ADVERTISEMENT

Best streaming stick?

Hawkfan_08

HB Legend
Nov 9, 2002
North Liberty
Yes, I know I'm younger than many of you and still was carrying cable for some unknown, expensive reason.

I have two smart TVs (one not smart tv) but they won't let me download YouTube TV because they are a little older and had other apps.

Anyone have a preference on streaming stick?

Yes, I know I'm younger than many of you and still was carrying cable for some unknown, expensive reason.

I have two smart TVs (one not smart tv) but they won't let me download YouTube TV because they are a little older and had other apps.

Anyone have a preference on streaming stick?

i've got Roku's (and parents have Roku soundbars)

Not sure there's a lot of difference between those or Amazon Firesticks.
Anything that allows you do access multiple apps is pretty much the same to me.

We're a Roku house and always have been. They're streaming sticks are industry standard. That's my pick. I suppose since it's Google (YTTV) possible Chromestick? Stay away from Amazon with YTTV

In my personal experience, Roku has been vastly superior to the chromesticks on our LG smartv.

Agreed on Roku. There was a time where YouTube ALMOST pulled the YouTube app from Roku. That was a pucker moment. Not something that is a showstopper, but something to keep in the back of your mind. Google own YouTube and decides who can stream it (Twitch taken off of Roku because Amazon bought the platform)

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
We have Roku, fire stick, AppleTV, and on board google smart tv to access the streaming apps. Ranked in that order. Roku interface and functionality just works better IMO.

Edit - added the firestick. It's pretty close to the Roku but I like the size of the Roku remote better. There are a couple quirks on the firestick moving across channels that also sways me to the Roku.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Agreed on Roku. There was a time where YouTube ALMOST pulled the YouTube app from Roku. That was a pucker moment. Not something that is a showstopper, but something to keep in the back of your mind. Google own YouTube and decides who can stream it (Twitch taken off of Roku because Amazon bought the platform)

That's my only thing with YTTV. They seem to threaten things often. It still fits my basic needs (sports mostly) but I would hate to buy something and then lose it. That's the only reason why Google stood out to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT