ADVERTISEMENT

Biden has nominated Dr. Rachel Levine, a transgendered American, to be Asst. Secretary of Health

Gender is a human construct. It means whatever we decide it means. There have been "other" genders throughout human history. Just because that makes you uncomfortable doesn't make it any less true.

I think there are real biological inputs into gender... you know, if you see trends across cultures. If you see some constants in notions of say, femininity, across many cultures. Of course that's probably biological input.

But there is the cultural input too. And so you could see all kinds of different genders emerge. And you could argue that you have your own personal gender identity.

The problem there is that there is infinite possibilities (see explanding LGBTQ acronym) and you can't possibly expect everybody to stay on top of your personal take on things.

That's where they jump the shark and become a bit absurd in their demands of society.

(and we seem to have a bunch of kids that like creatively coming up with stuff and then attack anyone for any sort of misstep in understanding and compassion... there are layers to this)

Should have gone with Weird Al Yankovic...
A_Yankovic_Publicity_009-767x1024.jpg

Dr._Levine_State_Portrait.jpg

Reactions: Chuck C
You made the claim, don't make me go searching for the evidence.
It's not a "claim", it's accepted, documented fact. But I am not your research assistant. I have a job. If you would like to learn more feel free to do the search and delve into it on your own time.

I think there are real biological inputs into gender... you know, if you see trends across cultures. If you see some constants in notions of say, femininity, across many cultures. Of course that's probably biological input.

But there is the cultural input too. And so you could see all kinds of different genders emerge. And you could argue that you have your own personal gender identity.

The problem there is that there is infinite possibilities (see explanding LGBTQ acronym) and you can't possibly expect everybody to stay on top of your personal take on things.

That's where they jump the shark and become a bit absurd in their demands of society.

(and we seem to have a bunch of kids that like creatively coming up with stuff and then attack anyone for any sort of misstep in understanding and compassion... there are layers to this)
Are there? If so then why only in humans? Does your female dog act any differently than your male dog? Does it take on different roles in your house? How about birds, can you tell the difference aside from plumage? Different species have different roles on caring for young, but that varies greatly. But you don't only get female cats because they're more nurturing and caring, whereas the males are all better hunters.

Gender and biological sex ment the same things until some people decided that it was cool for people to run around claiming to be something they arn't.

I don't personally believe that there is a difference. There is what a person is and what a person pretends to be.

I label people based on what they are. It's his right to pretend he's a woman, that's sort of what freedom is about. But that isn't what he is.

He's just a man who likely got his penis and testicles cut off injects himself full of hormones and let his hair grow long and curled it, put some make up on and wears women's clothes.

But this ladies and gentlemen is still a man.

can't fap to this

Gender and biological sex ment the same things until some people decided that it was cool for people to run around claiming to be something they arn't.

I don't personally believe that there is a difference. There is what a person is and what a person pretends to be.

I label people based on what they are. It's his right to pretend he's a woman, that's sort of what freedom is about. But that isn't what he is.

He's just a man who likely got his penis and testicles cut off injects himself full of hormones and let his hair grow long and curled it, put some make up on and wears women's clothes.

But this ladies and gentlemen is still a man.

Well we know what you are.....

Are there? If so then why only in humans? Does your female dog act any differently than your male dog? Does it take on different roles in your house? How about birds, can you tell the difference aside from plumage? Different species have different roles on caring for young, but that varies greatly. But you don't only get female cats because they're more nurturing and caring, whereas the males are all better hunters.

As a person who grew up with birds as pets, in fact all through high school we had 10 different birds in the house. My parents still have a few birds.

I can tell you that female birds and male birds act differently. Some species/breeds you can't tell by plumage but you can tell by the way they act. And then you can confirm it by seeing how they masterbate.

LOL...yeah..."clearly a woman". So you just blew your credibility to shit on this.

I am basing that mostly on context, although the shape of the jaw doesn't look right for a man.

That said this isn't ultimately so much about looks as it is about sheer reality. Some things you are born that way and you just can't change. This is one of them.

As a person who grew up with birds as pets, in fact all through high school we had 10 different birds in the house. My parents still have a few birds.

I can tell you that female birds and male birds act differently. Some species/breeds you can't tell by plumage but you can tell by the way they act. And then you can confirm it by seeing how they masterbate.
Did they take on different roles in the house? Did the female birds clean the cage the the males provide the food? Did the females fly differently? Suggestively?

Did they take on different roles in the house? Did the female birds clean the cage the the males provide the food? Did the females fly differently? Suggestively?

Females are more affectionate and docile. The males more playful and vocal.

There are advantages to both. If you want a bird who's going to whistle, talk, or do funny things like dance to music or get in a fight with the bird in the mirror. . . you want a male.

If you want a bird that is going to sit and be affectionate with you, snuggle up to you . . . generally you want a female.

I don't know how it is with dogs, I have limited experience with them and the experience I do have with them is exclusively with male dogs. My parents got one just after I finished college and I got one with my wife when we got married.

I can’t be the only poster here who wants to learn more about the difference between how female birds and male birds masturbate.

Drop some knowledge on us, Hoosier.

I can’t be the only poster here who wants to learn more about the difference between how female birds and male birds masturbate.

Drop some knowledge on us, Hoosier.

Male

Female

The funny thing is the male beside this female appears disappointed that he wasn't in on the action.

Reactions: TJ8869
Females are more affectionate and docile. The males more playful and vocal.

There are advantages to both. If you want a bird who's going to whistle, talk, or do funny things like dance to music or get in a fight with the bird in the mirror. . . you want a male.

If you want a bird that is going to sit and be affectionate with you, snuggle up to you . . . generally you want a female.

I don't know how it is with dogs, I have limited experience with them and the experience I do have with them is exclusively with male dogs. My parents got one just after I finished college and I got one with my wife when we got married.
So...no. They didn't take on any gender roles.

Since you have clearly not done your assigned research here are a few items to start with:

So...no. They didn't take on any gender roles.

Since you have clearly not done your assigned research here are a few items to start with:

I'm not saying that they have gender roles, I'm saying that they generally behave differnetly.

I would argue that's true with humans as well.

If you are talking about gender roles such as who cares for the children/cleans the house/fixes the cars . . . I don't believe in that at all. I go with whoever it makes most sense to do it.

I'm not saying that they have gender roles, I'm saying that they generally behave differnetly.

I would argue that's true with humans as well.

If you are talking about gender roles such as who cares for the children/cleans the house/fixes the cars . . . I don't believe in that at all. I go with whoever it makes most sense to do it.
So men can't be compassionate and caring? That's a woman's trait? Women can't be strong and brave? Men's gender trait?

So men can't be compassionate and caring? That's a woman's trait? Women can't be strong and brave? Men's gender trait?

Again I'm not saying they can't do those things.

However I will point out that women generally don't apply for the most dangerous jobs in the world. . . even when they specifically look for female candidates. The ones who do certainly would qualify.

Again I'm not saying they can't do those things.

However I will point out that women generally don't apply for the most dangerous jobs in the world. . . even when they specifically look for female candidates. The ones who do certainly would qualify.
So...you're saying that the rules aren't hard and fast? Great, debate ended. Gender isn't binary.

Oh, no comment on the receipts I provided on the history of third gender?

You have two things going on at the same time. Biological sex (he) and gender identity (she)

Referring to the person as a (she) doesn't mean failing to realize their biological sex. They can coexist.

You can have THREE things going on at the same time. Genetics, Biological (which is not the same as genetics, the mother’s as well as fetuses hormones control almost as much as genetics), and Identity/Psychological. You can have someone who is genetically an XX female but due to hormones turned out intersex or even wholly male, but due to the small phallus was genetically altered at birth to be female (which is what happens to a lot of intersex or small phalluses individuals). But this person identifies as male. So genetically female, physically intersex altered to female but believes he is a male. As many as 1.7% percent of Americans are intersex in some way shape or form meaning ambiguous genitals and genetic divergence from standard xx and xy (you see all kinds from XO or XNull to XXYY and everything in between like XYY).

Reactions: BelemNole
So...you're saying that the rules aren't hard and fast? Great, debate ended. Gender isn't binary.

Oh, no comment on the receipts I provided on the history of third gender?

How people act is not binary. The question of if you are a man or a woman. . . that for the most part is excepting the few (very few) that were born with both.

Amazing the twist people get into to ignore basic science isn't it?

Good for her on her appointment. Sounds like she is qualified. So does her appointment and income count towards narrowing the wage and leadership gap? One more woman in role of power right ladies?

It isn't like she is running high school track.

I hope she does a good job. She seems really qualified for the role.

I wish you well Dr. Levine, you have my admiration. You've got some pretty big balls to expose yourself to the bigotry that's sure to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT