a beer.  Congrats. Â

Thanks for the compliment.

It does not matter what I think.  It only matters what the courts martial says.    He could be facing life.  That should make you hoist a beer.   Congrats.  

Lol, I'm dying laughing at work!

It does not matter what I think. It only matters what the courts martial says.   He could be facing life. That should make you hoist a beer.  Congrats. ÂÂ

Thanks for the compliment.Â

I doubt you work. You have those big testicles to play with,

Originally posted by theiacowtipper:

I still think it was a good thing to get him out of the country, if only to face charges.  I don't think it should be the practice of the government of the United States to leave soldiers in a combat zone, even if they've done something like this.  The prisoners exchanged for Bergdahl weren't going to be charged with anything.  We were going to let them go eventually anyway.

You serious Clark?

Originally posted by jthawk:

I still think it was a good thing to get him out of the country, if only to face charges. I don't think it should be the practice of the government of the United States to leave soldiers in a combat zone, even if they've done something like this. The prisoners exchanged for Bergdahl weren't going to be charged with anything. We were going to let them go eventually anyway.

You serious Clark?

Of course I'm serious. What is the alternative? Prisoner exchanges have been happening since warfare first began. Is it suddenly horrible now? Would you like it to be the position of the government that we won't make every attempt to bring soldier's home? This man hasn't been convicted of any crime. Until he has, he deserves every protection and consideration that we would give any serviceman or woman.

For those on the board criticizing Obama on this, what would have been the better choice? Would it have been better to simply leave him in Afghanistan forever?

I still think it was a good thing to get him out of the country, if only to face charges. I don't think it should be the practice of the government of the United States to leave soldiers in a combat zone, even if they've done something like this. The prisoners exchanged for Bergdahl weren't going to be charged with anything. We were going to let them go eventually anyway.

You serious Clark?

Of course I'm serious. What is the alternative? Prisoner exchanges have been happening since warfare first began. Is it suddenly horrible now? Would you like it to be the position of the government that we won't make every attempt to bring soldier's home? This man hasn't been convicted of any crime. Until he has, he deserves every protection and consideration that we would give any serviceman or woman.

For those on the board criticizing Obama on this, what would have been the better choice? Would it have been better to simply leave him in Afghanistan forever?

When the politicos got involved is when this all went to hell. Now that the Army is showing they are taking care of this matter ALL the politicos should STFU.

You serious Clark?

Five Taliban rodents for Bergdahl? You would think we could get more. How about that young lady over in Syria? Couldn't deal for her?

I doubt you work.  You have those big testicles to play with, 

You'd be surprised at how much these guys trust me with..

Originally posted by pablow:

You serious Clark?

Five Taliban rodents for Bergdahl? You would think we could get more. How about that young lady over in Syria? Couldn't deal for her?

She was not in the military. If we have a soldier or an airman captured and they want a prisoner exchange, we will do it.

I still think it was a good thing to get him out of the country, if only to face charges.  I don't think it should be the practice of the government of the United States to leave soldiers in a combat zone, even if they've done something like this.  The prisoners exchanged for Bergdahl weren't going to be charged with anything.  We were going to let them go eventually anyway.

You serious Clark?

Of course I'm serious.  What is the alternative?  Prisoner exchanges have been happening since warfare first began.  Is it suddenly horrible now?  Would you like it to be the position of the government that we won't make every attempt to bring soldier's home?  This man hasn't been convicted of any crime.  Until he has, he deserves every protection and consideration that we would give any serviceman or woman. 

For those on the board criticizing Obama on this, what would have been the better choice?  Would it have been better to simply leave him in Afghanistan forever? 

When the politicos got involved is when this all went to hell.  Now that the Army is showing they are taking care of this matter ALL the politicos should STFU. 

Excuse my ignorance, what's a politico?

Swag, I'm guessing it would be anyone who took the lead from what his platoon mates said... That he deserted them and many were killed looking for him. You know... Those kind of politicos...

Officially from the white house, June of last year... "Bergdahl served with honor and distinction."

The WH is political. The Army has the last word. I support the Army, always have. They will have the last word IF the politicos can keep their noses out of it. I am thinking most of them will, including the WH.

Some people think this is game.

Reading wildcat's post has transported me mentally to psycho-land. He's not all there. Must have tipped over in his wheelchair and hit his head.

The people that think it's a game share your political viewpoint wildcat.

What is my political point of view?

My draft board did not seem care. 1967 was a world away from today.

But.....But.......Obama said he served with honor. hahahahahahaha Mr. President, you're so FOS.

bergtop2_20150325_171157.jpg

Originally posted by IMCC965:
Reading wildcat's post has transported me mentally to psycho-land. He's not all there. Must have tipped over in his wheelchair and hit his head.
Your arguments are always compelling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT