ADVERTISEMENT

Biden reminisces about visiting Tree of Life while speaking to Jewish leaders at the start of the High Holidays

TJ8869

HB King
Dec 7, 2006
Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are coming up soon and President Biden marked the start of the Jewish High Holidays by holding a teleconference with Jewish leaders. During his remarks he recalled spending time at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh and speaking with the people there.

Tree of Life was of course the site of a 2018 anti-Semitic massacre that left 11 people dead.

There’s just one problem with Biden’s recollection - the executive director of Tree of Life says Biden has never been there.

CNN has reached out to the White House for comment. So far they have not responded. I look forward to seeing how Jen tries to spin this.

Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are coming up soon and President Biden marked the start of the Jewish High Holidays by holding a teleconference with Jewish leaders. During his remarks he recalled spending time at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh and speaking with the people there.

Tree of Life was of course the site of a 2018 anti-Semitic massacre that left 11 people dead.

There’s just one problem with Biden’s recollection - the executive director of Tree of Life says Biden has never been there.

CNN has reached out to the White House for comment. So far they have not responded. I look forward to seeing how Jen tries to spin this.

Had the reporter spent more time defending and not criticizing Biden, I would have sworn that was @Joes Place with his overuse of air quotes.

• Haha
Reactions: Finance85

Liar in Chief strikes again.

Looks like he went all Brian Williams there!

Not a good look at all, but I also doubt trying to get away with a lie. Prolly has attended quite a few memorials for mass shootings and probably had some remarks for this one and confused not making them there. But, you can’t be confused about that sort of thing. He’s always been a walking gaffe!

But Trump was a f—king idiot, so this is OK.

Figured I would save our blue friends some time.
How many libs have you seen defending Biden the way Trump chumps to this day vociferously defend Trump? I mean, lol, just yesterday @haw-key got his panties in a twist defending Trump’s disinfectant presser, and the dude is in the medical field! Lol

Looks like he went all Brian Williams there!

Not a good look at all, but I also doubt trying to get away with a lie. Prolly has attended quite a few memorials for mass shootings and probably had some remarks for this one and confused not making them there. But, you can’t be confused about that sort of thing. He’s always been a walking gaffe!
This. Biden has done more of these things than any of us probably realize. Still needs to be called out for being incorrect, but not even in the top 10 of terrible gaffes.

not even an age thing to me. How many of us have been told a story so many times that when we tell it to others we start to believe we were there too?

Someone needs to remind Jen Psaki that you lose those sick leave days if you don't use them.

Reactions: KFSuperStar
He is most likely confused. And no, it’s not comforting. For two reasons:

2. There have been so many mass shootings in this country even I can’t keep all of them straight.
There have been way too many mass shootings, but this one stood out as unique in that the gunman was specifically targeting Jews. Most mass shootings are targets of opportunity, like Vegas, or locations where the shooter worked or attended school.

The Tree of Life massacre specifically targeted Jews and it was the mass shooting that really started placing an emphasis on white supremacists and ultra right wing hate groups as being the biggest threat to Americans.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
How many libs have you seen defending Biden the way Trump chumps to this day vociferously defend Trump? I mean, lol, just yesterday @haw-key got his panties in a twist defending Trump’s disinfectant presser, and the dude is in the medical field! Lol

Do I need to introduce you to Huey, or PJ, or Menace Sockeyes, or Joe’s Place or Chis? Check out the posts on the botching of the Afghan withdrawal.

No one side has the market cornered in politically generated cognitive dissonance.

Trump is a massive f—king idiot, AND this is not OK.
FIFY. Using “but” instead of “and” implies that there is some sort of connection between Trump’s idiocy and Biden lying. This stands in it’s own and has zero to do with Trump.

Reactions: INXS83
Do I need to introduce you to Huey, or PJ, or Menace Sockeyes, or Joe’s Place or Chis? Check out the posts on the botching of the Afghan withdrawal.

No one side has the market cornered in politically generated cognitive dissonance.
In response to your first paragraph: I’m the one who coined the epithets Chis-bomb and Huey Clueless & The News, so I’m acutely aware. My point was plenty of Dems in Congress and mainstream media folks have been critical of Biden when appropriate. Compare that to their Republican and Faux News counterparts during the Trump years and the whole “both sides” narrative falls woefully short in this particular case.

In response to your second paragraph: I agree. And have been pretty clear on here that tribalism is not unique to Republicans. With that said, Democrats often suck at it, as they tend to eat their own.

Reactions: Tom Paris
In response to your first paragraph: I’m the one who coined the epithets Chis-bomb and Huey Clueless & The News, so I’m acutely aware. My point was plenty of Dems in Congress and mainstream media folks have been critical of Biden when appropriate. Compare that to their Republican and Faux News counterparts during the Trump years and the whole “both sides” narrative falls woefully short in this particular case.

In response to your second paragraph: I agree. And have been pretty clear on here that tribalism is not unique to Republicans. With that said, Democrats often suck at it, as they tend to eat their own.

Remind me again who all of the Dems that were critical of the Afghan debacle? Link to MSNBC commentators denouncing his actions? There were far to many on the right that defended him and Fox News went full moron for Trump. There were Ben Sasse, Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney’s types that spoke out strongly against it. Saying that there is somehow a less offensive level of tribalism from the left is simply naive and wrong. The absolute worst thing about what Trump did from a near term perspective is give the left the ability to say the words “BUT Trump was worse” after every idiotic thing Biden does.

Remind me again who all of the Dems that were critical of the Afghan debacle? Link to MSNBC commentators denouncing his actions? There were far to many on the right that defended him and Fox News went full moron for Trump. There were Ben Sasse, Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney’s types that spoke out strongly against it. Saying that there is somehow a less offensive level of tribalism from the left is simply naive and wrong. The absolute worst thing about what Trump did from a near term perspective is give the left the ability to say the words “BUT Trump was worse” after every idiotic thing Biden does.

My late grandmother used to refer to those as “senior moments.”
Reagan confused scenes from films he had been in with real life. We found out later that he had Alzheimer's which may have been afflicting him earlier. One way or another I bet Biden serves only 1 term at the most.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Biden has to keep going until January of 2023. After that, it depends on what happens in the senate. If the GOP takes over the senate, Biden can step down and let Harris take over. It cannot happen before that time because they need the 51st vote.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
Sounds like an old man embellishing a story because the memory gets a little fuzzy.

Sorry, he’s a good guy and I voted for him and I’m glad he won but he’s too damn old to be in that office. He should not run again.
Sounds like a guy who has been in government thru countless mass shootings. It's shameful that we've had so many of these events that it becomes hard to keep track after a while.

Biden has to keep going until January of 2023. After that, it depends on what happens in the senate. If the GOP takes over the senate, Biden can step down and let Harris take over. It cannot happen before that time because they need the 51st vote.
Huh?

Harris will have a VP as well, unless you think the GOP would block her VP nominee. I seriously doubt she couldn’t get one GOP vote to confirm her VP choice.

Huh?

Harris will have a VP as well, unless you think the GOP would block her VP nominee. I seriously doubt she couldn’t get one GOP vote to confirm her VP choice.
I can see the GOP rejecting a lot of the options she would want. If the person is super liberal it would be an instant no. I 100% see the GOP blocking her VP. Take a look at Biden’s cabinet posts. There were some party line votes

I don’t remember much of Reagan’s thoughts on Trannies and CRT…but I’m guessing it wouldn’t be the same.
I don't know his thoughts either but the platform he ran on didn't mention them. You can google the RNC platforms from those elections if you're not familiar.

I don’t remember much of Reagan’s thoughts on Trannies and CRT…but I’m guessing it wouldn’t be the same.
Considering Fox didn’t turn CRT into an issue until the last couple of years, I highly doubt he even knew what it was.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT