ADVERTISEMENT

Best fries, best burgers, best chicken

B3A

All of the chicken options are capable of serving better chicken than Chick-Fil-A when they do it right, but they all usually disappoint. Chick-Fil-A is very consistent.

I haven’t eaten fast(-ish) food in a long time, but Nation’s Giant Hamburgers has/had great chicken sandwiches.

I haven't visited all these places, but

A
A

And Taco Bell has fries? o_O

Nacho fries

taco-bell-nacho-fries-1-jpg-1548356268.jpg

Reactions: dgordo
B -- AINEC
6 -- I'd choose In and Out but get there once every 5 years
A -- Sandwich. KFC has the best friend chicken

A
C

I like the arby's curly fries the most

Whataburger is easily the best burger

I do enjoy the popeyes spicy chicken sandwich

Stuck with those options, I'd go with

E
C

My real answers are:

BEST BURGER
Fast Food Chain: Blake's Lotaburger
Quick Service Casual Chain: BurgerFi
High End Chain: Ted's Montana Grill
Best I've Ever Had: Hubert Keller's Burger Bar in Las Vegas NV

BEST FRIES
Fast Food Chain: Chick-fil-A
Quick Service Casual Chain: Bonchon
High End Chain: Ruth's Chris Steak House
Best I've Ever Had: Great Outdoors Restaurant in High Springs FL with Duckfat in Portland ME a very close second. Plenty of other great options if you don't limit to plain fries but go with poutine, boo fries, gravy fries and disco fries. My favorite if you include extras on fries may very well be the Boo Fries at Acme Oyster Bar in New Orleans LA.

BEST FRIED CHICKEN PIECES
Fast Food Chain: Maryland Fried Chicken
High End Chain: Husk
Best I've Ever Had: Yoder's in Sarasota FL, but lots of good second options like Prince's in Nasheville TN, Willie Mae's Scotch House, Coop's Place and Dooky Chase in New Orleans LA, Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken in a lot of places especially in TN, and Babe's Chicken Dinner House throughout TX.

BEST FRIED CHICKEN FINGERS
Fast Food Chain: Guthries
Quick Service Casual Chain: Spanky's Pizza Galley and Saloon
High End Chain: Momofuku
Best I've Ever Had: Willie's Chicken Shack in New Orleans LA

AB/2/A

A couple comments:
  • Fries - I love Arby’s curly fries, but they’re almost a different category. In the standard fry category, B is the winner.
  • Burgers: Haven’t had all of them
  • Bojangles would have been my pick if it would have been on the list.

AB/2/A

A couple comments:
  • Fries - I love Arby’s curly fries, but they’re almost a different category. In the standard fry category, B is the winner.
  • Burgers: Haven’t had all of them
  • Bojangles would have been my pick if it would have been on the list.

Bojangles is great and is my second favorite fast food chain for fried chicken just behind Maryland Fried and just ahead of Krispy Krunchy and Jollibee.

Reactions: hawkifann
My favorite if you include extras on fries may very well be the Boo Fries at Acme Oyster Bar in New Orleans LA.

Gonna get me some boo fries and chargrilled oysters at ACME tomorrow night! Guess I'll have to check out Willie's Chicken Shack, too!

Reactions: FSUTribe76

E
C

My real answers are:

BEST BURGER

BEST FRIES
Best I've Ever Had: Great Outdoors Restaurant in High Springs FL with Duckfat in Portland ME a very close second. Plenty of other great options if you don't limit to plain fries but go with poutine, boo fries, gravy fries and disco fries. My favorite if you include extras on fries may very well be the Boo Fries at Acme Oyster Bar in New Orleans LA.

Best I've Ever Had: Yoder's in Sarasota FL, but lots of good second options like Prince's in Nasheville TN, Willie Mae's Scotch House, Coop's Place and Dooky Chase in New Orleans LA, Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken in a lot of places especially in TN, and Babe's Chicken Dinner House throughout TX.

For whatever it's worth, probably the best burgers I've had were at the Meers Store in Meers, OK. They're made from their own Longhorn herd. We'd make the drive up there from Wichita Falls as part of a day hiking in the Wichita Mountains. They were so good!

http://www.meersstore.com/menu.html#meersburger

D2A

It looks like a lot of you’ve never eaten at shake shack.

For whatever it's worth, probably the best burgers I've had were at the Meers Store in Meers, OK. They're made from their own Longhorn herd. We'd make the drive up there from Wichita Falls as part of a day hiking in the Wichita Mountains. They were so good!

http://www.meersstore.com/menu.html#meersburger

Sounds amazing!

I didn't get into other burgers I really liked but one real standout that's similar to yours that I've had is the Ulupalakua Ranch Store and Grill in the middle of nowhere Maui. Most tourons don't make it over there because it's on the "forbidden road" area where your car rental company tells you that you're not allowed to take your car. But I ignored their rules and drove past Hana and around the National Parks and ranches that are in the forbidden area.

The Ulupalakua Ranch Store is not too far from the only winery on Maui so we did a double stop and did a wine tasting and then grabbed burgers at the ranch store. It serves free range forage only beef, elk and lamb and most of the customers were the cowboys and other locals. When you think of Maui, you think beautiful beaches, tropical fruits, scuba diving, yachts etc... But a solid third, if not half, of Maui is open ranchland that feels more like Texas than anything else. The beef and elk burgers we got there were great but the atmosphere of chowing down next to a bunch of legit chap and hat wearing dusty cowboys probably added just as much to the experience as the flavor.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Sounds amazing!

I didn't get into other burgers I really liked but one real standout that's similar to yours that I've had is the Ulupalakua Ranch Store and Grill in the middle of nowhere Maui. Most tourons don't make it over there because it's on the "forbidden road" area where your car rental company tells you that you're not allowed to take your car. But I ignored their rules and drove past Hana and around the National Parks and ranches that are in the forbidden area.

The Ulupalakua Ranch Store is not too far from the only winery on Maui so we did a double stop and did a wine tasting and then grabbed burgers at the ranch store. It serves free range forage only beef, elk and lamb and most of the customers were the cowboys and other locals. When you think of Maui, you think beautiful beaches, tropical fruits, scuba diving, yachts etc... But a solid third, if not half, of Maui is open ranchland that feels more like Texas than anything else. The beef and elk burgers we got there were great but the atmosphere of chowing down next to a bunch of legit chap and hat wearing dusty cowboys probably added just as much to the experience as the flavor.
That's really cool! I'd have never imagined part of Hawaii was open ranch land like that. I sent my mon and aunt one time, but I've never been.

E
C

My real answers are:

BEST BURGER

BEST FRIES

Yoder's?? Seriously? That chicken sucks. If all you want is large and juicy, then it qualifies; but it lacks any flavor. I swear they just inject it with water to make it juicy. I have been there twice ( thinking maybe somehow my meal was really screwed up the first time) and both times it was the most bland chicken I have ever eaten in my life. There is a reason the place is packed with 80 year olds.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT