ADVERTISEMENT

Best Baseball Player you ever saw live in person.

Kevin Tapani. You all can laugh but in 1998 I watched him in the Braves old stadium hit a grand slam and pitch 8 innings and get the W. So that was the greatest baseball player I have ever watched in a ball park from a performance standpoint.

Greg Maddux would be the answer as far as a career goes. Sosa too but sadly his legacy is tarnished.

As far a CSB goes, my dad grew up in Boston and saw Ted Williams play dozens of times as a kid.

Reactions: GOHOX69
Seen play in person?

Greg Maddux
Roger Clemens
Randy Johnson
Pedro Martinez
Barry Bonds

I think Larry Walker had as much or more raw talent as anyone in the game in his years in the league. Might be one of the biggest underachievers in the HoF. The guy was unbelievable.

Reactions: GOHOX69
I haven't seen Mike Trout yet he's on my bucket list.

But by position player
I would put Barry Bonds but the juiced factor.
Ken Griffey Jr.

Pitcher

Randy Johnson just absolutely crazy to see live behind home plate.
Willie Stargell, Killebrew, Carew, Vida Blue. sp.

Most memorable was seeing Reggie Jackson with the Yankees up at the old Met in 77 or 78 and they gave out free Reggie bars. Rod Carew would have been playing for the Twins during that series as well.

Saw Andre Dawson (playing for the Expo's) hit I think 3 HR's in a double-header on the fourth of July in 83 at Wrigley.

Otherwise, over the last 50 yrs I've seen a lot of Cubs/Twins HOF's or great players. Did also see Pedro Martinez on a Friday night in Kansas City in 2001 when he was with the Red Sox. Also saw Barry Bonds in SF in the early 2000's in a game where he hit 2 HR's. Can't even remember now who the Giants were playing in that game.

If you saw Canseco, he wasn’t even the best player you saw in person that day.
True. Rickey Henderson. Never seen speed that explosive.

A story: when uncle was of coach for a’s he got us tix on the batting circle. Os fans were giving Rickey shit before first pitch (“gonna steal first base?”). Henderson proceeded to walk, steal second and third, and come home on a sac fly. He winked at the guys on his way back to the dugout.

My technically correct answer is Clemente.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT