ADVERTISEMENT

Biden approval rating among Democrats drops to lowest of presidency: Gallup

binsfeldcyhawk2

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 13, 2006
Looks like supporting Israel is a driver of the downturn...

President Biden’s approval rating among Democratic respondents saw a double-digit decline in the past month, resulting in one of the lowest in his presidency, according to a Gallup poll released Thursday.

The survey found that 75 percent of Democrat respondents approve of the job Biden is doing as president, down 11 points from last month’s poll.

In comparison, 35 percent of independent respondents said they approve of Biden’s performance, which dipped 4 points from September.

Republican respondents’ views of Biden remain unchanged; 5 percent said they approve of the job Biden is doing as president, according to the poll.

Biden also saw a drop in his overall approval rating to 37 percent; 59 percent of those surveyed think otherwise. The overall rating is a 4-point decrease from last month’s poll.

The Gallup poll was released two weeks after Hamas’s surprise attack against Israel, which resulted in the deaths of 1,400 people in Israel. About 200 others were taken hostage by the militant group.

In response, Israel has launched a series of airstrikes in Gaza, resulting in the deaths of more than 7,000 people and injuries to more than 18,000 more, according to a Thursday update from the Gaza Health Ministry.

Biden, along with other Western allies, has signaled support for Israel. The House approved a resolution Wednesday night that expressed support for Israel and condemned the Hamas attack.

The Gallup poll was conducted Oct. 2-23 with a total of 1,009 respondents. The poll’s margin of error was 4 percentage points.

• Love
Reactions: Here_4_a_Day
The latest downturn in Biden’s job rating, from an Oct. 2-23 Gallup poll, comes in the wake of the Oct. 7 surprise attack on Israel by Hamas militants that resulted in at least 1,400 deaths and more than 200 kidnappings. The attack by Hamas precipitated a counteroffensive by Israel, which has resulted in an estimated 5,000 deaths in Gaza thus far while also setting off a humanitarian crisis.

Immediately after the attack, Biden pledged “rock solid and unwavering” support for Israel from the U.S., and he subsequently visited the country on Oct. 18 to reiterate that message. But Biden has faced criticism from some members of his party for aligning too closely with Israel and not doing enough for the Palestinians. Some prominent Democratic lawmakers and protesters around the U.S. have called for Biden to do more to help the millions of Palestinians who are in need of humanitarian aid as Israel attempts to eradicate Hamas.

Early this year, Gallup found that for the first time in the U.S., Democrats’ sympathies for the Palestinians outpaced those for the Israelis. Although the survey is not designed to allow for statistically reliable estimates for any subset of the three-week polling period, the daily results strongly suggest that Democrats’ approval of Biden fell sharply in the aftermath of the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas and Biden’s promise of full support for Israel on the same day. Biden’s current 75% approval rating among Democrats is well below the 86% average from his own party throughout his presidency.

Meanwhile, Biden’s approval rating from Republicans has been consistently low and in the single digits for more than two years, while his rating from independents has been more variable but generally weak since July 2021.

It’s crazy to think Biden supporting a nation that was attacked by an evil terrorist group is what is making him unpopular with his base.

Think about that for a second…

In my opinion this has been Biden’s finest moment as POTUS.

Where does it say that's why he's lost popularity with Democrats? Before thinking about it, I'd want to consider if it's actually true, because it's not in the OP.

Reactions: srams21
It’s crazy to think Biden supporting a nation that was attacked by an evil terrorist group is what is making him unpopular with his base.

Yep, it’s sad supporting Israel after their 9/11 is a deal breaker for some nut job Dems. It’s really unbelievable.

Biden still needs to do the right thing and not seek a second term.

Looks like supporting Israel is a driver of the downturn...

President Biden’s approval rating among Democratic respondents saw a double-digit decline in the past month, resulting in one of the lowest in his presidency, according to a Gallup poll released Thursday.

The survey found that 75 percent of Democrat respondents approve of the job Biden is doing as president, down 11 points from last month’s poll.

In comparison, 35 percent of independent respondents said they approve of Biden’s performance, which dipped 4 points from September.

Republican respondents’ views of Biden remain unchanged; 5 percent said they approve of the job Biden is doing as president, according to the poll.

Biden also saw a drop in his overall approval rating to 37 percent; 59 percent of those surveyed think otherwise. The overall rating is a 4-point decrease from last month’s poll.

The Gallup poll was released two weeks after Hamas’s surprise attack against Israel, which resulted in the deaths of 1,400 people in Israel. About 200 others were taken hostage by the militant group.

In response, Israel has launched a series of airstrikes in Gaza, resulting in the deaths of more than 7,000 people and injuries to more than 18,000 more, according to a Thursday update from the Gaza Health Ministry.

Biden, along with other Western allies, has signaled support for Israel. The House approved a resolution Wednesday night that expressed support for Israel and condemned the Hamas attack.

The Gallup poll was conducted Oct. 2-23 with a total of 1,009 respondents. The poll’s margin of error was 4 percentage points.

You live for this shit.

Reactions: JRHawk2003

Totally agree.

I agree, and it's not close. He's been unequivocal about it, and in doing so is standing down a lot of his base, and a lot of his administration.
Yep...but if the D Hamas caucus increases in size there will be a lot of pressure on him to reverse course.

post #4 from gallup

It's an opinion but it correlates with previous polling on D support for Israel...

Thanks, not exactly scientific but that is their interpretation of the results.

They touch on it, but it can't be discerned from a simple approval rating if the issue is support for Israel or a lack of support for Palestinian victims. Sometimes it feels like it's presented as you're either for Israel or for Palestinians.

Thanks, not exactly scientific but that is their interpretation of the results.

They touch on it, but it can't be discerned from a simple approval rating if the issue is support for Israel or a lack of support for Palestinian victims. Sometimes it feels like it's presented as you're either for Israel or for Palestinians.
It's a precipitous drop from what had been pretty consistent numbers for Joe amongst D's.

9 D's voted against the Israel resolution yesterday (pretty much the squad members) so that faction is there.

Probably he said something to piss off the maga scum and it trying to get back in good graces with them.

I think he just craves attention, I don't get the impression that he cares if it's positive attention from MAGAs or critical attention from anyone else.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
Probably he said something to piss off the maga scum and it trying to get back in good graces with them.
Do the world a favor, kill yourself.

Kill yourself. Do the farm animals a favor.

Kill yourself, nazi.

Kill yourself, pervert.

Kill yourself, pervert.

Kill yourself dimwit. F**king idiots like yourself suck up the rhetoric of the lying fascist right wing in Iowa and you are too stupid to actually think. You might as well be dead since you are just a burden on society.

I’ve been a registered Republican supporter since 94’ and IMHO this is the one thing he hasn’t f*cked up since he’s been president. He’s actually showed balls by doubling down on his support for Israel despite many in the left supporting Palestine. He’s really exposing the far left as a bunch of irrational extremists. It’d be great if we could go back to when we had majority moderates on both sides where compromises were commonplace.

I'm sorry....I don't know what else to call folks that voted against condemning Hamas.

I don't know why I bother and give you the attention you seek, but if you read the link, they didn't just vote against condemning Hamas. The link even includes statements from the nine that explain their rationale, some even explicitly state that they condemn Hamas.

Whatever, I'm sure you'll get plenty of action from poster who are willing to participate in your shtick. Good luck.

It's crazy on many many levels.

First, as a general principle in American political science, it's fairly well documented people generally just like Presidents, and they almost invariably like them more in times of foreign policy crises. This is completely at cross-currents to the norm

Second, as you note, just as is the case with Ukraine, while there are certainly very legitimate concerns for protecting civilians, there really shouldn't be much debate that he is supporting the side that is in the right.

Third, while I'm definitely reserving judgment about whether this is his finest moment, (I) it is at the very least one of his more coherent (non-pejorative meaning) moments, and (ii) as I've said elsewhere, I'm impressed that he seems to have learned from UKR that sometimes you can mitigate risk by putting Americans closer to harm's way earlier, rather than later, in the process. My reservations relate to (i) the fact that this seems to have been an intelligence surprise and (ii) not only that, given our current force movements, I'm wondering a bit whether we've been caught with our pants down from a planning and logistics perspective in a case involving relatively foreseeable risks.

Biden’s net approval rating is only slightly higher than Trump’s at the same point in his term.

So, the president with the lowest average approval rating in history is running for reelection against the president with the second lowest approval rating in history.

How did it come to this?

I don't know why I bother and give you the attention you seek, but if you read the link, they didn't just vote against condemning Hamas. The link even includes statements from the nine that explain their rationale, some even explicitly state that they condemn Hamas.

Whatever, I'm sure you'll get plenty of action from poster who are willing to participate in your shtick. Good luck.
Fair enough.

Biden needs to drop out. We can’t afford four more years of Trump.
Not sure I understand this logic. I get it if you don't like Trump and all that comes with him but the country was way better off on almost every measurable aspect, not to mention foreign issues are currently a giant back of crap.

• Haha
Not sure I understand this logic. I get it if you don't like Trump and all that comes with him but the country was way better off on almost every measurable aspect, not to mention foreign issues are currently a giant back of crap.
Yep. 10 million lost jobs. Raging pandemic. Still in Afghanistan. Negotiating with the Taliban. Supporting Putin. We were way better off under Trump.

Actually. I think Trump is the only candidate he can beat.
I'm not sure about this. Reality is that the Rs want Trump and only Trump. Replace him with Meatball Ron or Nikki and poof! A substantial percentage of Rs will stay home.

I'm not sure about this. Reality is that the Rs want Trump and only Trump. Replace him with Meatball Ron or Nikki and poof! A substantial percentage of Rs will stay home.

Nah,.. R's will come out against Biden no matter who's running. Nobody's staying home.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT