ADVERTISEMENT

Biden reminisces about visiting Tree of Life while speaking to Jewish leaders at the start of the High Holidays

This. Biden has done more of these things than any of us probably realize. Still needs to be called out for being incorrect, but not even in the top 10 of terrible gaffes.

not even an age thing to me. How many of us have been told a story so many times that when we tell it to others we start to believe we were there too?
Yep.

It's a SMH moment, but hardly important.

Reagan confused scenes from films he had been in with real life. We found out later that he had Alzheimer's which may have been afflicting him earlier. One way or another I bet Biden serves only 1 term at the most.
There is no question Biden has normal cognitive decline that comes with aging. Whether that develops into dementia is anyone’s guess.

For the good of the country, Biden should not seek re-election, if he even makes it four years.

How many of us have been told a story so many times that when we tell it to others we start to believe we were there too?
200w.gif

Looks like he went all Brian Williams there!

Not a good look at all, but I also doubt trying to get away with a lie. Prolly has attended quite a few memorials for mass shootings and probably had some remarks for this one and confused not making them there. But, you can’t be confused about that sort of thing. He’s always been a walking gaffe!
"prolly" has not

Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are coming up soon and President Biden marked the start of the Jewish High Holidays by holding a teleconference with Jewish leaders. During his remarks he recalled spending time at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh and speaking with the people there.

Tree of Life was of course the site of a 2018 anti-Semitic massacre that left 11 people dead.

There’s just one problem with Biden’s recollection - the executive director of Tree of Life says Biden has never been there.

CNN has reached out to the White House for comment. So far they have not responded. I look forward to seeing how Jen tries to spin this.

This may be low hanging fruit…..but is it possible ol’ Joe was referring to the tree of life from Genesis and Adam & Eve since he is old enough to have witnessed that? Someone had to say it.

Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur are coming up soon and President Biden marked the start of the Jewish High Holidays by holding a teleconference with Jewish leaders. During his remarks he recalled spending time at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh and speaking with the people there.

Tree of Life was of course the site of a 2018 anti-Semitic massacre that left 11 people dead.

There’s just one problem with Biden’s recollection - the executive director of Tree of Life says Biden has never been there.

CNN has reached out to the White House for comment. So far they have not responded. I look forward to seeing how Jen tries to spin this.

Liar in Chief strikes again.

If he didn't visit it, he either lied or is confused. Either way is not comforting.

He’s been doing this stuff for at least 40 years. It’s not a memory thing.

Sounds like an old man embellishing a story because the memory gets a little fuzzy.

Sorry, he’s a good guy and I voted for him and I’m glad he won but he’s too damn old to be in that office. He should not run again.
Or, stay with me here, he met the survivors at another location

Or, stay with me here, he met the survivors at another location
Did he? I don’t know. I’m just going by the various fact checks (including CNN and Snopes), which say he didn’t visit the synagogue and was instead referring to a phone call 8-9 months after the shootings. If he met survivors anywhere else I haven’t read that.

Either way, it’s not a huge thing. I don’t think he lied on purpose. I do think he means well but simply mixes a lot of things up.

Reactions: RileyHawk
You know, you’re not required to blindly defend absolutely every single thing Biden does. There’s no harm at all in occasionally acknowledging that “yeah, that did not go as planned.”
You know, it’s okay to admit you might not have all the facts. I can live with misremembering where you met with survivors of a deadly attack. It’s an especially petty complaint after all this country went through in the four years prior.

Reactions: BGHAWK
You know, it’s okay to admit you might not have all the facts. I can live with misremembering where you met with survivors of a deadly attack. It’s an especially petty complaint after all this country went through in the four years prior.
I don’t have all the facts. I have enough facts.

Biden said he remembers “going to” the Tree of Life, “spending time” there, and “speaking with” the people there.

He didn’t meet in person with any of the survivors. Not at Tree of Life. Not at Primanti Bros. Not at a Steelers game. Not anywhere. The official White House explanation is that he made a phone call to the rabbi several months after the mass shooting.

That’s not the same thing.

It’s certainly not the end of the world. But when you’re hosting a teleconference with Jewish leaders from around the country, it’s not a good look to falsely claim you visited the site of the worst anti-Jewish hate crime in American history if you didn’t actually visit the site.

Reactions: Finance85
Where was this proven?
Don’t you think that if he actually met with the survivors then the White House would have said so? The official White House response is that he called the rabbi several months later. Why would they only say that he called the rabbi if he actually met in person with some of the survivors?

Don’t you think that if he actually met with the survivors then the White House would have said so? The official White House response is that he called the rabbi several months later. Why would they only say that he called the rabbi if he actually met in person with some of the survivors?
So it wasn’t confirmed. Just a quick reaction statement from the WH and an assumption on your part. Got it. Thanks.

So it wasn’t confirmed. Just a quick reaction statement from the WH and an assumption on your part. Got it. Thanks.
Lol. It took the White House nearly 24 hours to respond to media inquiries. And when they did respond they said that Biden “was referring to a call he had with the Tree of Life rabbi in 2019.” The rabbi also confirmed that Biden called him on his cell phone as he was sitting in Dulles Airport waiting for a return flight to Pittsburgh after testifying before Congress in July 2019.

If your hypothetical suggestion was true and Biden did meet with survivors of the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting at a location other than the Tree of Life Synagogue, then the official White House response would have been that Biden met with survivors of the shooting but at a location other than the synagogue.

It always amuses me when a poster despises me so much that he's perfectly willing to look like an idiot if that's what it takes to disagree with me.

Reactions: Finance85
I've criticized Republicans, and especially Trump, more than you and Menace combined have ever criticized Democrats.

Menace looks like an absolute moron in this thread. Do you really want to hitch your wagon to the same horse?
You've criticized Trump, you want a gold star or something for that?

And I'm on here blasting Democrats on just about a daily basis these days, including calling Democratic party leaders gutless morons just yesterday.

You're making a big deal out of something that would have barely been a mentionable story when it comes to Trump and was a common issue with Ronald Reagan.

I honestly think Biden just got meetings, etc mixed up and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and don't see it as a big deal. Every President has had similar faux pas.

What this is part of is a rightwing media blitz to try and make Biden into a liar on the scale of Trump to normalize Trump and Republican bad faith and gaslighting, you probably know that--you're one of the gaslighting kings around here.

It's why we're getting 10 zillion posts a day on this board calling Biden a liar, when the scale of Biden "lying" is a fraction of Trump/Republican mendaciousness, bad faith, and bullshit.

There is no question Biden has normal cognitive decline that comes with aging. Whether that develops into dementia is anyone’s guess.

For the good of the country, Biden should not seek re-election, if he even makes it four years.
For the good of the country he’d step aside now. This guy is a failure. Nothing good has occurred under his leadership. He’s like the anti-Midas.

What this is part of is a rightwing media blitz to try and make Biden into a liar on the scale of Trump to normalize Trump and Republican bad faith and gaslighting, you probably know that--you're one of the gaslighting kings around here.
CNN is part of a right wing media blitz?

idontknowaboutthat-scuzzijacuzzi.gif

For the good of the country he’d step aside now. This guy is a failure. Nothing good has occurred under his leadership. He’s like the anti-Midas.

First of all, Biden is not a failure, and good things have and are happening. But the best good thing that's happened is Joe Biden removed the most corrupt presidential administration in America's history.

First of all, Biden is not a failure, and good things have and are happening. But the best good thing that's happened is Joe Biden removed the most corrupt presidential administration in America's history.
You guys cannot keep elevating his presidency by simply saying he’s better than who we had. Two things can be true at the same time. Trump was bad. Biden is really bad too.

• Haha
If your hypothetical suggestion was true and Biden did meet with survivors of the Tree of Life Synagogue shooting at a location other than the Tree of Life Synagogue, then the official White House response would have been that Biden met with survivors of the shooting but at a location other than the synagogue.
If they even know. I’ve seen way too many of these “controversies” turn out to be BS once the facts come out, after the tan suit-gate brigade had their collective poutrage. Talk about looking stupid.

If they even know. I’ve seen way too many of these “controversies” turn out to be BS once the facts come out, after the tan suit-gate brigade had their collective poutrage. Talk about looking stupid.
Lol. So your hypothesis is that at some point in the past 3 years, Joe Biden met with survivors of the Tree of Life shooting. But not at the Tree of Life synagogue. Somewhere else. No one knows where. And no one at the Tree of Life or the White House remembers it. And there is no record in the media that it ever happened. But Joe remembers it.

Seems plausible. ;)

Lol. So your hypothesis is that at some point in the past 3 years, Joe Biden met with survivors of the Tree of Life shooting. But not at the Tree of Life synagogue. Somewhere else. No one knows where. And no one at the Tree of Life or the White House remembers it. And there is no record in the media that it ever happened. But Joe remembers it.

Seems plausible. ;)
Your hypothesis is that Joe Biden could have never met any survivors in the swing area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania since the shooting. Seems legit.

Your hypothesis is that Joe Biden could have never met any survivors in the swing area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania since the shooting. Seems legit.
No, my conclusion is that the White House is most likely correct when they acknowledged that Biden never went to Tree of Life to meet with the people there, as Biden incorrectly said he did.

I get that it’s difficult for you to accept losing so convincingly to me. But you simply cannot win this exchange. You’ll have other opportunities, but today just isn’t your day. The best thing you can do is quietly accept your L and root for the Hawks this afternoon.

Cheers!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT