ADVERTISEMENT

Biden calls on snack companies to stop shrinkflation ahead of Super Bowl

Like I said before. Some of you are too stupid to insult. There is zero chance any of what you said is true. The dollar isn't the standard and hasn't been for a long time. Besides what policies are you referring to? Your side keeps saying they exist but no one can list them out.
The dollar makes up 60% of foreign exchange reserves 12 countries/state officially peg their currency to the dollar with others unofficially doing the same. Dollar denominated oil purchases still control, etc.

In Europe PEPP added $1.3 trillion to the money supply. Individual countries had direct stimulus programs and forgave loans.

In the United States we had PPP, BBB, and direct cash handouts.

Maybe read some Milton Friedman.

Reactions: Finance85
There should be mandatory free snacks on Super Bowl Sunday. One free family size bag per household member, void where prohibited.

Oh and in before $34T.

Because he doesn't understand that even with reduced inflation prices are still increasing,... Joe has only recently become senile, he has never been smart.
I think you are retired, right? When you were in the work force did you happen to have a job at a company that needed to make money to survive, or to satisfy ownership/shareholders? How often did you reduce what you charged your customers?

I think you are retired, right? When you were in the work force did you happen to have a job at a company that needed to make money to survive, or to satisfy ownership/shareholders? How often did you reduce what you charged your customers?

Rarely,.. not retired.

Fantastic bar. Great live music. Had Friday matinee that started at 3:00 PM. Fun way to start the weekend. Oh to be 18 again.

He said it was great live music and they were 18 and could drink beer legally. I think it turned to 21 in '79?

Don't you always need to be competitive in your marketplace? Cloud services for example? Prices for Storage as a Service, Internet, Compute, etc normally come down over time as economies of scale come into play. You have to be charge less or add value to a higher price.

Bad energy policies? We’re at peak oil production and energy prices are the lowest they’ve been in years.

Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon. Biden and Trump both supported enormous amounts of helicopter money.
Our 'record' energy production is slightly above peak energy production when COVID hit. That's not much of a testimony when demand has been increasing as well.

I do agree with adding to the money supply by borrowing is required, but petroleum is required for everything. Inflation is also cumulative, so fuel prices going down doesn't make up for consumer prices having a new floor.

He said it was great live music and they were 18 and could drink beer legally. I think it turned to 21 in '79?
I believe in Iowa it went from 18 to 19 in 1978. I was not of legal drinking age my freshman year of college (but back then many places didn't check), but I was from then on. I think it went to from 19 to 21 in Fall of 1986 and there was a grandfather clause. If you turned 19 prior to September 1, 1986, you were legal. If after September 1, then it was 21 for you. One of my siblings turned 19 in August 1986, barely made it. Our local bar had dime draws on Tuesdays and dollar pitchers quite often.

Almost forgot - a high school classmate wasn't the best student and turned 19 spring of our junior year! That made for some fun weekends.

Last edited:
The dollar makes up 60% of foreign exchange reserves 12 countries/state officially peg their currency to the dollar with others unofficially doing the same. Dollar denominated oil purchases still control, etc.

In Europe PEPP added $1.3 trillion to the money supply. Individual countries had direct stimulus programs and forgave loans.

In the United States we had PPP, BBB, and direct cash handouts.

Maybe read some Milton Friedman.
Again what policies did Biden enact that caused global inflatiion?

Don't you always need to be competitive in your marketplace? Cloud services for example? Prices for Storage as a Service, Internet, Compute, etc normally come down over time as economies of scale come into play. You have to be charge less or add value to a higher price.
It depends on what you are selling. My company sells superior services and relationships, right up until you don't pay what we want. Junk food manufacturers aren't offering a superior product, they just offer what fat Americans want. If fat Americans are going to keep shelling out a lot of money to be even fatter I don't know what anyone can/should do.

If Biden was really looking out for Americans he'd be encouraging those companies to shrink them down even further. Americans are too fat and eat too much unhealthy crap.

Why would Joe think prices would drop because inflation is decreasing?

'it's not as more expensive as it was this time last year so...'
Prices are dropping in some cases. In our stores, we have found some suppliers/brands have lowered their prices. I assume they are doing this in response to stores not selling their products at the same speed they did before they raised their prices. Many companies got a little greedy while inflation was rising and they were adding to the problem. I'm seeing more and more shoppers each week, which is giving me hope.

Prices are dropping in some cases. In our stores, we have found some suppliers/brands have lowered their prices. I assume they are doing this in response to stores not selling their products at the same speed they did before they raised their prices. Many companies got a little greedy while inflation was rising and they were adding to the problem. I'm seeing more and more shoppers each week, which is giving me hope.
I do think companies use inflation as a way to raise prices, and I definitely think a lot did that using COVID and supply chain issues as an excuse.

Across industries.

If Biden was really looking out for Americans he'd be encouraging those companies to shrink them down even further. Americans are too fat and eat too much unhealthy crap.

Physicals and fitness tests on an annual basis with incentives to reduced insurance premiums.

Healthy people pay lower premiums, unhealthy people pay higher premiums.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk
vanilla-bean.v3.png

My favorite ice cream, used to be a half gallon is now 48 fl oz. :mad: It also is called " dairy desert " because the cream content is too low to qualify as ice cream. Thanks Biden...

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Physicals and fitness tests on an annual basis with incentives to reduced insurance premiums.

Healthy people pay lower premiums, unhealthy people pay higher premiums.

We do this on a modified one way basis.

Everyone pays base rate.

Do annual physicals, A1C testing, health education and testing, gym memberships, other activities to get you moving …. all earn a certain number of points.

Enough points in a year and you get a substantial reduction in your base rate next year - like a ballpark 20% reduction.

So no penalty for being unhealthy, but substantial reward for trying to get healthy. Puts some skin in the game for everyone.

Reactions: jonesy5960

Everyone pays base rate.

Do annual physicals, A1C testing, health education and testing, gym memberships, other activities to get you moving …. all earn a certain number of points.

Enough points in a year and you get a substantial reduction in your base rate next year - like a ballpark 20% reduction.

So no penalty for being unhealthy, but substantial reward for trying to get healthy. Puts some skin in the game for everyone.
This is the correct approach.

Everyone pays base rate.

This is the correct approach.

And who exactly is going to make up for the 20% loss in premiums?

Like I said before. Some of you are too stupid to insult. There is zero chance any of what you said is true. The dollar isn't the standard and hasn't been for a long time. Besides what policies are you referring to? Your side keeps saying they exist but no one can list them out.
Disagree.

The $ is denomination used in about 60% of global trade and is the primary currency held as reserves.

Really? How did that spending create inflation? What energy policies caused inflation? You don't get to make a claim and assume it's true. Inflation was global. Did Biden's policies cause it?

Some of you are too stupid to insult.
Spending puts $ in pockets. Take away the spending and people don't have $ to spend.

Companies need to sell their service or product. Cut spending and raise taxes and people have less $ to spend. If spending slows down, then companies will drop their prices. That is called the Law of Supply & Demand. Your giving me the Liberal MMT approach.

Corporate greed only occurs if the conditions are ripe for it, meaning they, the public, have $ to spend. Take away that $ and corporate survival becomes a bigger priority than corporate greed.

Taxes should be hiked and spending cut and that is only Fiscal Policy.

I hear nobody on this board talking about Monetary Policy. The Fed added $9 Trillion through Quantitative Easing. When Silicon Valley Bank went under, the Fed bailed out banks with another $400 Billion.

How come nobody talks about that?

Last edited:
I do think companies use inflation as a way to raise prices, and I definitely think a lot did that using COVID and supply chain issues as an excuse.

Across industries.
Agreed. There were legitimate issues but I feel many companies pushed the price hikes too far.

Reactions: sober_teacher
vanilla-bean.v3.png

My favorite ice cream, used to be a half gallon is now 48 fl oz. :mad: It also is called " dairy desert " because the cream content is too low to qualify as ice cream. Thanks Biden...

I noticed that some brands that used to have three 2/3 cup servings in its pint now have 2.5 servings. I'm looking at you, Van Leeuwen

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT