ADVERTISEMENT

Best place to buy airline tickets?

birdforbogey

HR MVP
Aug 13, 2017
Going to Seattle over Thanksgiving weekend and haven't flown in years. Where is the best place to purchase tickets?

Usually you get the best price going direct to the airlines site. I'd start with checking on kayak first to find the best flights that suit your needs and then going directly to that airlines site and pricing out tix. It also makes a difference what day of the week you purchase as well. Airline tix are very fluid in their pricing.

Reactions: 3boysmom
Going to Seattle over Thanksgiving weekend and haven't flown in years. Where is the best place to purchase tickets?
I always go to the airline web site. I might check out Travelocity or Expedia or Cheapair or one of those sites to get an idea of what's available, but when it comes to actually booking the flight, I go to the airline.

Reactions: QChawks
Another vote for go to the airline website. Delta gives extra perks vs. the same price you'll find on any discount site.

There aren't really discounted flights on other sights anymore.

Go to google flights and play around to find the best deal.

Google flights does not include Southwest flights, though. So go directly to their website if you are near an airport they use.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT