ADVERTISEMENT

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F

I don't like originals.
iu

Always good to see John Ashton. Hopefully Ronny Cox makes an appearance as Bogomil, but I'm not hopeful. At least Paul Reiser's back.

Ronny Cox.

With all due respect to Mister Cohaagen, I’m shocked he’s still alive. In 1990, he already looked like Patrick Stewart’s dad.

IMG-3267.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: ericram
I recently watched Beverly Hills Cop with my son. Hadn't seen it since I was a middle schooler.

I thought it held up great. Good jokes, and just a tight story. And its an awesome reminder of Eddie Murphy's charisma in that era...it just blasts off the screen. I'm not sure anyone else has had that easy million megawatt comedic charisma that he had in that era. He as like 23 years old...a legitimate phenom and prodigy. It's easy forget over the last several decades of forgettable output, but there was really nothing like 1980s Eddie Murphy.

It's also such an example of a simpler time for movies like this...get in, jokes, action, get out. If this had been made 10 years later it would have been made by Michael Bay or Rolan Emmerich and it would have been 2 hours 50 minutes long, and involved a global US military conspiracy and/or Aliens.

It works so freaking good, you watch it and its really amazing that they can't just make simple tight action comedies like that anymore.

Watched the trailers on Netflix and wasn’t impressed, so I passed on watching.

Trying to recapture nostalgia is a difficult thing, and I wish Eddie would’ve used what talent he has left for something original and new.

Thought it was okay. Maybe a 6.5 out of 10. Definitely didn't live up to the legacy

I chuckled at the hidden Shrek reference

Last edited:
I watched it yesterday and loved it. It's nowhere as good as Top Gun Maverick but I enjoyed it. It was much better than I was expecting it to be.

Reactions: Dorrman
Looked like something i saw before and maybe another time too.

Like the music and will have to go look for the albums.

Rewatched the original for the first time in years on Wed, then watched this last night. Wasn't that bad, definitely not as good as Top Gun or as bad as Coming to America 2. Liked the music of course. Bit depressing how old everyone is now but so am I so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rewatched the original for the first time in years on Wed, then watched this last night. Wasn't that bad, definitely not as good as Top Gun or as bad as Coming to America 2. Liked the music of course. Bit depressing how old everyone is now but so am I so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
bruce springsteen baseball GIF by Columbia Records

It was pretty fun. I LOL a couple of times. I didn't catch myself looking at my phone much so that is a pretty good sign. If you have Netflix its worth a watch.

I thought coming 2 America was entertaining. Not as good as the first obviously, but still funny. Top gun maverick is a tremendous sequel and imo better than the first. A rare thing to say.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT