ADVERTISEMENT

She Only Served 10 Months Behind Bars. Florida Still Slapped Her With A $127,000 Bill.

You still can't seem to grasp the concept that these cons could save themselves a lot of money and headache if they didn't commit their crimes in the first place.

Yes but it happened. Do you want her to become a law abiding member of society now or do you want her to go back to prison and have the taxpayers pay for a longer potentially lifetime stay?

All of our incentives now after the fact need to be towards life being easier to live as a law abiding member of society. $120,000 debt gives the opposite incentive, that life is just easier committing crimes.

I'm not making excuses for her crimes. Nor am I saying that adding the debt on her makes it right if she commits more crimes.

But I do think I'd prefer to make it easier for her to be a law abiding member of society.

For the record I think we should have had universal healthcare a long time ago. Doesn't sit right with me that someone gets saddled with a lifetime or long term debt for wanting to live.
I have no problem at all with this. I just prefer we help people that have never committed crimes that caused them to be sentenced to more then a year in prison first.

I have no problem at all with this. I just prefer we help people that have never committed crimes that caused them to be sentenced to more then a year in prison first.

We could do both, it's not due to a lack of ability it's due to a lack of political will.

Every other industrialized country has universal healthcare but us and yet we are the richest AND spend the most on healthcare per person and get some of the worst results.

I wish we spent more on education than prisons. But we’ve made our choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT