ADVERTISEMENT

Best Iowa city/Coraville/Cedar Rapids restaurant?

IDK, but I could go for a Vine Stein and some wings right now. From the IC location, for nostalgia.

Not sure when you last visited, but it's been given quite the renovation within the past few years. I think they had to shutdown serving booze due to some tickets for a month, so they took the opportunity to renovate.

Ever tried La Guanajuato's tacos in CR?

Not their tacos, but I have had their burritos. That's a pretty good place that not a lot of people know about.

Ever tried The Bakery in Cedar Rapids?

They make tacos and burritos in there as well. What sets them apart is they make their own tortillas. Awesome.

If you go there, get a torta. You won't regret it.

Not their tacos, but I have had their burritos. That's a pretty good place that not a lot of people know about.

Ever tried The Bakery in Cedar Rapids?

They make tacos and burritos in there as well. What sets them apart is they make their own tortillas. Awesome.

If you go there, get a torta. You won't regret it.
Their tacos are phenomenal. I've heard of The Bakery, my buddy is obsessed with that place. However I've never been there. I'll have to give it a try.

Their tacos are phenomenal. I've heard of The Bakery, my buddy is obsessed with that place. However I've never been there. I'll have to give it a try.

You'll love it. They used to sell lengua and barbacoa but I think I was the only one getting those meats so they stopped selling them because the demand wasn't there. I always get a torta and a couple tacos.

My favorite is Big Grove in Solon....one coming to Iowa city soon.

CR--NewBo CoOp for Saucy Focaccia or LA Reyna. Need Pizza and white star are also good. I'd pass on Black Sheep. Way over priced and very poor service when I've been.

IC--Takanami, Atlas, Shorts, Graze, jimmy Jacks, pops.....so many good choices

Yes, it is. The guy who owns it has been instrumental in revitalizing the New-Bo area.

Oh, I'm assuming you mean Parlor City on 3rd St. SE and not the Ice Cream shop on 42nd St. NE. Which is also good, but for different reasons and not really germane.
You are correct!

Not sure when you last visited, but it's been given quite the renovation within the past few years. I think they had to shutdown serving booze due to some tickets for a month, so they took the opportunity to renovate.
I was there after that September-2016-game-that-must-not-be-named. Not drinking, I was driving. The restroom was clean, but at least there were still plenty of Parliament butts out front. They were playing awful house music for the Gameday vibe, but the food was still good and I won a gas-money bet with my friend that they'd still be serving $1 apple pie shots (however watered down).

I'd also like to nominate Zoey's in Marion for their deep-dish. I liked it a little better than anything at Wig or Pag. New Yorkers would tell me it's a casserole and not a pizza, but whatever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT