ADVERTISEMENT

Biden announces US will build pier on Gaza shore for large-scale aid delivery

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Pretty big development from the speech.

US forces will build a temporary dock on the Gaza shoreline to allow delivery of humanitarian aid on a large scale, Joe Biden announced in his State of the Union speech, amid warnings of a widespread famine among the territory’s 2.3 million Palestinians.

“Nearly two million more Palestinians under bombardment or displaced, homes destroyed, neighborhoods in rubble, cities in ruin, families without food, water, medicine. It’s heartbreaking,” Biden said on Thursday night, declaring that the US was leading humanitarian relief efforts.

“Tonight, I’m directing the US military to lead an emergency mission to establish a temporary pier in the Mediterranean on the Gaza coast that can receive large ships carrying food, water, medicine and temporary shelters,” the president said.

He promised “no US boots will be on the ground”, and said: “This temporary pier would enable a massive increase in the amount of humanitarian assistance getting into Gaza every day.”

But Biden warned Israel that it “must also do its part.”

“To the leadership of Israel I say this,” he said. “Humanitarian assistance cannot be a secondary consideration or a bargaining chip. Protecting and saving innocent lives has to be a priority.”

Netanyahu will do whatever he can to impede the flow of aid. He has no plan to get out of Gaza. He's going to keep the war going for as long as possible in order to stay in power, and out of prison. Aid to starving children isn't good messaging to his base.

Reactions: BelemNole
So how exactly does the US military build a port in Gaza without putting any boots on the ground? I know some Seabees and they are good; but not that good.

Reactions: goldmom
So how exactly does the US military build a port in Gaza without putting any boots on the ground? I know some Seabees and they are good; but not that good.
It'll be an interesting situation. Not sure how we're going to actually do this...haven't seen any details on it.

If I build a pier outside my house will the government send me what I need as well?
It should be a lot safer and cheaper for everyone involved as well.

Reactions: Finance85
I'm pretty sure the Hamas leadership isn't gonna want that to happen...but there are probably quite a few rank and file jihadists that would love to take a few pot shots.
I don't have near as much faith in that terrorist organization as you. It would be a prime target and prized accomplishment amongst the jihadists IMO. Any day is a good day to take out Americans in their world.

Reactions: goldmom
I don't have near as much faith in that terrorist organization as you. It would be a prime target and prized accomplishment amongst the jihadists IMO. Any day is a good day to take out Americans in their world.
I have no faith in a terrorist organization either but in this case I don't think they'd want that....I could obviously be wrong in that assumption.

I wonder why Qatar, UAE, and Arab NGO’s like the Red Crescent didn’t come up with this first?

Maybe they just don’t have the money? Nope, they got the money.

Maybe they don’t have the resources? Possibly, but their money could solve that easily.

Maybe they don’t want to help? ………………….

Navy and Marines have a lot of ways to dump supplies on the beach.

I guess they're afraid of running over idiots with a hovercraft or something.

I wonder why Qatar, UAE, and Arab NGO’s like the Red Crescent didn’t come up with this first?

Maybe they just don’t have the money? Nope, they got the money.

Maybe they don’t have the resources? Possibly, but their money could solve that easily.

Maybe they don’t want to help? ………………….
Israel would blow it up as they should

They won't blow it up if there is a US presence there. But they should

The people in Gaza can end this by next week if they want. Surrender exists and would be accepted. Has Hamas surrendered? No?

You think people that intentionally target and murder men, women and children are reasonable?
I think it doesn’t fit with their political goals.

Killing women and children helps drive a wedge between the US and Israel. We’re seeing it developing over the last few months.

Killing US service members closes up that wedge.

That said a rogue Jihadist might find a target like this too tempting

Biden is awful! Hopefully the House can stop this with no funding. Why the F would we spend a damn dime helping Hamas? Only Biden and the dims think this is a good idea.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
i haven’t looked at the map but will ships carrying aid have to dodge houthi missiles?

Building Biden’s Gaza pier could take 60 days, Pentagon says​

US military says constructing dock for humanitarian aid to Gaza Strip may take two months and 1,000 troops.

Is the 60 days under RPG, drone and rocket fire from Hamas or under normal conditions?

What are the rules of engagement WHEN U.S. troops come under attack?

Is the 60 days under RPG, drone and rocket fire from Hamas or under normal conditions?

What are the rules of engagement WHEN U.S. troops come under attack?
The second article states that Israeli forces will be in charge of security fwiw.

Cool. They’re building a poodle and beef jerky store right next to the pit bull fight training gym up the street from here. Should be successful.

This is a terrible waste of funds and resources and potentially puts our soldiers in harm's way. We dump billions into Israel already , have them build a pier if they think it is necessary.
Any funds used to construct this pier should be taken from the money usually sent to Israel.

What do you think will be finished first? Our plans on building the pier or their plans to blow it up?

US military ship heading to Gaza to build port​

A US military ship is sailing towards the Middle East, carrying equipment to build a temporary pier off the coast of Gaza, the army says.

The support ship, General Frank S Besson, set sail from a military base in the state of Virginia on Saturday.

It comes after President Joe Biden said the US would build the floating harbour to help get aid into Gaza by sea.

The UN has warned that famine in the Gaza Strip is "almost inevitable" and children are starving to death.

The US and Jordan carried out an airdrop on Sunday, parachuting in more than 11,500 meals that included rice, flour, pasta, and canned food, the US military said.

The US ship departed "less than 36 hours" after Mr Biden made his announcement, US Central Command wrote on X.

It is "carrying the first equipment to establish a temporary pier to deliver vital humanitarian supplies" to Gaza, the statement continued.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT